Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 16-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Fire7

I Finally Did It! (I hope he will call?)

I've been working at a recycling plant for the past 2 months; it's a temporary job, so I don't know how long I'm going to be there.

But from day 1, there was this dude who I spotted, and from the moment I saw him I knew I had to find a way to get to know him... I know when people say "he/she looks like an angel" it now sound so corny and cliche.' I, for one, have never seen an angel, but this guy has to be the closest to one I have ever seen! That's the only way I can describe him. He has this smooth, even toned light skin, soft, full pink lips, cute smile (dimples too), about my same height or maybe 1 inch shorter (5 ft 8'), beautiful hazel colored eyes, and from what I can see looks like he has a tight body...and swagger to go along with it. Aside from that he seems humble; even though he probably knows he's sexy (how can he not), and he does talk, he seems a bit on the shy side. We haven't had a lot of interaction because we work in two separate areas. We only see each other when we're clocking in and out.

He looked in my face one morning and said "what's up?" and I was so tongue tied that I don't remember if I said anything back. He must have thought that was rude or maybe that I wasn't interested in conversation. But over the past couple weeks I've been trying to make him more comfortable around me, because he often walks with his head down or his eyes looking at the ground... so I speak whenever I can... and it seems like he has warmed up to me as much as he can with the brief interaction. But several days ago it hit me that I may only be on this job another week or two, and this is the only place where I ever see him. So I have been trying to work up the nerve to introduce myself and give him my contact info. I only knew his name from incidentally standing behind him one day when he was clocking out (because I was too scared to talk to him). You know how it is when you have a crush on someone? Well at least for me, I get really clumsy!

So, today I talked myself into introducing myself to him, hoping I would catch him alone. And it just so happened that he was sitting in the office (door is always opened) with the light off, and there was no one in the hallway waiting to clock out this time. I saw him when he walked in. So I thought to myself "this may be your only chance... do it now...do it now!" So, with every nerve in my body going haywire, I sucked it up, went to the office door and asked him if I could "holler" at em' for a second. He was like "What happened?" (lol), and I motioned for the nearby door that leads outside, tripping over a rug on my way out (good thing I didn't fall on my face)... I just told him that I never properly introduced myself, that I didn't know how long I would be there or how long he would be there, and I gave him my number (he didn't seem put off or anything). I didn't know what he was going to do, but he actually saved it in his phone.

So now I play the waiting game. I don't know if he just saved the number as simply not to be rude and say "Nah, I'm good..." or if he really intends on calling me. I'm glad that I actually worked up the courage (for the first time in my 30 years of life... yea, I'm a late bloomer) to talk to my crush face to face and give him my telephone number. But it's only half the battle. Now, I have to wonder about if he's going to call, and if he does, what I'm going to say to him.

So my question is: Do you think he will call?

I'm sorry about the length of this. I'm just a natural storyteller, and I was trying to give enough details so you would have a good overall view of the situation (I tried not to be too elaborate though).
Old 17-10-2012, 05:12 AM
sesheta

Good for you!!

If he saved your number and didn't give any obvious signs that he was put off (or didn't mention anything about a significant other) then I would think there's a good chance he might call..or maybe now that you've broken the ice, it may give him the courage to ask you out

Good luck, and keep us posted!!!
Old 20-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Suspended
Guide

Fire7,

Has he called or have you seen him around at the plant?
Old 21-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Fire7

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle
Fire7,

Has he called or have you seen him around at the plant?

He hasn't called, but I'm going to try not to sweat it. I do see him every day at work, though. The other day, however, I walked in the changing room where they hang out until it's time to go. He and a couple other men (including his dad) were playing a game of dice. I never spoke to them before but because he was there (and I want to take every possible chance to interact with him) I commented on their game ("What kind of game yall got going here?"]. Their response seemed welcoming... but he made the comment to an older man "When you going to introduce me to your daughter?" Only he and I would know what that meant: it was his indirect--and non-rude way of telling me is into girls, not guys.

Plus he hasn't been showing me much of anything to suggest that he's interested. A couple of spiritual people who I have run this situation by tell me that he is probably Bi-curious (having only been with females but attracted to guys also) but that I need to give him time and space, because I put him on the spot with giving him my phone number. Now he's uncomfortable but still likes what I did... and just has mixed feelings/thoughts about the situation... but will eventually open up, if I show interest in getting to know him and keep the ball in his court, at the same time. So, I'm going to take the advise of many and be patient with him. He has to be bale to trust me first, and I understand that.

I might have done it backwards, indeed, but I've been making small talk whenever I get the chance (the only time we really have to chat is when we're waiting by the time clock). Although he never initiates a conversation with me, he does engage convo when I initiate it (and doesn't seem withdrawn at all). The other day I did ask him about how he likes working in his department and so on... I just started to chat with his dad as well; turns out that he even knows my mom. But he used to play football---so my dude probably also plays football---I'll bring this up to him the next time I see him. I imagine there are a few good subjects to talk about with him, and eventually I will. I think I will, however, avoid asking him anything that has to do with a significant other, because if it turns out he does have a wife or a g/f it's only going to make me jealous. I want to keep the (potential) friendship as basic as possible until we're both comfortable enough to go deeper. But judging from his comment the other day "When are you going to introduce me to your daughter?" I gather that he's probably single.

I also ride to and from work with his cousin, so I've been learning little things from him as well. From what I understand, my dude is a "good kid." I saw this in him to begin with and his cousin's comment only confirms what I felt about him. and I understand that he's also a funny guy (joker). This is a definite plus, because I love a dude who has a good sense of humor and can make me laugh... his smile is adorable too, so I think I would try to keep him smiling as much as possible
Old 21-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Suspended
Guide

I do not understand if he was talking to your dad when he asked when the man was going to introduce him to his daughter. If it was your dad, then it looks good. But if it was not your dad, it sounds like he was trying to show that he is interested in other women besides you. I just need to be honest about that.

Are you bi-curoius? You do not need to answer, but would you want to have a relationship with a man who was bi-curious? I would want my man to only be attracted to women, but maybe that is just me.

Overall, I am proud of you for having the guts to give him your phone number. Now, you will not regret it or wonder what if since you did it. If it is meant to be, it will be. If not, you will eventually find the person you are meant to be with.
Old 21-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Master
twinkle, if you look at Fire7's profile you will see that he is male. Which makes the situation a little trickier simply because of trying to figure if the admiree is attracted to men or women or both. Not an easy thing to do without putting yourself really out there on the line.

Old 21-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Administrator
Hey Fire

My daughter is in uni and her flat mate is one of her best friends he is gay also,i can only tell you what i know that he has said to my daughter, he told my daughter that she is one of his best female friends because she excepts him as he is, he went away last week to a conference and he told my daughter there was a guy going that he fancied, she said as you are going for three days why dont you find out more about him. this he did nothing happened between them while they were away, bt they are close friends now since coming back. if its meant to happen for you it will dont give up hope.

Namaste
Old 22-10-2012, 01:47 AM
Fire7

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle
I do not understand if he was talking to your dad when he asked when the man was going to introduce him to his daughter. If it was your dad, then it looks good. But if it was not your dad, it sounds like he was trying to show that he is interested in other women besides you. I just need to be honest about that.

Are you bi-curoius? You do not need to answer, but would you want to have a relationship with a man who was bi-curious? I would want my man to only be attracted to women, but maybe that is just me.

Overall, I am proud of you for having the guts to give him your phone number. Now, you will not regret it or wonder what if since you did it. If it is meant to be, it will be. If not, you will eventually find the person you are meant to be with.

LOL @ me having to explain this in every thread: I'm a MAN who's gay. But it's ok; you didn't know. And it was HIS dad he was watching play dice with another older man---who he asked about meeting his daughter.
Old 22-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Rin

Well done for asking.

I am afraid it will still be up to you to take the next step.
First, men are sometimes a bit dense and may not realize that another man giving you his number is an invitation to more, unless your behavior makes it obvious that you are gay.
Second, there may be company rules against in-company love relationships. They often do not work out well with sometimes serious repercussions for at least one party.

Good luck.
Old 22-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Fire7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
Well done for asking.

I am afraid it will still be up to you to take the next step.
First, men are sometimes a bit dense and may not realize that another man giving you his number is an invitation to more, unless your behavior makes it obvious that you are gay.
Second, there may be company rules against in-company love relationships. They often do not work out well with sometimes serious repercussions for at least one party.

Good luck.

I think he can read between the lines. I honestly think he is confused by the gesture, though. What's probably running through his mind is: "This dude definitely just hit on me... Naaah, it couldn't be... what would give him the gall to just assume I'm into dudes anyway...?!... Do I look or act gay? maybe he's just really friendly... but he does seem kinda weird... he doesn't talk much, and he acts nervous around me... I'm not going to call him until I feel this situation out a little more... but just in case he thinks he can try any funny business, I'll keep a little distance..." I read a lot from body language, conversation, the tone of one's voice... and this is how he has been acting since I approached him. It even seems like he's running from me. Again, he'll answer questions with no push-back, but it may just be that he's such a nice guy that he'll engage me just not to be rude... because he never speaks to me on his own (other than that one day before this happened) or even looks at me. I will say, he did come in the door the other morning and I turned to catch him locking eyes with me for about 2 secs before I turned away in shock!