Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 24-02-2013, 01:56 AM
aurarose

when raising your vibrational level?

I was wondering! when you raise your vibrational level. if you have to release negativity, is it just for this life time or all life times that your soul has ever lived? and if so what is an average time frame and is there anything you can do to speed up the process?
Old 24-02-2013, 10:15 PM
Anandini.Devotee

Integration, it's not just from this life but understanding sanskaras will help. Samskaras are past life tendencies, like habits that are accumulated over past lives. For example, someone may have an unnatural fear of abandonment or be quick to respond with anger. This could be because they carried them from past incarnations into the present one. Sometimes our vibration falls but is an inclination that there is more to integrate. :) Om Nama shivaya
Old 24-02-2013, 11:21 PM
Pema Nyizer

Wink

I think the answer might actually be inside of the question, haha.

In my "main/heart/ultimate" tradtion, a form of Vajrayana Buddhism, it is said that as you "raise your vibrational level, or progress significantly in a genuine (increases wisdom AND compassion) spiritual path, that your negative karma starts to get thrown at you faster, and faster.

However, it is also said that not only will a said karmic seed ripen faster, but it will not have a change to "grow" as larger so to speak. It won't "hurt as bad."

So you get quite an onslaught when you really start to prove a devoted and skillfull dedication to awakening. Purification has been a MAJOR focus of my life's path, and now more than ever, so I thought I'd chime in. My apache medicine man has expressed similar ideas to me as well.

I wish I had a specific suggestion as to exactly "what" you could do to speed up the process, but I would also ask why you where attempting this. Intention is paramount.

Not only that, but all the methods that I know for sure accomplish faster negative karmic maturation either:

1. BEFORE doing such a practice, require a teacher to either transmit the practice (and fruit), and AFTER be available to the initiate for questions/concerns/problems that arise when he/she goes home and tries to accomplish what the Guru showed them, (Tantric Empowerment)

or

2. require you and at least the teacher to be present together in each instance as he/she will be administering the ceremony, and helping to guide prayer if it starts losing pure intent. (sweat lodge, flesh offerings, vision quest) It can be very dangerous, in my opinion, to even try to mimick these kind of practices.

Also, perhaps the reason why this purification doesn't start until we start racing up the "stairway to heaven," is because if we didn't have a very solid ground to stand on through (among other virtues): well developed devotion, concentration, and especially a world view that can withstand intense periods of suffering without faltering; then we fall all the way down those stairs to the bottom, or even not make it at all.

There may be ways to speed up this process that a member of this could just tell you and you could do. If I had to, then I would say to do anything which has proven to yourself to increase your compassion, and your overall wisdom and view of yourself and others. Then, you will certainly get to a point where Creator/Guru/God starts heaving masses of cosmic dung at you as fast as you can take it, or he/she will send/manifest A Guide, so that you can as quickly as possible endeavor to join him/her at climbing too.

If you are interested in specifics on purification of karma from a perspective that I have offered up, feel free to PM me. There are some things that I know of that are safe without teacher, or that at the very least would certainly ATTRACT a teacher....

EDIT: Although Devotee (above) is right, certainly does not require A (self)"SECRET" PRACTICE to attain purification. Your view, or way in which you think (or don't think lol) is enough, as in reality it only takes ONE thought/realization/concept/view AND NOT A "(self)SECRET" PRACTICE to "Self-Liberate" ALL into Un-Impeeded Space Complete With CLear Light, and Everlasting Pure Bliss. However, I've been told that there hasn't yet been a person that has gotten "there" without purifying their karma in some way, so that their obscurations were light enough to even be able to read the writing on the wall...

Last edited by Pema Nyizer : 24-02-2013 at 11:32 PM. Reason: left out important part
Old 26-02-2013, 04:24 AM
aurarose

TO: GURU THANK YOU ALWAYS, YOU ARE ALWAYS A GREAT HELP

TO: PEMA Haha you are very right. for a year i was getting rid of negativity and the more i did it the more my life seemed to fall apart. so for the last few days i have been focusing on the light, love, God, Heaven and it is a huge change. haha i was just trying to fix my physical life and i just wanted to feel a purpose for me here on Earth. I can feel the light now. to where i was almost in tears when i felt it out of a sense of rescue and love and happiness. i went through a period where my father died and i lost my husband and my son then lost my entire family so i was extremely heart broken and i just did it wrong. it is funny because everytime i put it out there like out of my mouth the answers just seem to come to me. i am an extreme happy person and i was trying to find that again and i believe that i have. Thank you so much.
Old 27-02-2013, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru.Anandini.Devotee
Integration, it's not just from this life but understanding sanskaras will help. Samskaras are past life tendencies, like habits that are accumulated over past lives. For example, someone may have an unnatural fear of abandonment or be quick to respond with anger. This could be because they carried them from past incarnations into the present one. Sometimes our vibration falls but is an inclination that there is more to integrate. :) Om Nama shivaya
So how do you get rid of 'past life tendencies"??
Old 27-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurarose
I was wondering! when you raise your vibrational level. if you have to release negativity, is it just for this life time or all life times that your soul has ever lived? and if so what is an average time frame and is there anything you can do to speed up the process?

I'm not sure, what are you doing already?
Old 27-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Anandini.Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
So how do you get rid of 'past life tendencies"??
When I asked my gurumaa the same question she said this

"Meditation brings awareness,it effects on your thought process,your thought process starts changing in a positive manner,if you are aware of your thoughts,negative and irrelevant thoughts starts disappearing,when your thoughts gets refined and pure,it effects on your speech,you cant say things that can hurt anyone,you cant lie,when your thoughts and speech gets refined,it effects on your Karmas (actions),you can never harm anyone, act selfish or hate anyone.When the quality of your karmas converts into Akarma,then it starts removing the effect of past karmas or samskaras"

What I find is honestly with oneself, karma is lessons that need to be learned to overcome. Being enriched with the experience of understanding yourself is true wisdom. Wen Gurumaa was asked if a master can 'take' ones karma she said this

"If a master will take on the bad karmas of their disciple,how will people grow and learn?I want my people to be courageous enough to face the result of the karmas rather then finding the ways to escape them,i can give you the strength,knowledge and guidance so that you can burn the effect of your bad karmas on your own,this will not only make you aware of your karmas but also make you help grow spiritually...Love to all !"
Old 27-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurarose

Hi aurarose .

Perhaps there is an element of awareness had of how one attains negativity in the first instance in order for one to let go of it .

If one lets go of something without an understanding of how one has attained it then it could be attained time and time again .

x dazzle x