Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 14-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Melissa

hey everyone! Any experienced Lucid Dreamers?

First of all i'm new to this forum, Hi! My name is Melissa and jumped over from another site glad found you guys! They didn't seem to know, so maybe this fam can help? Ok, so I'm interested in going into astral from a lucid dream and am not sure how. I got stuck the other night, was aware I was dreaming and tried to fly out lol, didnt work. Next I tried to command the self back to my body, and just leave from there... so imagined my other self sleeping in the bed in my room, with the snoring bf next to me and all, and tried to WILL myself back. It wasn't happening and was stuck Later went into non-lucid dreams and is all a blur. I am really interested in visiting the recently opened vortexes and conscious AP's arent as easy as LD's. How does one leave a lucid dream into astral? Or ask your guide to pop in to help? Will love you forever if anyone has experience with this ~Namaste~
Old 14-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Cal

Hi Melissa, I have them much less frequently these days. I still have them occasionally and to varying degrees. Often when I think/realize that I am dreaming I test it by seeing if I can lift off the ground (fly). I used to focus more on intent and cues to recognize when I am in a dream before which maybe why I have them less now. When I did the frequency of LD’s increased.

Almost 2 decades ago when I worked a graveyard shift and sleeping at different times than my wife my lucid dreams were happening much more often, even to the point of entering directly fully aware using a form of meditation. However, most of the times I enter the state indirectly through the technique of learning to recognize I’m dreaming after I’m already there.

One of the things I learned is that it took practice to fly without falling or wondering aimlessly in some direction. Mere intention seemed to work better than a force thought if that makes sense. Also, I could not always fully control what was going on. Sometimes there were energies or entities working against it and sometimes it just seemed more appropriate not to try to control things.

The few times that I entered directly through long and deep meditation I dissolved directly into another reality and did not see my body in bed. It was like my body fell asleep while my conscious awareness stayed awake. I've always wondered if it was a form of astral travel or OBE but in my experiences I never saw my physical body either entering the state or returning. Although I do have a lot of false awakenings, continuing in normal dreams - unaware I'm dreaming.

I've recently become interesting in working in that state more and hope to increase the frequency. I wish you luck in your endeavors. Hopefully someone with more experience will share their wisdom.

Best Regards,
Cal
Old 17-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Master
Melissa... In lucid dreaming and astral projection we don't "will" ourselves somewhere. All we need to do is give our attention to it... the physical body or a specific location or another person... and you'll find yourself there.

There's a lot to learn about developing these abilities. I suggest an excellent book called "Lucid Dreaming" by Robert Waggonner, and another called "The Secret of the Soul" by William Buhlman.

Xan

Old 23-10-2010, 02:45 AM
Guide
Quote:
How does one leave a lucid dream into astral? Or ask your guide to pop in to help?

- Good question. The majority of my experiences come from doing this (transitional awareness: from dream to astral)

I never hurts to ask for Divine help, but for me, I think it just happens because I spent a good effort of the night trying to "get out" - and even though I failed to, I fell asleep and upon coming back to regular waking consciousness something makes me aware of what the astral body is doing and I can go from there.

I'd have to say that, maybe if you can recognize what the astral body is doing (which has allot to do with feeling it) then ignore thinking about getting up in the morning in the physical and just go with the feeling you get from the astral body or concentrate on that instead.

What is most important to realize is that our quality of conscious awareness during the day seems to directly affect the quality of consciousness while we dream. So if we are well-versed in studying ourselves consciously while awake, then we are more apt to catch the cues coming from our other bodies while we are in different states of brain activity that we might not usually/naturally recognize.

Old 26-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Dream Walker

Hi Melissa,
I think if you catch yourself lucid dreaming and can wake yourself up without waking your body up (you'd find yourself in sleep paralysis) you will be in an ideal state to be able to leave your body consciously. (I'd focus mentally on the ceiling and once I find myself there get far from my body to avoid going straight back) Hope that helps, I don't have experience of being able to go straight from lucid dream to AP
Old 09-11-2010, 04:26 PM
vincent

As a fairly frequent lucid dreamer, the only advise i can give is that it is much easier to affect the lucid dream-world by negating rather than creating...

I have heard of an induction technique for out of body experiences... don't know if that can help but it is in a few research papers on the internet.
Old 23-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Suspended

i have had a few.
Old 25-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Master
Hi Melissa,

Welcome to the forum. It looks like you're having fun experimenting with the astral world. Enjoy - but I hope you still manage to get a good night's sleep. That was always my issue with it when I played around with lucid dreaming. I didn't get enough deep sleep (no REM, no dreaming).

I think the real value of lucid dreaming is to get an idea of what it's like to be enlighened in the waking state, which is called turyia, in Sanskrit. All the world is a dream and we can become lucid in it. So the "lucid dream" gives us a kind of glimpse into our possibilities in this world.

Whatever you want to achieve, my suggestion is to focus on it a lot just before you go to sleep. Do this night after night and you will eventually get results.

Once you start having lucid dreams, my suggestion is to take it to another level. Observe yourself critically in your dream. How are you behaving? Do you like the person you are in your dream? Is this the kind of person you are in the waking state? Or an alter-ego? Or someone you'd like to become. Dreams are powerful tools to co-create the kind of person we want to be in the waking state. They are a strong indicator of our secret desires and fears etc.

My favorite book on the subject is by Swami Radha, Realities of the Dreaming Mind. It's a very cool - creative-artistic approach to dream work... which can become a path or "yoga" to cosmic consciousness.

Good luck with it... lots of good ideas from others here too.

Uma
Old 25-11-2010, 06:19 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa
First of all i'm new to this forum, Hi! My name is Melissa and jumped over from another site glad found you guys! They didn't seem to know, so maybe this fam can help? Ok, so I'm interested in going into astral from a lucid dream and am not sure how. I got stuck the other night, was aware I was dreaming and tried to fly out lol, didnt work. Next I tried to command the self back to my body, and just leave from there... so imagined my other self sleeping in the bed in my room, with the snoring bf next to me and all, and tried to WILL myself back. It wasn't happening and was stuck Later went into non-lucid dreams and is all a blur. I am really interested in visiting the recently opened vortexes and conscious AP's arent as easy as LD's. How does one leave a lucid dream into astral? Or ask your guide to pop in to help? Will love you forever if anyone has experience with this ~Namaste~

All lucid dreaming is,
is becoming awake while in a dream, and this can happen by many things.
Sometimes when you dream, you may have the realization, "oh i am dreaming", you have to cling onto that.
The more you set out the intention to become completely awake in a dream,
the more realizations you will get during a dream.

Once you know you are dreaming, you will figure out you can control it, and then from there, you can explore the dream realm, and the death realm, or anywhere you wish.

You have to be in a state of deep sleep, without deep sleep you won't go anywhere. Partly why people can't get to this state, is because they aren't in a deep enough sleep, so i suggest finding techniques to help you sleep deeply. You can still dream, but be in a lighter sleep, that's when your dreams become sort of meaningless and random. But from experience, even without "lucid dreaming" deep sleep makes the most important dreams that are sent from spirits and such.

When i first started out a long time ago, i kept falling asleep with the intention in mind. A shaman once said, that if you fall asleep starting at the palm of your hand, you may just dream of your hand.
Apparently, if you see your hand in a dream, you will immediately wake up because we never see our own hand in a dream.

But the only reason i was able to begin to learn, was my dead cat came to me in all of my dreams. Each time i saw him, i was immediately woken up in the dream, realizing it was real, and not a dream.
So the best way, is to ask dead people to come to you. If all else fails, they will surely make you realize it ain't just a dream.

But in the beginning, every time i awoke in a dream, it was so vividly real, and it made me feel so vulnerable that it scared me and i woke myself up from sleep. It takes time to get used to that vulnerable feeling. You may reach the point many times, and wake up from sleep because it's so vivid, but you can learn to get through that too.

Also, another thing to point out, is when you do eventually do it, your dream surroundings may disappear, and you will suddenly end up somewhere random in the death realm, or even somewhere random on this earth. It is very much like suddenly disappearing and reappearing somewhere, and it can be just as odd to the spirits or people or things you appear next to, as it is for you,
so it can be disorientating at first. It's good to have an intention of where you want to go, or else you just pop into somewhere unexpected. You can't go anywhere harmful, but for the beginner, it can be weird enough to wake up up completely, just a forewarning. You will have to work on dealing with the natural feelings that come up, because they will get in the way.

Another hint: i find this easier to do, than anything. Find someone on this site, or someone else, that you know is very far across the world from you.
Get to know them a little, but not too much. Then, plan with them, a meeting in the dream realm. Both of you, have to be expecting it (it makes it easier for beginners). It's good if they are a random stranger!
When you go to bed, repeat their name three times, and fall asleep with the intention of meeting them. The same night, they will fall asleep also, after repeating your name three times, with the same intention. They have to be open to you visiting them, simply because it makes it easier for you to come to them. Once you master it though, you will be able to visit alive people who aren't willing to your visit, you will even be able to visit them if they are not asleep. It may scare the **** out of them though :)
I've done this numerous times, a great way to meet people in person far away!
The first time i did it though, i remembered nothing of the meeting, but woke up feeling extremely exhausted like i hadn't slept for years. I remembered i had met someone, but it was way too blurry to be sure of. He remembered the whole meeting and described it to me, but i needed more proof than that.
We tried it again the next night, and this time we both remembered everything. It's a lot easier than anything else.
But, as i said, get one of your spirits, or a dead loved one to help you out. They just need to appear in your dream and you will be like, "OH i am DREAMING! And now i am awake!" Just try and hold onto it. And don't get scared. The intensity of the real dream realm is overwhelming.
Edit: oh man, i just forgot to say the most important thing about the visiting experience. make sure you can trust them.
you don't want to meet someones spirit in dream land if they are a bad person, because it intensifies everyones power, if they are ... bad. Use your intuition while picking out a random stranger, make sure you feel they are surrounded with good energies. It's good to pick someone who has experience as well, it will make you visit a lot easier.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:43 PM
emmabee1990

I've only done it like twice but not so much controlling what happpened in it, i just managed to force the dreams to continue. Teh amount of time i've wanted to know what has happened but didn't, i did it then. I hardly ever remember my dreams though but when i do they are ether weird random dreams that mean not much or dreams with some sort of meaning to my life or a moral to go by.