Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 15-02-2016, 06:48 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance & Rite
Not many people grasp what math really is. Math is a system of symbol manipulation that gets altered as necessary to depict reality. It isn't reality itself. Any guy who says that everything is made out of "math" is playing semantics at best since math is just a system we developed.

I don't accept that. Numbers are pure abstractions. They are unalterable truths. These numbers when taking on form - such as a triangle - obey rules (which we can't see, but which we can read and copy). The conception of a circle existing as an abstraction in nothingness is comprehensible.
Old 15-02-2016, 02:18 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Metaphysical-1 mind/intellect/concepts ergo mathematics( ex geometry ) exist in complementation too, physical/energy.

The maths exist eternally as metaphysical-1 mind/intellect/concepts.

The physical/energy or at minimum, occupied space, also exists eternally.

Occupied space as physical/energy allows humans to exist and access metaphysical-1 existence as mind/intellect/concepts.

Occupied space has at least three primary subcatagories;

1) fermions and boson---ergo spirit-2/physical/energy,

2) gravity--ergo contractive and possibly positive curvature property of spacetime,

3) dark energy---repulsive and possiibly negative curvature property of spacetime.

I conjecture that spacetime is defined by three properties;

1) gravity---geodesics ( ),

2) dark energy---geodesics )(,

3) time--><.

Wholistically speaking, I believe we find these three in every quantum particle of Universe as great tube( circle/vector ) aka a great torus or toroidal vector.

I depict these three with texticonically poor expression as cross-sectional view of the torus from the horisontal side view;

(><)(><)

What is not made clear, is that I believe the time inversions are breaks in direction of the geodesic arcs of gravity and dark energy.

Again, no occupied space can exist without mathematical number sets and geometry of shape/form that can be expressed statically and with equlibrium of vectors or dynamically with disequilibrium of vectors.

r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Numbers ergo mathemathics are metaphysical-1 mind/intellect/concepts expressed with ink, lead, crayons pixel etc....
Metaphysical-1 mind/intellect/concepts can only be accessed via physical/energy i.e. experience of somethingness must come before concept of somethingness in regards to human consciousness.
MAx Tegmark also makes clear, that 5 only 5 symmetrical/regular polyhedra are possible.( period ). Thx Max.
Who first thought of numbers go back to first humans to create language. Mathematics is number language.
I belive most evidence leads to number language preceding written word by many years if not thousands of years i.e. humans created symbols fro counting long before creating words for other concepts.
It may be that for the first word to be spoken, the human perhaps was in very dire circumstances ex stuck in quicksand so his brain just blurts "hey dude, could grab a willow branch and pull me out'.....
I jest of course but you get the basic idea. If that human already had words for number sets then they may have blurted out a word like #1 as if they were Capitan Picard of Star Trek calling for his #1 Rikker.
r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 18-02-2016, 07:13 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
According to physicist Max Tegmark it may just be so, the universe and other universes and everything in it are just mathematical equations?

Still leaves the question, who came up with the numbers? Or could it have arisen spontaneously or was the maths always there??

Hey Metal,

Great topic. I believe the universe is made of non-physical information (NPI) (as opposed to the current common sense view that it is made of STEM (space/time/energy/matter).

Velocity, Orbit, Mass, Volume, Spin, Gravitational Attraction, Atomic Structure, Chemical Composition, Wavelengths, Frequencies, Amplitudes, Cellular Reproduction, Brain Waves, etc. are all forms of NPI.

I agree with Max Tegmark....the universe is made of information....and consciousness decodes this information into the physical reality we sense/perceive.
Old 18-02-2016, 08:33 PM
Master
What does the number 1 represent?

Somebody tell me what actually it is representing?

Like for example, i have got a bowl of fruit in my kitchen! and there is one Strawberry left in that bowl.

So now therefore! people viewing this post right now! are aware that there is 1 Strawberry in my bowl. And some point in the near future.......

(I am going to eat that Strawberry, and i am really really going to enjoy it! i am really going to take my time with it..haha)....

But what are number's? we know that a Strawberry is a Strawberry! an apple is a apple! and that i have got two arms, two legs.........

But what is the (Number 1)..? what is it..?

If the universe is made up of just numbers and math, surely it would be a good idea to understand what actually a number is!

But you see...

Nobody know's what a number actually is! numbers mean nothing, completely nothing without something else like a lone Strawberry or apple! to play around with....

So taking all this information into account, the universe cannot! be made up of numbers! because numbers are actually quite empty and meaningless.

(Many months ago i may have stated that universe is all shapes, geometry and stuff like that! but the universe is not just made up of matter & energy, consciousness proves this! Consciousness is being beamed/projected from somewhere else, where matter & energy is mere child's plays)....
Old 18-02-2016, 09:19 PM
Experiencer
Math is based off the universe, not the other way around.
The universe is based off math, not the other way around.
Both are right, both are wrong.
The universe is mathematically perfect.
Math is universally perfect.
Both are spontaneous and simultaneous.
This is truth.
Old 18-02-2016, 09:22 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIND POWER
What does the number 1 represent?

Somebody tell me what actually it is representing?

Like for example, i have got a bowl of fruit in my kitchen! and there is one Strawberry left in that bowl.

So now therefore! people viewing this post right now! are aware that there is 1 Strawberry in my bowl. And some point in the near future.......

(I am going to eat that Strawberry, and i am really really going to enjoy it! i am really going to take my time with it..haha)....

But what are number's? we know that a Strawberry is a Strawberry! an apple is a apple! and that i have got two arms, two legs.........

But what is the (Number 1)..? what is it..?

If the universe is made up of just numbers and math, surely it would be a good idea to understand what actually a number is!

But you see...

Nobody know's what a number actually is! numbers mean nothing, completely nothing without something else like a lone Strawberry or apple! to play around with....

So taking all this information into account, the universe cannot! be made up of numbers! because numbers are actually quite empty and meaningless.

(Many months ago i may have stated that universe is all shapes, geometry and stuff like that! but the universe is not just made up of matter & energy, consciousness proves this! Consciousness is being beamed/projected from somewhere else, where matter & energy is mere child's plays)....

What does a rock dream? A dream of stillness, a dream of silence, a dream of nothing. That is what consciousness is. Numbers are empty, so too is the universe. You cannot have an object without the space that surrounds it. Object, space, both are inherent in existence. So the universe is full and empty, reality and math.
Old 18-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WabiSabi
What does a rock dream? A dream of stillness, a dream of silence, a dream of nothing. That is what consciousness is. Numbers are empty, so too is the universe. You cannot have an object without the space that surrounds it. Object, space, both are inherent in existence. So the universe is full and empty, reality and math.

If the universe is made up of math, I will say this again….

What does the number 1 represent? What is number 1? We know that an apple is a apple, and an orange is a orange! But what is number 1..? What does the number 1, by itself represent?

There is nobody online right now, who can tell me what the number 1 represents! Nobody…..

And this why math is fundamentally flawed, and it does not make up the universe fundamentally!

It’s merely just a limited descriptive which by itself means nothing.

And also…..

The universe is not full empty space, if so! how can light travel through space? i will tell you why! Because space is not empty! If matter and energy is (interconnected), which quantum physics has unearthed (And obviously metaphysics has known for along time!) Then there is no such thing as (An empty space, even when studding energy & matter!)....

And if the universe is full of empty space, there would be no such thing as air resistance! And in space light would not be able to travel! To travel it makes sense that you have to travel through something!

(Some kind of substance)….

Otherwise you would not be travelling….

Ships travel on water, planes travel through the sky! Marty McFly traveled through time baby….

(So the Universe is not empty, and reality is not math! Not the math we learn anyway)....
Old 18-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Experiencer

Is Reality Just One Big Set Of Numbers?? Are We Just Maths?

Personally I would have doubted it very much , as Mathematics would seem to be a Man made construct , where as Creation seems to have had no knowledge of Maths as a concept prior to our (humanities) imposition of Mathematics..examples, being... The Golden Mean, Sacred Geometry etc...

Those concepts are what we as an aspect of creation calculated... So you see , hopefully, whatever Pattern, Rhyme or Meter we choose to superimpose on the way of things, will only ever be destined to be our own individual and personal take on it all.
Old 20-02-2016, 08:18 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Uni = 1

1-verse = Universe

2-verse'es = multiverse

2 or more verse'es = multiverse

Metaphysical-1 mind/intellect/concept exists in complement to occupied space.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 22-02-2016, 02:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRoyal
The problem we are having getting to the truth about the dynamics involved in creation is that we have forgotten that we, and God are infinite, and transcend time and space. We, and God are pure conscious awareness, and are literally No Thing. It is this finite realm that allows God, and us to express our conscious energy, define that energy, and hopefully refine it to its highest expression. Mathematics is the means by which infinite conscious awareness expresses its energy allowing for greater understanding of the creative potential that it possesses. Mathematics is the means that an infinite creator ( God and us) uses to define and refine its qualities as a creator. Mathematics is a finite representation of infinite awareness. The creative force, God defines creation using mathematics, and the understanding gained aids in expanding the creative force. You can't have creation without a means to express it, and math is the means.

I personally would have written the last sentence so; You can't have creation without maths. Everything which is or isn't observable can be measured.