Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 02-04-2016, 01:10 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I think you should only believe in jésus
Old 04-04-2016, 12:22 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
So important a thing said that it can't be believed.

This goes back thousands of years of repetition, are we even aware of it, generations will require their religion this way. Imagine that. The religion is thousands of years old and because we don't remember and are born with a fresh mind, it will be new. For me what helps is study of the religion culture itself, we are taught ideas thousands of years old and we don't even know it impacts us. Maybe commercials on tv do impact buying habits. Take a teacher, they cannot teach something opposite or they;ll get kicked out of religion training. I may even go to school many years to learn this stuff and in fact must answer everything a certain way or one has not learned. I'd say observe and have the willingness to study. Sometimes I think you have to go with your gut here. Also wanted to point out the consciousness behind it. All entities are that which fights to survive. On cannot go around changing ideas, it means it's death and so their is a bit of survival of itself. Here's the question, can some different things be seen relevant and tangible.
Our conscious minds do not like ambiguity. It only feels comfortable and secure when it feels like it's riding on top of things. Schools derive authenticity from the collective idea that a lot of seemingly intelligent people all tend to agree on one thing or another. There is math.. we go to the moon using math, therefore math is a magical means of describing things that makes something happen in a predictably way. So people will bury themselves into math as an answer. Their personal lives may be something of a wreck but at least the math thing is their savior. Thus schools will teach math basted on a general consensus of repetitive alignments. Is this the answer? It's 'A' answer to a specific set of variables but it's only a reflection of thoughts about things, it, in itself, does not make life happen.

Beneath all of our thinking there's a process of biological integrity, that unfolds in a moment to moment mystery-of-perfection, that continually replicates the building blocks of living. There are unseen epigenetic templates involved that maintains the form of the body that we live in without any discernible effort. We tend to dismiss this because it seems so mundane. An yet nothing would be anything without it.

Our conscious selves are like sentries or scouts, looking out for the lion, or the next finding-of-food. We "consciously" do not have access to the inner rhythms of our own physical development and moment-to-moment replications, because frankly our conscious minds are not up to the task. The complexity is so overwhelming. So instead we entertain ourselves with math, or religion, or fanciful thoughts about one thing or another, and then call ourselves smart because we can think something, then do something, and get predictable results. We're then so proud of these "accomplishments" and call ourselves smart, while the real work of our existence moves along undetected.

If we're going to worship anything then I suggest we worship our bodies. We didn't make it, it made itself. We don't maintain it's inner continuity, it does so magnificently without our participation. We can go to school and learn about what's taking place while it's happening, but mentally we can't replicate what it's steadily doing without effort.

Human thought is generally a process of self aggrandized entertainment.. we create colorful symbols and then smile as they reflect sunlight and sparkle... :)
Old 04-04-2016, 01:03 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
you make it sound so nice!
i resonate to the idea of "starting from scratch", it feels like a natural
state for me (it's my baseline, everyday). i've used it as a way to chastise
myself (far too frequently), by focusing on ways that it's disadvantageous.
it's pleasant to see someone appreciative of this vantage point.
thanks
Hi H:O:R:A:C:E, and thank you, it is nice!

I used to think that I needed to become smarter. And yet, my definition of smart was continually reliant on culturally derived symbols. Our culture is loaded with such symbols. We tend to name "everything" and then think we understand it. It's okay to pretend like we know what's going on, (the people around us expect it) but we shouldn't be expecting ourselves to be hoodwinked by such 'certainty'.

So let it go and start everyday from scratch. Do we suddenly become stupid? Quite the opposite. Thinking that we know things, that truly we don't, keeps us constantly off balance and disoriented. If we pretend that we're smart, and project this all the time, then what is it that we're actually missing?

Your intuitive self is not reliant on superficial, culturally-centric-assumptions-of-knowledge. Move all that nonsense aside and you suddenly become "present". By dumping the words and the concepts we open ourselves to the honesty of the moment. We become smarter in a different way. We are no longer watering down our current moment with laments from the past and fears of the future, our full attention is awake to the "present".

If you're playing a musical instrument the worst thing you could do is to "think" about where your fingers are, and where to go next. If you're operating a back hoe that last thing you would want to be doing is to focus on what lever does what, you want your body to take over and you simply look at the task at hand and update as needed. This holds true with thought itself. The more we "think" about something, in the way people tend to think, then the less connected we are with the thing itself. We can direct our attention much more effectively if we're not trying to align with old scripts.

We still have all of our "learned" information at the ready should we need it, but we may find ourselves applying it in quite novel ways, ways that never would have come to mind should we be acting of habitual habits.

Try it. Tell yourself that you really know very little and that you're totally okay with such a thing. Become relaxed with this knowing, and open freshly to each moment, and you may find that you're much wiser than you can 'think'. :)
Old 04-04-2016, 12:32 PM
Master
as you can see there are always plenty of people happy to tell you what to believe.
what if beliefs are just thought experiments we take on for a short while until new information is available to us and not some desired state of mind? then, your "not knowing what to believe" is a perfectly perfect place of being.