Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 03-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth
Jesus never said, "Repent, for the fires of hell are approaching!"
He instead said this: "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!"

Perfect love cast out fear. Faith in God and his teachings allows you to know that you will go to heaven if you have chosen to follow Christ.
Live a life of repentance by faith with love and hate sin and the doors to sin which are the negative parts of our human nature.
Be a servant of the world. Pray. Ask. Praise. Learn.
Do these things and there will be no fear.
There will be understanding and happiness.
I'm not saying this because it's what I believe, but because I've experienced
this among other things.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Master
Donni1 fundamentalist anything is bad. Any group of like minded people ostrecizing everyone elses thinking should raise alarm bells.

I am an evangelical christian and I cant stand fundamentalist christians either.

Fundamentalists see in black and white when in actual fact the world is made of colours.

Jesus first miracle was turning water into wine, he condoned it .. so go have that beer with your friend (with differeing religious beliefs) at the hotel without any guillt.

Jesus never condemned a sinner not even one time. If Jesus did not condemn sinners or judge them we cant either.

That makes us no better than everyone else.

We are people like everyone else with a different chosen faith.

All we have to do is love people and follow jesus teachings and try to filter out post jesus man made unnecessary doctrinal rules.

Bretheren dont dance or wear makeup and women must wear hats... That is craziness! That comes from not knowing your bible good enough.

If you want to combat short sighted fundamentalism learn your bible in the context of how it was written and who it was written for and people cant confuse you then with info that may not be true.

Whatever you do dont be wishy washy with beliefs. If you have experienced God and yo believe it to be a real thing , follow God and ignore those who have become self righteous believing they have the only answers. over the top people tack on all this extra suff that was never written in the bible.

In saying that I personally believe Jesus is who he said he was and i believe God is real.

Back to the heaven and hell thing in all honesty none of us could give you anything except speculation. What do you feel is the truth regarding it all? Do you have some inner thoughts that existed prior to feeling presured by people?
Old 03-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Quagmire

Stop believing in religions and start to believe in yourself. You are loved and will always be loved by the cosmos that you are a part of. Embrace life in any way you see fit and know in your heart that there is no one but yourself that has the authority to judge you. Hell is a state of mind and only if you submit to it will it have power over you. Set yourself free from past knowledge and discover the world with fresh eyes and see that there is beauty in everything
Old 03-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver
Stop believing in religions and start to believe in yourself. You are loved and will always be loved by the cosmos that you are a part of. Embrace life in any way you see fit and know in your heart that there is no one but yourself that has the authority to judge you. Hell is a state of mind and only if you submit to it will it have power over you. Set yourself free from past knowledge and discover the world with fresh eyes and see that there is beauty in everything

This seems lovely advice.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Master
Quote:
I want to believe in something that makes me happy, but what if its wrong and Christianity is the truth but it doesnt make me happy??

I live each day in total fear, I know my personal views on religion and God but I feel as if i have been brainwashed and I will never get back to my old happiness and views.

Im only 18 years old, my life should just be starting, the ONLY belief that would make me happy would be good people get rewarded with Heaven.

No hell fire, no new age teachings, no only one path to God, none of that makes me happy.
Here is a fact that fundamentalists miss.
The Bible clearly states that humanity is a fallen situation.
We are all in the same boat here. That Jesus, also, as prophesied, atoned for the sins of all.
All we need to do is believe and accept, and try to do as best we can.
Saved means rescued. Grace means unmerited favor, according to Webster. And this is a reason for Joy, which the Lord intends.

donnn1, perhaps you might want to share why you claim to be 18, and yet, your profile states you are in fact, 43.

?

Some people like to pose under different names and characters on various forums, and the around the internet.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 11-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
We are all in the same boat here. That Jesus, also, as prophesied, atoned for the sins of all.
Saved means rescued.

Why you think this is okay to write is beyond me. Why not write your own words and why not make them words of love instead of fear.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Master
Comfort

Quote:
Why you think this is okay to write is beyond me. Why not write your own words and why not make them words of love instead of fear.

The statement is about comfort, love, and peace. Explain where you see a message of fear in it.

Quote:
Here is a fact that fundamentalists miss.
Saved means rescued. Grace means unmerited favor, according to Webster. And this is a reason for Joy, which the Lord intends.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 11-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
The statement is about comfort, love, and peace. Explain where you see a message of fear in it.
I see no fear in Morphie's post either.

I know that some Bible verses in the past that are quoted
are, though..but not these.
Maybe you were thinking of those?
I hate those fear based quotes, also.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Quagmire

I see fear in the words of the bible (I also see love where Jesus shines through). I see a lot of love in you Morpheus that shines like a sun and would love to see your heart express your own words instead of those in the bible.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Master
Words of Love, Bible

Quote:
I see fear in the words of the bible (I also see love where Jesus shines through). I see a lot of love in you Morpheus that shines like a sun and would love to see your heart express your own words instead of those in the bible.

Well, those were my own words, about the Bible.
So, ?

Now, here are words of love, within the Bible, by St. Paul, who we find was a "near death Experiencer".
Dying, and returning.

"1If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am become sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal.
2And if I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3And if I bestow all my goods to feed the poor , and if I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profiteth me nothing.

4Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not its own, is not provoked, taketh not account of evil;
6rejoiceth not in unrighteousness, but rejoiceth with the truth;
7beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. 8Love never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall be done away; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall be done away.
9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part;
10but when that which is perfect is come, that which is in part shall be done away.
11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things.
12For now we see in a mirror, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know fully even as also I was fully known.

13But now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love.