Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 12:52 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

The problem I have with that argument is why does not God say other things exist or are real. Things which are equally God.
Such as LOVE EXISTs, LOVE is REAL or YOU EXIST, YOU are REAL etc.
He just did!!! "God" speaks through us, God IS us.. therein lies the contradiction that confuses.. "God" is a singularity made up of infinite manifestations of that singularity.. deep in our psyches, deeply ingrained by social convention is the notion of separateness.. it is easy to elaborate on the inherent Unity of Life, it is much more difficult to "know" and Live that truth.. notice how language inspires the notion of separateness.. we say "god" as if it is a separate being, we speak of YOU, ME, them, us, etc.. creating the underlying notions of distinct differences.. when, in fact, the differences are only in appearance.. as i may have said elsewhere, we are like snowflakes.. unique patterns of exactly the same stuff.. This is the Divine Dichotomy, we are both the individual expression AND the Whole.. separated only by our awareness or lack thereof..

As necessary to keep the self-discovery game in play, the One conceals the physical manifestations from direct knowing.. otherwise the game is up and the One's quest for self-awareness is diminished.. As a singularity, the One has no feed-back mechanisms, no mirrors, no companions, just a singular existence in the void.. by the supreme act of Love, it scatters itself into the void seeking to know itself through interacting with itself's myriads of physical manifestations.. in keeping with the notion of "God", it would then be appropriate to consider that we are.. "God being God".. as a singularity, there can only be One thought.. I AM, with nothing else to consider.. it was a great leap of consciousness to add the One word catalyst that sets this cycle of existence in motion.. "What"AM I?.. the rest, as they say, is history..

Physical existence as human beings has layers of veils that disguise the direct link to the One Unified Whole.. that link IS attainable, but appropriately disguised.. it keeps us in the game of self-discovery.. every experience is "God" speaking to us, through us and back to itself.. not unlike our own mental chatter.. fragments of pure awareness inspire the game and fuel the quest for further self-discovery.. A brilliantly conceived process..

There is no Good/Bad or right/wrong.. there are only consequences and our arbitrary labels of desirability.. because, ultimately, regardless of our interpretations, ALL experiences are part of the Cosmic evolution, of "God's" self-discovery.. and, as the supreme consciousness, "God" truly wants to know "What AM I".. not manipulated through preference or desires, but the Truth of its existence..

As always, the above represents only my personal understandings of things.. that understanding is subject to change based on new or revised evidence..

Be well..

Last edited by TzuJanLi : 07-12-2006 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:02 PM
dreamer

Hey Tzujanli,

I love your posts - it is true, we are all the one.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Master
To Know I AM or to only know I AM is a shame; why? Because there is more to the One than just I AM. The trick or trap that lies within God is that selfishness takes one away from God not towards Him. If God was only I AM then he might trip over Himself by starting to believe He is selfish; that He should do His own will and sing His own song. The Truth is that God is selfless and therefore sings Gods song and does Gods will, NOT therefore (and by definition) His own, but Gods.
To me it seems that I can either do my will OR Gods. Again I can either sing my song OR Gods song.
The story of the Bible (and other stories along the same line/and evidence from human history) shows that those who sing their OWN song, and not Gods eventually end up falling from Grace and rebelling against God i.e. Satan/Hitler/Stalin/Sauron etc. etc.
'I AM' is misleading in that someone like Hitler or Satan can interpret it to mean: do your OWN will, sing your OWN song. Which of course they did and therefore caused untold Evil and damage.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:30 AM
Master
SO! If God is ONLY I Am then he has no choice but to sing about Himself and do His Own will.
BUT if God is more or greater than I Am the he is free to sing about everything or anything and to do more than His own will.

In other words God is Greater than a limiting definition such as I AM

Old 08-12-2006, 12:43 PM
dreamer

God is everything IMHO . .
Old 08-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Monkey

You have either not read my earlier post or ignoring it. Your use of I AM is faulty, please read my post and consider what I have said.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
You have either not read my earlier post or ignoring it. Your use of I AM is faulty, please read my post and consider what I have said.

Hi Monkey,

I'm not ignoring your post, but it is the faulty use of the term I AM that worries me. The fact is that it CAN be misinterpreted. Your understanding of the term is fine but that does not mean that everybodies is.
People such as Hitler/Stalin must have known of the definition of God as I AM and they were autocratic leaders of oppressive and totalitarian states.
Lucifer (should he exist) obviously misinterpreted God too.
I think that many unenlightened people do misinterpret God; hence the political/religious beliefs of the Far Right. If God was interpreted as defineless or all definitions, instead of I AM, these misinterpretations of God would be less possible.
'Survival Of The Fittest' and 'Command And Conquer' the 'Supremacy Of The Strong','Might Is Right' are ALL interpretations of I AM.
It pays to know what the ignorant are thinking!!!

Regards, Honza.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:53 AM
Enlightener

Honza,

The statement I AM is intended to be a selfless, universal description of the self. It relates to the Id, the void, it is a statement of pure being.
I am=I am; I am thus I am.
Now, if you say I AM and put something after it e.g. I AM happy, you will become happy, in the instant, this is the only way the universe knows how to work, it is the easiest way to bring yourself what you desire.
Make I AM statements about what you desire and you will get that. That is how the universe works; it brings you what you desire, that is why it was created.

Honza said: "To me it seems that I can either do my will OR Gods. Again I can either sing my song OR Gods song"

Your will and God's will are one and the same, when you are doing your will you are doing God's will, for he gave you free will and will never take that away from you. You and God sing the same song, you are playing the same melodies, this is because God is All, and he is You.
Even if you are following the path of God, so to speak, you are still doing your will and thus God's will.
Basically, God's Will is your Will. What you want for you is what God wants for you, and you can't ever seperate that.

Enlightener
Old 12-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Master
Hi Enlightener,

The language of the universe is pretty simple and is akin to its science.
I Am Happy is perfectly understandable and the Universe corresponds accordingly.
However the Universe is not stupid and it understands 'You are happy', 'We are happy', 'God is happy', 'One is happy' etc. etc. And the point is that because of Universal UNITY one is not talking about someone else with those words, one is still talking about oneself. They are all different aspects of oneself; the I, You, We, One, and God. They are different dimensions of the same being.
To say I AM this or I AM that is working along or within the same dimension of I AM. The YOU and WE and GOD are different dimensions but not a different person (if you see what I mean).
The trouble with I AM is that conciet, pride, vanity, arrogance, selfishness are all I AM too; maybe too much I AM. And don't forget one can say I AM superior, I AM better (than you), I AM absolute control, I AM absolute power or even I AM Evil etc. The science of I AM can be abused.
Therefore I say one can moderate the 'autocracy' and 'egocentricity' of I AM with YOU, WE etc. and still be talking about the pure presence of God.

I hope you see what I am trying to say.

Regards, Jan.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:16 PM
dreamer

Hey Jan, maybe it all comes down to the intent of the person saying I am. I am curious as to how anyone grasping the concept of oneness or unity can be arrogant though. I can see that someone not fully grasping it might display these traits, but if you believe the universe to be a manifestation of yourself how can one be arrogant? Its like standing in front of a mirror and thinking I am better than my reflection?
Closed Thread