Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Closed Thread

Old 13-01-2006, 12:28 PM
sashwah

I agree with Barbara Glad, a mentor would be good. I started going to a spiritualist churche's development group, nothing really halppened. I joined a paranormal investigation team and i began to understand what was happening, what was what so to speak. I did this blindly and i would not recommend it. I soon learned how to protect myself though.. believe me!! Although I wouldn't recommend this method of learning, but what it did do was put me together with a really lovely lady who is in the group, who is also psychic, well, she's a medium actually. We make a very good team and learn so much from each other.. from reactions to seeing the same things, whatever. I feel we were put together to help each other on our quest.
I don't necessarily predict the future although i can often see how things will pan out, i mainly communicate with spirit.
Good luck with it Glad, it's a wonderful journey once you learn not to be afraid. i've never felt so whole since i stopped questioning myself and although i'm only really at the beginning of my journey ( i've just turned 35... got all my silliness out of the way! lol) i can see a future for the first time ever. I feel blessed.

Love and light to you both xx
Old 13-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Barbara With

I'd rather create the future than predict it

I'm with you, Sashwah, the state of intuition is a tool to use to create beautiful futures for ourselves and our children's children. One of my associates always said, "I don't care if we are channeling the Easter Bunny, I have finally found peace." I allow spirits to find me and lead me places to deliver messages, that's still one of my favorite experiences in life (as opposed to a John Edward type of communication initiated with the living) and I love thinking I can talk to Einstein. In the end we are merely the sum of the love we give, no matter what we believe!
Old 15-01-2006, 01:40 PM
glad

Love that last post of yours Barbara, beautifully put, without taking oneself too seriously.
Sashwah, how did you ever get rid of your silliness by the time you were 35, I'm a lot more than that and it's still there. Possibly getting even stronger, maybe 2nd childhood, HaHaHaaaa.

I have to say, I love the thought of having a mentor, or a friend who is like minded, but at the moment that is not possible. I live in the country and my nearest town would not support anything of this nature, so I have no-where to go to meet anyone. Can't even talk about my experiences, as people I know would think my head was cut.

Thing is, I've had a lovely new experience and, I destroyed it.
Every night, after I say my prayers, I always say, "Thank you for being with me today Angel, and goodnight". You see I had read somewhere that you should always thank your Angel, and not being sure if I had one, (I've never had any tangible reason to believe an Angel was around me), but Just in case, I say that sentence, parrot fashion nightly, have done for the last yr or so.
Well 2 nights ago, after having gone throught my nightly ritual, I felt a caress, form the front of my hair all the way down to the nape of my neck. I sort of froze, and I lay there thinking, what on earth was that?
Then it happened again, this beautiful, gentle caress, the full lenght of my hair, and what did I do, I said out loud, Oh please don't, that's a bit scarey, and that was it, no more, I just went to sleep.
Now you really will think I need help, but it was not like hair standing on end or a creepy feeling, it was as I said an unmistakeable beautiful long caress, and it stopped when I asked.
Do I apologise, or have I frightened whatever it was off?
Would love your thoughts on this. Please don't think I'm mad, my feet are firmly on the ground, these peculiar things only started happening after I did 2nd level Reiki, don't know if that opened something up for me or what.
Old 15-01-2006, 04:54 PM
glad

Barbara, sorry :oops: I had forgotten you asked me whereabouts I was.
I'm in N. Ireland.
Old 15-01-2006, 05:42 PM
sashwah

You most certainly did not destroy it!!! Honestly, that was a little bit of confirmation for you that your prayers are being heard. It scared you a little so you said stop. They will always respect your wishes, they do not want to frighten you. Everything always plays out the way it should to my mind. That happened and now your on here discussing it with us... If it were a negative energy, it most certainly would not have been stroking you gently. It would have made you feel ill, disorientated or very drained. It would not have been a pleasant experience. What you have to realise is that these entities really exist, and they are here for your benefit. Test them next time you need a parking space in a place that is notoriously difficult to park. I have been pleasantly surprised every time i do that. When you feel ready just ask them to do the same thing again, for your confirmation, they will oblige. They want you to believe in thme. They will only give to you what you can deal with. The rest is up to you. It is a scarey thing, surrendering your trust to the universe/spirit/god.. whatever is your ideal. It's all the same to me.
Barbara.. i haven't entirely rid myself of silliness, but the unhealthy kind. I have been in some lonely places. Now i have seen the light!!! Quite literally. I appreciate what i have and i now know that i am not a basket case.. which is nice..! but that there is a higher purpose to life. I'm glad to have survived that particular kind of silliness. In fact if anything, i am sillier now than i have ever been. I feel free for the first time... they say to be childlike is to be god like... it's the childishness you need to avoid. There is a difference!!! lol! I have two young girls, aged 3 and 5, they are the same age apart a my sister and i. So they are mirrors. It has been the most enlightening experience i have had to date. It makes you understand so much more about yourself and in turn your parents. There is a saying that you can forgive your children anything but not your parents. Since i read that, it has changed my life in a way. It is true!! They keep me at my mental age which is probably 12! :)
Old 15-01-2006, 10:33 PM
glad

Sashwah, do you know where that saying originated?
I repeated it to my sister tonight, it is so true, and she agreed with me.
Our parents are both dead. Now I don't mean that in a poor wee orphan type thing, I am just stating a fact.
Thing is, I know one should not speak ill of the dead, but we have, and that disturbs me.
When I look at it in that context, (One can forgive ones children anything, and our parents nothing
), that is so true. It is also so unfair, especially to the parents, who most probably don't deserve it.

Thank you for that, I will think what use I will put it to in the future, but I know I must use it . I have probably been unfair, and if I have, I will try and put that right.

I think that you two are making me think a lot more than I ever did before. Hey, I could turn into one of those people who think too much, and do too little, (perish the thought).
Old 16-01-2006, 04:23 PM
sashwah

Hello Glad, I'm sorry for the pain you have endured and that loss must be hard. Knowing what i do about spirit tells me they already know and understand how you feel and why. They already understand what you are going through.
Both of my parents are still alive, and i have plenty of very big issues with them. They have no idea the pain they have caused me, but they will one day. There is nothing i can do to make them become the parent's i want them to be and to make my childhood a particularly happy one. When they pass into spirit, they will know and they will see that i had already forgiven them. You have to use the past to change the future. Anger is a good emotion, but only if you use it in a positive way. Anger doesn't have to be destructive, if it makes you pro active, it has then become productive.
Something else i realised too while studying my relationship with my parents, they were behaving the way they were in reaction to their own lives. If their behaviour was so bad... what had they been taught? How had they been brought up? What secret things happened to them too? You just don't know do you? Forgiving then was probably the hardest thing i've ever done, but i had to to move on. It's not like i don't have any regrets, it's just i don't feel so angry anymore.

I think the quote came from a book called eastern body, western mind. It is a study of the psychology of the chakras. I will try and find it so i can tell you who said it. It takes a while to sink in, but if you apply it everytime you feel negative towards them, it will change the way you feel.

I think too much.... lol!! No, really! I have to shut myself down with crystals and meditation to be able to go to sleep, otherwise i'm having conversations all night long in my head. I can solve the mysteries of the universe like that... but then i have black bin liners under my eyes..!!

Anytime xxxx
Old 16-01-2006, 04:36 PM
sashwah

I found a similar quote while looking for the other one.....

"Children begin by loving their parents; After a time they judge them; Rarely, if ever, do they forgive them."

Oscar Wilde.
Old 18-01-2006, 09:29 PM
glad

I do agree with you Sashwah that we are a product of our upbringing, but only to a certain extent.
See, as an adult I think I should take resonsibility for my own actions and, (as far as I'm capable), for my own thoughts as well. It's as they say, forgiving is easy, forgetting takes a bit longer, but I'm working on it.

Right I'm determined when I go to bed tonight, I will say how comforting that caress was and see what happens. Probably nothing, but I won't know unless I try. Will keep you posted as to the outcome.

Bless you for your kind words, it meant a lot.

Love&Peace, Glad
Old 19-01-2006, 11:36 AM
sashwah

You're absolutely right Glad, the moment you realise that you are responsible for the things that happen to you and how you feel, the sooner you can heal. I take full responsability for my actions, i have evwen found myself taking responsability fot others actions too... you have to find the balance. It isn't an easy road but it's the best one. I'm not too far down it now but i feel better than i did before. Understanding that anger is sadness made me see things differently. I am not an angry person any more. I feel happier about myself than i ever have.
We will get there in the end Glad, i have faith in that. Your also very welcome, it makes me happy to know i have made even a small difference to someone.

keep me posted hon xx
Closed Thread