Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 21-08-2017, 01:47 PM
Knower
Solar eclipse today 21 Aug

Total Solar eclipse today.

Great time for sadhana. Doing mantras and introspection. Bad time for starting new worldly things.

From David Frawley facebook:

Quote:
For the upcoming solar eclipse, we recommend the Paramjyoti mantra or mantra to the supreme light - Om Hreem Hamsa Soham Swaha!
This eclipse is a powerful time for Yoga sadhana and to energize mantras. Use it wisely.
If we don't use the eclipse for sadhana, the negative energy of the eclipse can disturb our psyche, as well as the collective mind.
The current eclipse is particularly dangerous for the United States, as the main path is passing through it. We should try to bring a higher consciousness into the world, which remains mired in ignorance and illusion in spite its high tech developments.

It's actually eclipse season now as we are in the between the recent fullmoon eclipse 14 days ago and the solar eclipse today. Good for sadhana...
Old 22-08-2017, 05:23 AM
Master
Namaste.

Awesome! I started doing Hatha Yoga again yesterday...now, to get over the extreme fatigue doing it creates.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 23-08-2017, 04:57 PM
Knower
Nice...doing some Hatha yoga.

For myself it have been a heavy summer with sickness and trauma in family culminating with the eclipse here. The eclipse is taking place in sidereal Leo 4 degrees. My rising sign is actually Leo, the eclipse should be more quite potent trigger for me...

I did also step up the Hatha yoga practice lately.

In lack of cardivascular exercise I decided to uplevel the repetitions of surya namaskar (salutations to the sun) in order to get an aeorobic effect as well.

Meditations during eclipse weeks have been deep and long. Using some recent hard experiences in personal life to getting more real about what's important in the ephemeral changing life. Turning within to the source of it all. The unchanging core that is there forever....always has....
Old 23-08-2017, 08:53 PM
Master
I'm sorry to read of the sickness and trauma in your family. =(

My sun sign is actually Leo, so I wonder if that has any direct bearing?

I have a Capricorn rising.

Iti Sivam
Old 24-08-2017, 09:26 AM
Knower
It could affect you more if your sun is in leo.
It depends on the actual location of the sun, if in
western astrology or vedic.

Are your western sun sign leo and capricorn ?
Old 24-08-2017, 09:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
It could affect you more if your sun is in leo.
It depends on the actual location of the sun, if in
western astrology or vedic.

Are your western sun sign leo and capricorn ?
Yeah, according to western astrology this is the case. I forget what I am in jyotisha, but Cancer IIRC. It's usually the one before...
Old 24-08-2017, 12:35 PM
Knower
Yes that's interesting...

With a western capricorn ascendant rising sign, the likehood that your vedic ascending sign is sagittarius is likely. As you say in Jyotish it is usually the sign before the western sign.

The sagittarius is the sign of religion, teachings and philosophy.

Then the leo eclipse would most probably take place in the 9th house of your vedic astrological chart. The 9th house could be about religion teachings and teachers.

I saw an earlier post from you were you described being affected by a Guru now.
Old 24-08-2017, 12:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
Yes that's interesting...

With a western capricorn ascendant rising sign, the likehood that your vedic ascending sign is sagittarius is likely. As you say in Jyotish it is usually the sign before the western sign.

The sagittarius is the sign of religion, teachings and philosophy.

Then the leo eclipse would most probably take place in the 9th house of your vedic astrological chart. The 9th house could be about religion teachings and teachers.

I saw an earlier post from you were you described being affected by a Guru now.

Yes, although I haven't fully got into his teachings yet, but if I ever were to have a Guru it would be him....definitely! I need to make more of a connection to this and I guess the distance between Australia and India and having a Guru 'over there' is what's stopping me from taking it any further than I have.

Yes, the 9th house is also ruled by Jupiter and Jupiter is the 'guru planet'.

I still face north when I meditate though for obvious reasons.