Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 15-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Ciqala

what could this be?

A sighting that i would like some input on:

The setting was in the country. I had horrible insomnia back in the day, and would take long walks in the wilderness, circling the whole neighbourhood with my dog, we took the dirt road to the start of the paved Bruce Road.

Once on the start of Bruce Road, the first thing that happened was my dog halted in front of me, pressed against my legs disallowing me to move further, i payed attention to her body language, and knew there was something near and stopped to listen to all the sounds of wind, the echoes of my own footsteps, the loud sounds of wilderness, crickets, frogs, i was good at tracking and wilderness survival i was listening for threats.

In a matter of seconds, our whole surroundings became deafeningly silent! Like something around was making an effect of silence, not like everything had stopped it's tracks. It was like my ears had popped, I could hear nothing!
Sounds of the environment all around came to a halt, i thought i had actually gone deaf, so i called out to my dog and i couldn't even hear my own voice, it was like this silence was loud, i grabbed her by the collar, because i had the sense something was going to happen, like being in the middle of a storm or something.
In a matter of seconds i instinctively glanced into the sky, and i saw this yellow tinted white orb of light streak down towards us like a flash. But for some reason, i was not afraid. Usually i am a quick thinker, and impulsively react, but this happened really fast, and i was transfixed, just standing there.
In another matter of seconds this light disappeared. Many more seconds went by, because i had enough time to think to myself, how odd it was that someone would be having fireworks at 3 in the morning in the country, and how much it really did not seem like fireworks, because there was no sound effect afterwards. For a good 20 seconds or so, i was convinced it was just fire works.

I was completely out of it and confused by this time, so it took me a while to realize that it had suddenly become day light in a matter of seconds! The night miraculously faded into pure light. The whole area, down the road, the mountain tops, as far as i could see, lit up with a brighter light than the sun, this amazing white flash which stayed on for about 20 seconds and then finally dimmed, it was brighter than fluorescent, i could see every tiny detail on the ground in front of me, i even stared at my hands. Then it was black again.
I was extremely puzzled, and a huge crashing sound got my attention bringing me back as I was then standing in pitch black, and blinded by the light. The crashing sound landed no more than 50 feet away from me, in the woods, i could hear the branches break. At this point all sound was back too, and everything in nature resumed it's sounds. The thing that crashed into the bush only sounded like it must have been around 15 feet wide, so it wasn't big. I was about to go investigate the sound, and suddenly my dog was back to her hyper and happy self like nothing had happened. She did not seem threatened or afraid at all, so i thought everything was okay.
But then, i heard something from that direction stomping in my direction, hopping loudly (exactly what a deer sounds like as it jumps in the woods around here). But the deer is the thing that got me to run so fast back to my house. i began thinking about aliens and such, and the deer heading my way was the ticket. At least whatever it was sounded just like a deer. It must have been startled by what had crashed in there.

I could swear this whole sighting and event occurred very fast, but it was like i was moving in slow motion and lost track of time, yet i am sure this all happened in under a few minutes.

I asked all around the neighbourhood, and no one witnessed what i saw, no one saw that huge flash of light which was impossible not to see, of course most people were probably asleep at that time. I also asked around to find explanations, asking the neighbours around that area if they had been letting off fireworks, but no one had. People were interested, but not interested enough to help me out with my investigation. My dad encouraged me to go inspect the crime scene by myself, i did not complete my search as the remembrance of possible monsters and aliens (deers) freaked me out, so i was not able to find anything, and it's a big forest, not that i would have known what to look for back then.
Could that have been a meteor, or what? It was an amazing sighting, and i would be amazed to know what it was. Has anyone else seen anything like this?
Old 10-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Master
have you gone to the area in daylight to investigate?