Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Master
If you pray...

'Jesus said to them, "If you fast, you will give rise to sin for yourselves; and if you pray, you will be condemned.'

This seems to go against other Christian teachings regarding praying, I am thinking.... is Jesus talking about our ' ego ' and not accepting things the way they are ?
Old 08-11-2017, 01:52 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
'Jesus said to them, "If you fast, you will give rise to sin for yourselves; and if you pray, you will be condemned.' This seems to go against other Christian teachings regarding praying, I am thinking.... is Jesus talking about our ' ego ' and not accepting things the way they are ?

what book did you get this verse from? because there NO book in the bible called Thomas. and that wouldn't have ben something Jesus would have said. considering he also "FAST " for 40days! (Matt. 4:1,2 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted there by the devil. For forty days and forty nights he fasted and became very hungry). Jesus NEVER sinned!

and it was Jesus who taught us how to pray, and WHO... to pray to! (Matt. 6:9 In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name). which means by the way, to make your name "holy" or "sacred." if it's not from the bible, then it wasn't acknowledge from Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3), or Jesus. because it would be in total contradiction of what Jesus said.

on that note i won't even try to say what it suppose to have meant. since that's not what Jesus taught. also i would then be answering from my own belief and not by accurate understanding or knowledge, (Pro. 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding). which would be bad ,(Pro. 16:25 There is a way that seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death
). peace
Old 08-11-2017, 02:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
what book did you get this verse from? because there NO book in the bible called Thomas. and that wouldn't have ben something Jesus would have said. considering he also "FAST " for 40days! (Matt. 4:1,2 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted there by the devil. For forty days and forty nights he fasted and became very hungry). Jesus NEVER sinned!

and it was Jesus who taught us how to pray, and WHO... to pray to! (Matt. 6:9 In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name). which means by the way, to make your name "holy" or "sacred." if it's not from the bible, then it wasn't acknowledge from Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3), or Jesus. because it would be in total contradiction of what Jesus said.

on that note i won't even try to say what it suppose to have meant. since that's not what Jesus taught. also i would then be answering from my own belief and not by accurate understanding or knowledge, (Pro. 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding). which would be bad ,(Pro. 16:25 There is a way that seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death
). peace

It's from the Gospel of Thomas. I forgot to post this, it' s verse 14.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:53 PM
Master
yes i no,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 08-11-2017, 04:24 PM
Suspended
Anyone can write any type of gospel book. But as long it's not currently using to teach the Christian in Churches, so it's not accepted one way or another. Especially it's not accepted what's written in this Thomas's book. And it seems to me, it adds no special knowledge to Christianity.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
yes i no,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The Gospel of Thomas is lovely Jo
Old 08-11-2017, 05:01 PM
Guide

Quote:
'Jesus said to them, "If you fast, you will give rise to sin for yourselves; and if you pray, you will be condemned.'

This seems to go against other Christian teachings regarding praying, I am thinking.... is Jesus talking about our ' ego ' and not accepting things the way they are ?

Jesus was referring to the 12 HE SENT the HOLY SPIRIT too ~!! Not the rest who have not yet received the Holy Spirit, so the Rule of ONE is different then the Rule of man (sleeping/ego) . You will understand when the Holy Spirit AWAKENS inside your Consciousness and you experience a SHIFT via GRACE , and the Ecstatic Joy which comes in that instant ........ you no longer need SACRIFICE anything ,.. for there IS NO DISTANCE between you and the Divine anymore. Your dream of a miserable World has come to an end ....... this teaching Jesus gave them AFTER His Resurrection ( His own AWAKENING of Holy Spirit) ...... before that moment ..... different rules as it was not yet all BRIDGED ~
Old 08-11-2017, 05:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Eagle
Jesus was referring to the 12 HE SENT the HOLY SPIRIT too ~!! Not the rest who have not yet received the Holy Spirit, so the Rule of ONE is different then the Rule of man (sleeping/ego) . You will understand when the Holy Spirit AWAKENS inside your Consciousness and you experience a SHIFT via GRACE , and the Ecstatic Joy which comes in that instant ........ you no longer need SACRIFICE anything ,.. for there IS NO DISTANCE between you and the Divine anymore. Your dream of a miserable World has come to an end ....... this teaching Jesus gave them AFTER His Resurrection ( His own AWAKENING of Holy Spirit) ...... before that moment ..... different rules as it was not yet all BRIDGED ~

I don't think it refers to the holy spirit but I don't really know 100%.
It seems to be about our ego but I'm still thinking on it
Old 08-11-2017, 05:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Anyone can write any type of gospel book. But as long it's not currently using to teach the Christian in Churches, so it's not accepted one way or another. Especially it's not accepted what's written in this Thomas's book. And it seems to me, it adds no special knowledge to Christianity.

Of course it adds knowledge Jeremy, they are all about Jesus.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:46 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Of course it adds knowledge Jeremy, they are all about Jesus.

Sky,

So with your quote from Thomas's book: 'Jesus said to them, "If you fast, you will give rise to sin for yourselves; and if you pray, you will be condemned.' Can you explain to us, what value or knowledge it gives to human?

Christians mostly done both of them. And since the crucify of Jesus will cross will perish all the sin of people who believe him. Then I think that's the knowledge and values that we should care about.