Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 05-10-2017, 05:49 AM
Master
Lenormand question

I picked up two cards to get guidance on what I must know now, and I picked

The snake and fox

It's kind of scary, given snake can mean duplicitous creature, at least from what the booklet says. And fox is cunning, judging from the picture it wants to take, destroy harvest, harm the animals and kill. I think I am being advised to tread carefully, and not to trust at this time easily.

Anyone have additional insights or interpretation of this ?

Thank you
Old 06-10-2017, 01:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelic star
I picked up two cards to get guidance on what I must know now, and I picked

The snake and fox

It's kind of scary, given snake can mean duplicitous creature, at least from what the booklet says. And fox is cunning, judging from the picture it wants to take, destroy harvest, harm the animals and kill. I think I am being advised to tread carefully, and not to trust at this time easily.

Anyone have additional insights or interpretation of this ?

Thank you

Immediately the thought came to me "it takes one to know one". Someone that you don't particular like or trust, or who has previously shown to be untrustworthy, may try to warn you of another person who you see as quite charming and nice. It's not always the "obvious" red flags which give something away. Sometimes we can get quite enamoured with something or someone, only to find out later on down the track, that things weren't all they seemed. You may find it a mistake to ignore the advice from a person, whose advice you wouldn't normally put any stock in, as this person's advice may be worth listening to.

I've literally only started working with these cards today, so don't put too much stock into my ramblings. Just some other things to think about
Old 06-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Master
I also struggle with these cards at times, even after a number of years of Lenormand.
I've found they're often not saying what the booklet / default descriptions say, like lying, cheating, another woman etc etc.
The Snake is more obvious than the Fox, Fox is more hidden. That means Snake is easier to avoid too, as you can spot it. The mask is off with Snake, it is on with Fox.
Snake also isn't as smart and cunning as Fox, they can say or do hurtful things. If there are lies, they are obvious. If lies aren't obvious, it's Fox telling you this.
Since Snake is also about looks, it can be you hide yourself behind that.
I also see Snake in this deck as not being able to get to where you want to go: The Garden of Eden, the apples are ripe, but the Snake stops you from getting there.
I always feel Snake is a short-term thing. I mean, it may lash out unexpectedly and then slither off again. Whereas Fox can be -and likely is- more long-term, it's deeper. Like fear of commitment, fear of dropping your masks etc. That's not stuff that'll go anytime soon.
In this deck, I also feel the Fox is shying away from the Rooster on the fence. Masculine, authority.

Look at what stands out to you in the pictures with regard to your question.
If it's the rooster, then maybe advice is to not slip into fear when you come across an authority figure.
If the rooster doesn't stand out to you, advice may be to not hide your deeper insecurities behind a more blunt outside and/or sharp tongue. In other words: don't be afraid to show your vulnerable side, don't shy away from it.

Maybe any of this resonates or triggers your intuition.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.
Immediately the thought came to me "it takes one to know one". Someone that you don't particular like or trust, or who has previously shown to be untrustworthy, may try to warn you of another person who you see as quite charming and nice. It's not always the "obvious" red flags which give something away. Sometimes we can get quite enamoured with something or someone, only to find out later on down the track, that things weren't all they seemed. You may find it a mistake to ignore the advice from a person, whose advice you wouldn't normally put any stock in, as this person's advice may be worth listening to.

I've literally only started working with these cards today, so don't put too much stock into my ramblings. Just some other things to think about

Hi Pandora,

Thank you, there is only one obvious person in my life who represents these things, and everyone has warned me against it. I have taken all of their advises as it is something I have witnessed too. Yes someone is not all they seem, and it hard to escape the trick of the appearance, but I am mostly being thrown into it. In my mental emotional being, I am separate from it, but circumstances, and spiritually speaking I do feel the presence of the person, and it hard to shake it off, when something not quite pleasant is around and you have to deal with it.

Thanks for the responses, it makes sense.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I also struggle with these cards at times, even after a number of years of Lenormand.
I've found they're often not saying what the booklet / default descriptions say, like lying, cheating, another woman etc etc.
The Snake is more obvious than the Fox, Fox is more hidden. That means Snake is easier to avoid too, as you can spot it. The mask is off with Snake, it is on with Fox.
Snake also isn't as smart and cunning as Fox, they can say or do hurtful things. If there are lies, they are obvious. If lies aren't obvious, it's Fox telling you this.
Since Snake is also about looks, it can be you hide yourself behind that.
I also see Snake in this deck as not being able to get to where you want to go: The Garden of Eden, the apples are ripe, but the Snake stops you from getting there.
I always feel Snake is a short-term thing. I mean, it may lash out unexpectedly and then slither off again. Whereas Fox can be -and likely is- more long-term, it's deeper. Like fear of commitment, fear of dropping your masks etc. That's not stuff that'll go anytime soon.
In this deck, I also feel the Fox is shying away from the Rooster on the fence. Masculine, authority.

Look at what stands out to you in the pictures with regard to your question.
If it's the rooster, then maybe advice is to not slip into fear when you come across an authority figure.
If the rooster doesn't stand out to you, advice may be to not hide your deeper insecurities behind a more blunt outside and/or sharp tongue. In other words: don't be afraid to show your vulnerable side, don't shy away from it.

Maybe any of this resonates or triggers your intuition.

You are right, the snake can just sting and then slither away, it's easy to spot, and the fox is more sly tedious and can be hidden.
That's a good one, there is a need to separate the two of this, the sanke and the fox, the snake being the obvious intention someone holds and fox being more sly hidden about it.
Authority and masculine energy does stand out, someone who does things for power and control and will not have it any other way, it's about the male ego, male pride. And now they are sneaky about it since they have been caught in a way. So the fox in the picture clearly represents that to me, some sort of a coward, but someone you cannot under estimate regardless.
You are right, I need to feel okay by letting my guard down a bit, being more vulnerable at this time, but your interpretation also does make sense, someone is indeed shying away, so I can be more secured and embrace myself now.

Thank you for the response, I very much appreciate it.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:10 PM
Seeker
I take a more traditional approach where the cards are literal.

What you need to know right now:

Snake + Fox. Treachery at the workplace.

Someone is stabbing you in the back at work, so watch out.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire cat pickles
I take a more traditional approach where the cards are literal.

What you need to know right now:

Snake + Fox. Treachery at the workplace.

Someone is stabbing you in the back at work, so watch out.

The snake has slithered away and the fox has become the soft kitty now :P The cards sometimes engage and scare us more than is necessary , the lenormand did the same for me. My situation is different now than was a month ago. Thank you for trying
Old 11-11-2017, 04:20 PM
Master
i luv art on thm i do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 11-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
i luv art on thm i do

Right lol, I luv art on thm 2 I really am building an affinity for snakes and all thing vicious lately