Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 12-11-2017, 12:53 AM
Newbie ;)
Guide
How Jesus would have read tarot

I've been studying the bible a lot, and I came up with a good idea on how to read tarot:

It's based on Jesus' words to the jewish priests that they have the devil as their father, and his words in Matthew 5:13: “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot."

With this background I pulled out card IV The Emperor and card XIII The Devil and started to do readings with just 76 cards. That's two numbers in the basket.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:31 AM
Master
Interesting. Emperor and Devil together, could be like orthodox, intolerant authority or established norms that disconnect one from source. Like God is not going to 'punish' us for human based theories. Corruption, the elites corrupting the masses for control, power tradition.
I think I am going to try what you did too. Thanks for sharing
Old 12-11-2017, 02:10 AM
Deactivated Account

Wow, very interesting to study with Bible. I have my bible shelved with my tarot

Interesting the pulls. Two polarizing archetypyes.Dominance and authority come to mind, and with The Devil I can’t help but to think of Saturns influence (or if it was a strong influence planetary wise the way Saturn was present with WW1)

Also Reminds me of how monarchies were notorious in using the Bible to implement law and authority, even at the cost of mass genocide and inquisitions
Old 12-11-2017, 03:43 AM
Master
Saturn usually is feared in many traditions. If Saturn is a strong influence it leads one to spiritual truth. With strong saturnine influence, people develop a lot of tolerance and discipline when it is channeled for a higher purpose. It restricts but ultimately puts one on a higher spiritual ground.
With weak Saturn influence, it could lead to spiritual disaster, chaos, and it might bestow all material comforts but will not lend peace.
Saturn can mean existential crisis, spiritual crisis but it's bigger than just the trigger. In vedic astrology the sade sate or seven and half year Saturn influence is just that. It can be one of those intense periods in a person's life when they are tested in every possible way. It is actually a lot more powerful than the Saturn return in western system of astrology, because it's impact lasts longer. But ultimately it leads one to deeper spiritual understanding and vigorous realizations regardless of the tests.
Saturn demands patience and discipline, but it does not tolerate hypocrisy, unlike religious bigotry.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelic star
Saturn usually is feared in many traditions. If Saturn is a strong influence it leads one to spiritual truth. With strong saturnine influence, people develop a lot of tolerance and discipline when it is channeled for a higher purpose. It restricts but ultimately puts one on a higher spiritual ground.
With weak Saturn influence, it could lead to spiritual disaster, chaos, and it might bestow all material comforts but will not lend peace.
Saturn can mean existential crisis, spiritual crisis but it's bigger than just the trigger. In vedic astrology the sade sate or seven and half year Saturn influence is just that. It can be one of those intense periods in a person's life when they are tested in every possible way. It is actually a lot more powerful than the Saturn return in western system of astrology, because it's impact lasts longer. But ultimately it leads one to deeper spiritual understanding and vigorous realizations regardless of the tests.
Saturn demands patience and discipline, but it does not tolerate hypocrisy, unlike religious bigotry.

I read through your post, and came upon you mention a seven and a half year Saturn influence in regard to Vedic systems, in a comparison with the Western Saturn Return.

May I ask, What is Saturn influencing within the Vedic system in regards to the seven and a half year?

That is to explain, where in the Western system, Saturn Return is in regards to Saturn returning to the degree, house, and sign it originally had been in at birth.

What is Saturn in regards to within the Vedic system, for a year and a half?

I ask because you have sparked my interest in this information, or so to say sparked an interest in understanding the Vedic system.

As to Tarot along with the Bible, I use a different type of divination with books. Opening a book to a page, in regards to divination, a random page. I have practiced this form, but no never used the bible and tarot in unison.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:17 AM
Deactivated Account

Fantastic insight, Angelic Star. My Sign is ruled by Saturn so I know of this energy all too well, but you did a good job explaining it in your own words and I can definitely see how the Devil Card would have shown itself using that assessment.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:24 AM
Newbie ;)
Guide
Thank you for wonderful feedback everyone. I was afraid I was going to get resistance, but this time I guess I had something interesting to say.

I've studied astrology since 1991 and I know very well of Saturn. I have mine in Pisces in 12th house - and yes - I've been in both prison and mental hospital.

After I posted this thread and a reading in norwegian on Facebook - I started to hear the spirits and we had so much fun tonight. I sit alone and listens and partly control it. As Liz Greene says it in "Saturn - a new look at an old devil" my situation is not insanity - it just seems like that for those with less developed and over-grounded souls.

I wish I was well and could do good things for people. Yes, I know. Amor Fati (Love your destiny).

On the positive side, I don't have to work, I have what I need and I have an unike and fun life on the inside.

I thank God for all my blessings, and after I've bought what I need for the week - I give the rest of the money to a christian orphanage in India - knowing I had problems with Saturn in earlier lives - and I know how much one could use help.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
I read through your post, and came upon you mention a seven and a half year Saturn influence in regard to Vedic systems, in a comparison with the Western Saturn Return.

May I ask, What is Saturn influencing within the Vedic system in regards to the seven and a half year?

That is to explain, where in the Western system, Saturn Return is in regards to Saturn returning to the degree, house, and sign it originally had been in at birth.

What is Saturn in regards to within the Vedic system, for a year and a half?

I ask because you have sparked my interest in this information, or so to say sparked an interest in understanding the Vedic system.

As to Tarot along with the Bible, I use a different type of divination with books. Opening a book to a page, in regards to divination, a random page. I have practiced this form, but no never used the bible and tarot in unison.

In vedic astrology Saturn stays in one 'rasi' or sign for a period of two and half years. It takes it about thirty years to move across all 12 rashis. When it reaches the 12 th house for the second time , it is known as sade sate. It affects the the house before it and after it, hence it moves across 3 houses for a period of 7 and half years, 2 and half years each sign.
Sade sate starts when saturn enters the 12th sign from where the birth moon.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:14 PM
Master
yep
got me thingn u hav

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔