Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 29-07-2019, 03:53 AM
Knower
Allow your mind to say and think the way it will, only don’t identify with it. Allow your body to do what it must, but do not react to it. Everything will happen of its own accord. When you allow your mind to think of its own accord, the thoughts begin to dissipate, and soon you have empty mind. Empty mind is consciousness, realization. That’s all you have to do - have empty mind. But as long as you believe, ‘I am the doer’, and you force yourself to have an empty mind, you never will, because the forcing makes the mind stronger. Rather, observe your thoughts, watch the mind thinking, and leave it alone. Do not identify with your thoughts, or with your body, for in reality there is no body and there are no thoughts, for there is only the Self, and you are that.

Robert Adams
Old 29-07-2019, 07:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara5
Not the physical heart (organ), but the spiritual heart - hridaya(Center of being).

So, what's the solution, then?

Yep, I know that you were not inferring the physical heart .

What I am saying is that concluding that I am has nothing to do with the body is a mental / intellectual exercise it's not something realized .

You are mixing up the head and the heart because you want it to fit in with your paradigm and with your portrayal of Adams.

Do you understand that coming to conclusions about reality and about oneself requires mental / intellectual relations, even if one recites poetry or declares all is Love?

In regards to both of us singing from a different hymn sheet, we will probably both run out of hymns shortly lol .

I am not sure that there has been any headway while you continue to see through rose coloured spectacles.

You seem to think that you can have nothing to do with this body or this world, be unattached, unconditioned and function without entertaining any form of self identity.

This is so way off base it's borderline bonkers .. :)

I have tried to explain the differences between mindful conclusions and realizations, direct knowings and realizations but no-one wants to admit to them.

This is because of the devotion and peeps only want to see what their beliefs allow. It is very difficult to let these restraints go because it in a way shapes their reality.

My mums fella's mum (bit of a tongue twister I know) preached the bible to him and his bro and sister all his life, made him go to sunday school, join a church choir and she made his life a living hell.

60 years later she saw through the bible and gave the church up. She never said sorry to her children for what she put them through.

I have seen what false beliefs do to people and it never ends well, the greater you hold on to false concepts the greater the disappointment.

x dazzle x
Old 29-07-2019, 07:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara5
Do you have white teeth and healthy gums?

Aww.....So Cute

Many spiritual teachings regard the body as a temple . There is unity in all aspects of self on a mind-body-spirit-soul level / experience.

I am a healer at heart and I work on many others and I work on myself .

I do so because I understand the relationship between what I am and the mind-body-spirit-soul experience .

Now if you supposedly believe that you have nothing to do with the body then you would not do anything bodily related .

Can you tell me that Adams went about his business in regards to life experience unkept and naked and didn't eat or drink?

He was married and had two children, how can a non self identified individual that has nothing to do with the body and the world entertain a marriage lol .

Do you understand the nature of self identification in order to function in this world?

Do you know that in order to identify with your own children and wife you need to identify with yourself.

To suggest that you have nothing to do with this world or this body but still groom the body, get married, have sex, have children, drink beer and eat pizza then there is a serious level of confusion and denial present .

It's no good talking about the absence of self identity while engaging in it .

To even relate to having no self identity is a form of self identity. Can you see this. Can you see why it's bonkers.. Can you see that at a point believing these types of concepts will do more harm than good.

At a point all christians will put down the bible.

x dazzler x
Old 29-07-2019, 03:54 PM
Master
"The only burden you have ever had is your mind." ~ Robert Adams
Old 29-07-2019, 03:55 PM
Master
"The only way you will ever awaken is through silence, not through analyzation of facts. Not by sorting out good and bad, but through simple silence, letting go. Letting go of all thoughts, all the hurts, all the dogmas and concepts. Letting go of these things daily." ~ Robert Adams
Old 29-07-2019, 04:23 PM
Master
YOU ARE THE SILENCE. THE SILENCE OF THE HEART.

Always ask yourself, ‘Why am I here?’ It is always good to ask yourself this. I don’t mean, why are you in the universe? Why are you here in this room, in this class, at ‘satsang’?
What do you want? What are you looking for?

You Are Spirit

Remember, if you are looking for any-thing, you are here for the wrong reason. For there is nothing that I can give you really, that you haven’t already got. There is absolutely I can do for you for I am not the doer. Neither are you.

You are already fulfilled. Everything I have is yours. There is absolutely nothing lacking in you. You are Spirit. You are not the body that appears to be a body. You are Spirit. Something absolutely different than what you can ever imagine. Everything that you can ever imagine, that you want to be, YOU ALREADY ARE.

You are the Imperishable SELF that has always been, that you always will be. Beyond birth, beyond death, beyond experiences, beyond doubts, beyond opinions. Beyond whatever it is your body is going through, whatever thoughts your mind thinks. YOU are beyond that.

You are the Silence. The Silence of the Heart. Know your SELF. Whenever you think of yourself, think of your-self as the SELF. Not the I Thought. Not the personal self, but as the Supreme Energy. Sat Chit Ananda. Nirvana. You are That. If you really believed you are That, you would be in total peace. There would be no- thing in this world that can ever disturb you. You would have no doubts. You would have Unalloyed Happiness, total joy. It would make no difference what your body is going through, or what thoughts come into your mind. Or what people are doing, or are not doing, who is right, who is wrong, who is enlightened, who is not. You would never think of things like this.

When you think you are human, you have duality to contend with. Right and wrong, healthy or sick, rich or poor, happy or sad, and the rest of it. But, when you have transcended this, you see yourself in a completely different light.

YOU Are the Light That Shineth in the Darkness

You see your SELF as the light. The Light that Shineth in the darkness. The Eternal Glow that can never diminish. Omnipresence, All Pervading. YOU are that One. YOU have always been that One. You are not what you think you are when you are sad. When you are angry. When you are upset. This is a lie. There is something within you that knows the Truth. That is the Truth. You are That.

Source: 'Silence of the Heart'
Robert Adams
Old 29-07-2019, 04:39 PM
Master
You are realization itself. It is your real nature.

The reason I’m sharing these five steps with you is because the five steps are part of the personal self.

The ego, the I-thought, the five steps are involved in them.

When we work on the five steps in the relative world we become ourselves, awakened and free.

The first step is: Prayer and devotion.
The second step is: Effortless No-Thought State.
The third step is: Division of Light and Sound.
The fourth step is: The Void, and,
The fifth step is: Bliss.

We’ll begin with the first step.

In the beginning when one first starts out on the path and even when one is on the path for quite a while, prayer and meditation or prayer and devotion are very important.

You become devoted to God who is within you and you pray to God within yourself.

You must therefore begin to totally surrender, give up everything to God, forget about your troubles, forget about the world, just give it up.

~Robert Adams – T98: The Five Steps To Self Realization
Old 29-07-2019, 06:58 PM
ImthatIm

Just thought I would add a link to a series of satsangs of Robert Adams
if anyone is interested in it.(Over 3.5 thousand pages)

https://www.academia.edu/7410648/Rob...ms_Transcripts

[Five steps to Self realization] starts on page 1799 not 1762 like the table of contents says.
Old 30-07-2019, 03:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Just thought I would add a link to a series of satsangs of Robert Adams
if anyone is interested in it.(Over 3.5 thousand pages)

https://www.academia.edu/7410648/Rob...ms_Transcripts

[Five steps to Self realization] starts on page 1799 not 1762 like the table of contents says.

Thanks!

Old 30-07-2019, 07:14 AM
Knower
[quote=God-Like]
What I am saying is that concluding that I am has nothing to do with the body is a mental / intellectual exercise it's not something realized .

You are mixing up the head and the heart because you want it to fit in with your paradigm and with your portrayal of Adams.

Do you understand that coming to conclusions about reality and about oneself requires mental / intellectual relations, even if one recites poetry or declares all is Love?

Our mind is finite...it either exists in the past or in the future...Now you tell me, can a limited mind understand Limitless...?

No, the mind can't understand this phenomenon...mind evaporates that time

In regards to both of us singing from a different hymn sheet, we will probably both run out of hymns shortly lol .

In that case, sing from the same ( same means non-duality) hymn sheet, and the Truth will set you free

I am not sure that there has been any headway while you continue to see through rose coloured spectacles.

I don't wear rose-tinted-glasses....i see the Truth without the barrier of the Rose-coloured-Spectacles, just as it is....

You seem to think that you can have nothing to do with this body or this world, be unattached, unconditioned and function without entertaining any form of self identity.

This is so way off base it's borderline bonkers .. :)

Of course, I know this is my-body.....Have a profound respect for this body...I honor her, I listen to her, I LOVE this body....But, i don't IDENTIFY with this body...

And, there is a huge difference between LOVE and just being ATTACHED....

I have tried to explain the differences between mindful conclusions and realizations, direct knowings and realizations but no-one wants to admit to them.

This is because of the devotion and peeps only want to see what their beliefs allow. It is very difficult to let these restraints go because it in a way shapes their reality.

There is Nothing Wrong with Devotion....There are four main paths to salvation : Bhakti Yoga (devotion/love) is one of the only and easiest yogic paths to enlightenment.

My mums fella's mum (bit of a tongue twister I know) preached the bible to him and his bro and sister all his life, made him go to sunday school, join a church choir and she made his life a living hell.

60 years later she saw through the bible and gave the church up. She never said sorry to her children for what she put them through.

I have seen what false beliefs do to people and it never ends well, the greater you hold on to false concepts the greater the disappointment.
x dazzle

Believing is not Trusting...Trust is not Faith...Trust is inner-flowering..
I trust Ramana/Robert (unconditionally)...Coz I trust my Knowing ...