Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Discordia

Comas or NDES with just darkness?

I am really scared of the thought of my loved ones not existing anymore and really want to beleieve in life after death, lately though I
have been hearing about a lot of cases were people see nothing when they are in a coma or near death and even some people saying that they were trapped in nothingness and this really scares me....it frightens me that my loved ones are now no more and it frightens me that my memories and accomplisments are now nothing. I was just wondering if perhaps some people just forget about their NDEs or do cases like this prove that NDEs are hallucinations?
Old 23-10-2012, 11:36 PM
TheBest12x

There is no proof that nde does exist or not. The problem is that most scientist only think in the scientific way without even thinking about a afterworld. In science a human is only represented by his brain ( electric impulses). The bigger problem is that there is no evidence to not think so because when you change sth on the brain the human behave differently. Hardcore science also tell you that you dont have a free will and that your behaviour and acts are a calculation of past informations.When im sad, It think to myself "The whole world that I know is basicly a creation of electrical impulses and I dont have to be sad about eletrical Impulses".

Maybe if the Many-Worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics is true your loved ones will exists in one of the infinitive amount of other dimensions but not in your one..
Old 24-10-2012, 01:49 AM
Master
Discordia... There are dimensions in the universe that are like a void, dark and comforting, as I have experienced in meditation. Some folks in coma or after death may spend some time there, but it's not a final end point.

If someone is experiencing only darkness... still the one who is experiencing that is still there. See what I mean?

We don't end with physical death, in fact it's a new beginning. You might want to explore NDE stories for yourself, and make up your own mind about it. This is a good resource: http://NDEF.org

Xan

Old 24-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Henri77

Also, there's no guarantee a soul-consciousness will necessarily leave the body while in coma... or a NDE.

I haven't heard about this, but there's not a lot of interest in blackness experiences... while the others are what get attention.

If they experience nothing, they still obviously exist... just as if you temporarily put on a blindfold & ear plugs.

this is an excellent film exploring the NDE and similar subjects
Infinity the Ultimate Trip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whv7HDqDLEs
(full 90 min film)

Old 24-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Ascender
Here are some sites for you to read about NDEs, Discordia:

http://www.iands.org/publications/jo...h-studies.html

http://iands.org/nde-stories.html

Or if you want a book to read, then there is "The Big Book of Near-Death Experiences" by P.M.H. A****er (Google it or check on Amazon).

The above should give you plenty of material. Hope that helps.
Old 24-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Suspended
Hi Discordia

If you really want to believe in life after death, then do so. What is stopping you?

You can read stuff, as others have posted, to strengthen your belief.

Or you can live in balance. It's up to you.

It's always been up to you.
Old 24-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Quagmire

Maybe it is like dreaming: some remember(/comprehend) their dream experiences on a consciouss level when they wake up, others do not. For myself I remember a lot of past lives and spending time in the place I go inbetween those human lives of mine. I clearly remember going through a wormhole coming to another place after I died in my last life.
Old 24-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator
In the course of my adult life I had a number of experiences (of a mediumistic nature) which kept trying to show me there is life after death. I won't list them all, and bore you to tears, but one of them even included my deceased partner (who, before he died said "If there is existence after death, I will find a way to show you.")
And months later, there he came, telling me something -warning me of some event (not terribly traumatic but bothersome) -that I could NOT have possibly known about at that time. He told me a couple of other things too.
Each of these "mediumistic" experiences provided me with ample evidence that life goes on. Each one of them told me things I did not know and couldn't possibly have known, subconsciously or otherwise. I listened, I thought "oh maybe it's true then?"
But what did I do? I made up complicated rationalizations about them, thinking they were NOT evidence, they could have had other explanations -unknown to me -
And so it went on. I kept being hard headed. Nothing really could get through to convince me for certain.
It took my dog to show me, this year, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that there is life after death. My dog! No-one and nothing else could ever get through to me!

As for "darkness / nothingness".... don't we all experience a little of that every night when we go to sleep? We almost always have periods of sleep where there appears to be nothing (deep sleep) and nothing appears to have happened because we were very deep under at the time. But that is far from the truth.
Old 24-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Administrator
Hey Discordia

I can assure you there is no death only a continuation of life i am a medium and i was born seeing and hearing spirit,i have given messages to a few ppl whose loved one was in a comma,they are not in darkness at all they hover between worlds,of the physical and the spiritual, they see and can hear what goes on,but because they cant communicate ppl think they cant hear,that is a misconception its wrong because they do know.your soul lives on and it goes to the spirit world where there is no pain,if you are ill when you pass you are healed,and that goes for ppl who pass through a traums also, your loved ones can see you and you can even ask them to visit you in your dreams, i have had NDE and its anything but darkness,so where you saw or where told anything different,they dont know what they are talking about,

Namaste
Old 27-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Toolite

Anyone who experience darkness I would suggest they make changes moving forward. When you pass in flesh even for a brief time there should be a light. If there is just darkness and you are brought back then most individuals make changes in their life.