Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-05-2018, 06:25 PM
Experiencer
New age is a satanic deception

I used to roll my eyes before when I heard such things.

I haven't written on this forum for longer than half a year and this I believe now will most probably be my last post here.

I know many of you are aware of many things on the Internet explaining what new age is and how it is satanic and how the only true saviour is Jesus. More and more people are coming out with testimonials of being ex new agers who are now Christians on youtube and so on. In such cases no one is asking for any money, like almost all new age practitioners ask, but they are simply saying a message to help others. Some of the videos if you search for them are made with fear so they look kind of ridiculous, but some are truly honest.

My story is the same. I was open to all religions, believes and I didn't want to judge anyone. I was also unhappy and searching for some answers in spirituality and for the truth. New age and this forum helped me in many ways and I learned a lot, but the truth is, the more I was in it, the worse I felt. It was a vicious circle of energy work, astral projections, paying money to healers to connect to higher self so I could ascend and so on.

I believed people in the new age movement were helping me and I believed I was helping others doing the same and spreading the movement. Until I realized we were all in a form of an occult practices no matter how good intentions we had and how full of light and amazing our experiences seemed. This sounds like a conspiracy, because it is.

I know people who were deeply in the new age for many decades and then came to this realization. Some of them left his forum too after thousands of posts written here. Even this forum and the internet is full of information how meditation, kundalini yoga, OBE and other practices can be very dangerous and cause or worsen mental illness, but people still go for it. People also warned them what new age is, but they just refuse to believe in Jesus. Instead, they believe in Christ spirit or consciousness or something like that. I was the same. Some of my friends still are. They seem happy. Serious problems usually arise when you want out from it, especially if you were very dedicated in it.

I'm still not judging anyone who believe in something other than me. I'm not trying to convert anyone. I'm still very much into science and I don't go to church because it has almost nothing to do with faith. What is needed is to truly call and let God in your heart. There are many warnings like this all over the Internet so my post is just a drop in a ocean. Even my difficult path lead me to Jesus in the end. Everyone has free will to choose their path, but before you do, please do the research and educate yourself. So it important if only one person reads this and stops to think about it. I've never read Bible until recently and I found all the answers I was searching for there and much more. It can save someone much time, energy and suffering in a long run. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited by lilith : 14-05-2018 at 07:12 AM.
Old 14-05-2018, 01:01 AM
Master
Yep....

I think at one point I believed highly in a type of universal spirituality...

I started with Native American beliefs...

Come to find out?

Most people are not but a Sham.

I think I need to make a health decision...

Keep my **** beliefs to myself....
Old 14-05-2018, 01:39 AM
Master
There is a reason why the "occult" is called the "occult". It means 'hidden' and 'sacred' and should not be publicised, advertised, or pretty much not even mentioned. It is a deep, personal path and journey that isn't for everyone..and it is like walking on the edge of a razor.

What we see in the popular media, online, in New Age books and such, isn't really the Arcanum...It has nothing to do with the Hermetic teachings...It is like spiritual Mc Donald's, which may taste good (if you like that sort of thing), but it is full of 'filler' and empty calories and it has been mass marketed and produced to serve the Western palate...leaving many dissatisfied "customers" in its wake, looking for something more.

Calling something "Satanic" usually means it is either against Scriptures, or "I don't know why this is bad, but it just is" or "I disagree with it" take your pick...I wouldn't say that it is Satanic, but superficial... shallow... unrealistic..."opiate for the masses"...most definitely.

Stuff like "Heaven's Gate"...now that is Satanic...
Old 14-05-2018, 03:04 AM
Master
Yes. Christ answered me in my time of darkness. Which is more than any of the New Age practices and teachings ever did. The New Age taught me one fundamental thing - that the "I" is holy and should not be scoffed at. So I learnt to treat myself with respect due to New Age teachings. But it was Christ who filled me with my own sense of self - when I was lost.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 14-05-2018, 10:55 AM
Master

I recon the New Age gets some stuff right, its understandable it happened as a reaction to bone-dry religion sucking the life out of us. It's just plunging wildly into the spiritual is a dangerous game
it's good to know that even outside of Christian legalistic teachings people just freely turn to Christ if they get in trouble and find he is there willing to help
fundamentally Christianity is about God descending to us, not us ascending through our own work. it's pretty ancient in that regard, I've grown to love that about it!
Old 14-05-2018, 11:25 AM
Master
Well personally as Satan Incarnated, I never much cared for Jesus.

I never really asked for his help, oddly enough, despite countless times I've been in dire need of it. Essentially I did not truly believe Jesus would ever do anything for me, lest alone save me until one night I found myself semi-lucid in the middle of a total nightmare. A tormenting nightmare of being tormented by voices of the demonic.

In fear within my mind, semi-lucid in my dream, I called out first and foremost God please help me... god please... help me. Nothing yet. And then semi-aware of my thoughts and words I tried it. I tried something I Never Before Even Bothered To Try. I actively thought of Jesus, and gave myself an idea. I decided if Jesus truly existed I would call on him for help, and actually Mean It. I decided if he even Existed he would. So in mind I called out in desperation "Jesus if you exist. Would you "Curse word" help me".

Amazingly enough I was answered within my mind by a very bright light within my mind's eye. And I was no longer afraid such was the presence of this light.

To date one of my favorite "Dreams".

I never much cared for Jesus.

Until I found I needed him.

And he came. He didn't just leave me, like everything else.

In honesty. I don't think anything else could have done it. Not meditation... not kundalini.... or any other new agey generic topic of discussion. Half aware in a nightmare only semi-lucid I had no hope to meditate.

I did have the ability to muster the words within my mind to call out to Jesus for assistance, seems childish it is only a nightmare for God sake.... but I do not believe others here can quite grasp the level of fear I sometimes go through, I do not feel others understand just how terrifying my nightmares are..

I've never done that before. I never asked Jesus for help before this dream.

Only God. And not really about material things, or God please bring me a new coat type prayers.

I try to call on God when needed.
Old 14-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Well personally as Satan Incarnated, I never much cared for Jesus.

I never really asked for his help, oddly enough, despite countless times I've been in dire need of it. Essentially I did not truly believe Jesus would ever do anything for me, lest alone save me until one night I found myself semi-lucid in the middle of a total nightmare. A tormenting nightmare of being tormented by voices of the demonic.

In fear within my mind, semi-lucid in my dream, I called out first and foremost God please help me... god please... help me. Nothing yet. And then semi-aware of my thoughts and words I tried it. I tried something I Never Before Even Bothered To Try. I actively thought of Jesus, and gave myself an idea. I decided if Jesus truly existed I would call on him for help, and actually Mean It. I decided if he even Existed he would. So in mind I called out in desperation "Jesus if you exist. Would you "Curse word" help me".

Amazingly enough I was answered within my mind by a very bright light within my mind's eye. And I was no longer afraid such was the presence of this light.

To date one of my favorite "Dreams".

I never much cared for Jesus.

Until I found I needed him.

And he came. He didn't just leave me, like everything else.

In honesty. I don't think anything else could have done it. Not meditation... not kundalini.... or any other new agey generic topic of discussion. Half aware in a nightmare only semi-lucid I had no hope to meditate.

I did have the ability to muster the words within my mind to call out to Jesus for assistance, seems childish it is only a nightmare for God sake.... but I do not believe others here can quite grasp the level of fear I sometimes go through, I do not feel others understand just how terrifying my nightmares are..

I've never done that before. I never asked Jesus for help before this dream.

Only God. And not really about material things, or God please bring me a new coat type prayers.

I try to call on God when needed.

Great story and I can relate....I had my own torment when I decided I could not deal with it anymore so I started praying(A praying Atheist ).I used prayer as a kind of a mantra just to fill my mind with something else but what I was really doing was bringing/inviting God into my mind.
He came and stayed there and then began to move around my body cleaning up all the Emotions that had been abandoned by me.

He then moved to my Heart and is there right now.I feel it always

I had some dreams last week that should have been nightmares,they were end of the world type dreams/end of my life but the scary part just wasnt scary.I was fine with death in my dreams and in waking life too.
Old 14-05-2018, 01:08 PM
Master
When I was in a completely dark place, I had the thought "Jesus is the name associated with light par excellence", and in that moment light came back. Once a while ago I was very miserable and I asked Jesus to help and suddenly I felt utterly at peace.

I was always anti-Jesus growing up, but twice I have experienced something very powerful when I was in need, and my appreciation of Jesus is growing very strongly.

Like a previous poster, I think it's pretty cool that some people are finding Jesus on their own terms, not on the churches terms, this is something special and very powerful, and something I'm happy to be a part of, the neo-Christians maybe :)
Old 14-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
When I was in a completely dark place, I had the thought "Jesus is the name associated with light par excellence", and in that moment light came back. Once a while ago I was very miserable and I asked Jesus to help and suddenly I felt utterly at peace.

I was always anti-Jesus growing up, but twice I have experienced something very powerful when I was in need, and my appreciation of Jesus is growing very strongly.

Like a previous poster, I think it's pretty cool that some people are finding Jesus on their own terms, not on the churches terms, this is something special and very powerful, and something I'm happy to be a part of, the neo-Christians maybe :)

I think the church brought fear into the teachings of Jesus but that fear is not there for many anymore and it's allowing Jesus to "Do his thing"

Fear puts up a barrier thats hard to penetrate but surrender drops the barrier
Old 14-05-2018, 01:41 PM
Master
What is the "New Age Movement""?
The term was coined by those who tried to stop an awakening that started in the 60th. And they were partially successful, at least they delayed it by about 30 years. This happened to almost all teachings, perhaps to a lesser degree to those who kept their teaching secret, (occult). All other teaching were turned into some kind of organizations, like churches, were the masses could be fed falsities. What we know now as 'New Age"in not any different. The difficulty today is, to find the core teaching, and it does not matter which one it is, Jesus, Buddha, Tao, Kabbalah they all have the potential to guide you to the next level.