Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 26-05-2018, 05:55 PM
Seeker

Do we control our dreams?

For the longest time (decades) I have had dreams of violent acts done by myself or simply witnessed, rapes, murders, fights, crimes of all heinous kinds. Since I remember at least one dream most nights, those nightmares were disturbing to say the least and put a negative spin on the start of each new day. Recently I began to say mental prayers asking to have beautiful dreams of rainbows, puppy dogs playing, innocent laughter, and heart nourishing happenings and my dreams I remember now are not violent, still somewhat weird, but lacking all the malevolence. Did I change my dreams or did another entity/force answer my prayers? I feel like another entity changed my reality and that that wasn't going to happen until I asked for better.
Old 26-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Master
dependss it can
yes we can it tims
no coz sum tims dreams can controll us thy can

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 26-05-2018, 07:48 PM
Experiencer

I don't know, dude, but it's worth a shot.

So I'm putting it out there right now.

:in my best Lawrence Welk voice:

Anna-one, anna-two, anna...

Dearest Benevolent Entity Whom Is the Antithesis to Freddy Kruger,

Please help me to have more positive, productive dreams. Please help me to learn how to control my dreams and have lucid dreams. Please help me to learn how to astral project at will eventually as well. Please help me to have dreams where I can do the spiritual practices I have learned so I can connect better to my teachers and spiritual friends, and thus dedicate the merits from these practices to all beings so they may benefit from them. Please also teach me how to heal myself and others in my dreams. I'd also like to learn other marvelous new things that right now I may not possibly even be aware of asking for. And it would be nice, too, to have some more connected, loving experiences as well in these dreams that I can keep bringing with me into waking life and, thus, share with everyone I come in contact with.

Thanks and spanks,
Torgo
Old 27-05-2018, 02:12 PM
Yaoughta

You can "influence" your dreams and "create" dream subject matter by your thoughts, your focus and your attention. You can also gain control of a dream by waking up within the dream and reaching a higher level of lucidity or awareness. However, you're only as in control as you think you are as there is nothing really to control. If you wish to create a dream subject, think about and focus on something you wish to have dreams about. Do it throughout the day, but especially before going to bed.
Old 27-05-2018, 04:22 PM
Knower
I think we do, however the control can happen in different ways from different sources. This is just my opinion: I believe that some dreams are a product of our mental and emotional state. For example, your dreams of violence could be initiated by stress, anger at something or someone, anxiety, etc in your waking life. Then your dreams would have violent themes, as a way for your brain to work things out or express those emotions. It could also be your brain or consciousness drawing your attention to something you need to work on (IE: needing to work on whatever is causing you stress).

Then, I believe, there are dreams produced by your conscious or higher self (your soul). These dreams would have certain symbols or spirit guides trying to point out something of importance to you. The dreams would feel very realistic, colorful and sometimes emotional (visits with deceased loved ones, lucid dreaming, etc.).

You mentioned that you set your intentions on having happy dreams and it worked. This could be a combination of your mental state (setting your intentions by thinking of pleasant themes) and your guides or higher self pointing out that you have the power to 'take control'.

I apologize for the long winded reply. I hope this makes sense.
Old 27-05-2018, 04:24 PM
Master
i no food we hav can get us dreams weid or bizzarr it can sum tims thy can controll it t it can
i no mintss canddyy gets me dreamin weidd it duz

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 01-06-2018, 12:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esconced
For the longest time (decades) I have had dreams of violent acts done by myself or simply witnessed, rapes, murders, fights, crimes of all heinous kinds. Since I remember at least one dream most nights, those nightmares were disturbing to say the least and put a negative spin on the start of each new day. Recently I began to say mental prayers asking to have beautiful dreams of rainbows, puppy dogs playing, innocent laughter, and heart nourishing happenings and my dreams I remember now are not violent, still somewhat weird, but lacking all the malevolence. Did I change my dreams or did another entity/force answer my prayers? I feel like another entity changed my reality and that that wasn't going to happen until I asked for better.
i'm glad that you've found a way to bring about positive changes.
i don't know that your disturbing dreams had actually provided you with a
"negative spin on the start of each new day", since your resolve to live life
in a pleasing manner may have been strengthened through that contrast.
i'm doubtful that the "control factor" was from yourself or some other entity
exclusively... it may be 'co-creative' process involving cooperating energies.
i believe that you can exert control over your intentions, and choose to not
participate in ways that go contrary to your intent.