Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-03-2018, 12:56 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
They were put there by the action of A.

B's beliefs were instilled way before A said his piece. A's action likely triggered a response in B to react in such a way, but the two aren't interconnected, IMO
Old 30-03-2018, 01:05 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
So I'm not that brain science savvy. But would your explanation imply that we have a choice in what comes to our conscious awareness?

Because in that case I would agree.
Exactly that choice would be called(by me anyway) free will.
And it would allow for the ability to change your behavior based on what you would allow to come to conscious awareness.

With Love
Eelco

Not sure we have a choice about what initially comes into our conscious awareness because it would take conscious awareness to make a choice. It's when it arrives there that we have choice.

I'm thinking that in response to a social stimulus the brain amasses data/info to present to the conscious mind. Its plasticity would draw from the most frequently used/learned/recent relevant experience to facilitate a response. Once entering the conscious (about 1/3 of a second at most) secondary computing comes into play, bringing other possibilities that allow strategy and choice to guide a response. That seems where free will first appears. Your brain keeps you safe first and if ok grants you your free will.

You know the person for instance but don’t entirely trust them so your past experiences of them or things you’ve heard and remembered modulate your response. In the first instance it could be “oh, he’s ok,” but a few milliseconds later the “ah, but….” arises.

All fronted by the usual withdraw/approach check in case there’s danger. That person you know and like(d) has an angry face and makes a fist and the preparation for your response would be different long before the conscious got hold of it. It’s a feature that’s been with organic life since the beginning and still there in the human brain.

It's about timing and process. Stimulus---> safe? yes ----> cognition: do I recognise? yes, get some data--->** conscious mind ---what can I do about it? ---> more data.
**takes between 1/10 to 1/3 of a second to reach this point.

However, here comes the usual disclaimer. I'm not a neuroscientist, just an interested observer trying to understand the workings of spirituality where that's possible!
Feel free to put me right if need be.
Old 30-03-2018, 01:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Not sure we have a choice about what initially comes into our conscious awareness because it would take conscious awareness to make a choice. It's when it arrives there that we have choice.

I'm thinking that in response to a social stimulus the brain amasses data/info to present to the conscious mind. Its plasticity would draw from the most frequently used/learned/recent relevant experience to facilitate a response. Once entering the conscious (about 1/3 of a second at most) secondary computing comes into play, bringing other possibilities that allow strategy and choice to guide a response. That seems where free will first appears. Your brain keeps you safe first and if ok grants you your free will.

You know the person for instance but don’t entirely trust them so your past experiences of them or things you’ve heard and remembered modulate your response. In the first instance it could be “oh, he’s ok,” but a few milliseconds later the “ah, but….” arises.

All fronted by the usual withdraw/approach check in case there’s danger. That person you know and like(d) has an angry face and makes a fist and the preparation for your response would be different long before the conscious got hold of it. It’s a feature that’s been with organic life since the beginning and still there in the human brain.

It's about timing and process. Stimulus---> safe? yes ----> cognition: do I recognise? yes, get some data--->** conscious mind ---what can I do about it? ---> more data.
**takes between 1/10 to 1/3 of a second to reach this point.

However, here comes the usual disclaimer. I'm not a neuroscientist, just an interested observer trying to understand the workings of spirituality where that's possible!
Feel free to put me right if need be.

I'm pretty sure Einstein said the formula is:

#can I mate with it ---> me likee
#can I eat it --->yummy
#can I kill it ---> ha ha ha

then

#does it want my milkshake?
#does it want my buns?
# is it going to squish me?

I'm sure it was him or the wheel chair guy.

(Another Simpsons reference)

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 31-03-2018, 07:24 AM
boshy b. good

Quote:
Originally Posted by boshy b. good
--here's the problem. we like
drama, conflict, and problems.
--here's the solution. we like
thus kept both in check real
well. called normal pondering
more often. as check point
here's the problem. we like
here's the solution that we all
can really truly always handle.
we are be civic about drama,
conflict, and problems

m. m. that's for war

Quote:
thank god. gracias a la
gente de buen corazon

Last edited by boshy b. good : 31-03-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:31 PM
boshy b. good

Quote:
--here's the problem. we like
--here's the solution. we like
thus kept both in check real
well. called normal pondering
more often. as check point
so what's the deal? doesn't up
provide even so. yes. yes up
provides. i have got a theory
that up above changes a fix
of about what is said and yes
made different for all the sake
of above's saveds

so what is the deal? don't we like us as us. yes. yes we do.
we are be counting on the arms of ok and alright, but ok
is and be common and alright happens when we are be
settled down or and settled on. there is and be no bad
that is and be not a good teacher. imagine people only
feel bad from a without, alike attained babys, so, we must
learn to toughen at toughen and feel sky high good about
that and it's sweeter results. tough as we learned to live
on oasises and that there are be plenty of caring people,
and that you are be a caring people gets you what you
want
m m. we amen that, up.

b. : how is it.