Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-08-2017, 07:00 AM
sakredkow

The Church of the Lotus Mind of Christ

Hi namaste!

The Church of the Lotus Mind of Christ (COTLMOC) was founded by me.

I was raised Catholic in Sydney Australia and my mother was a yoga teacher. That produced an eclectic spirituality from an early age. I went to university majoring in Sanskrit at the Australian National University Canberra.

The COTLMOC is my mission to spread love and forgiveness as humanity's quintessential existential purpose.

love to all!
namaste I bow to you.
Old 27-08-2017, 02:18 PM
sakredkow

COTLMOC as mentioned is an eclectic blend of Christianity and yoga. Following yogic vows such as brahmacarya (celibacy and shunning homosexuality) avoiding meat-eating (no meat fish eggs and dairy (unless produced cruelty-free)) no gambling and no intoxication (no alcohol/tobacco/drugs and avoiding caffeine) and using this mantra:

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare

one can attain a state of samadhi or pure consciousness where one exists in a state of awareness of love forgiveness and kindness to every living thing.

namaste aum shanti!
Old 28-08-2017, 03:53 AM
sakredkow

The Church of the Lotus Mind of Christ continued

namaste i bow to you!

the Self is distinct from the flesh. Consciousness is the only real substance within our experience. Original sin has resulted in the Self being covered by 24 elements of prakriti (matter) that include the mind and ego. Due to that original sin which was an erroneous desire to be God the individual finds themselves on the wheel of samsara. That wheel of samsara has four spokes which are birth, death, old-age and disease. The Self which is essentially pure consciousness undergoes a karmic fuelled ride on that wheel of samsara practically ad infinitum driven by desire which is hinged on myriad attempts at happiness the individual pursues within a temporary world where true felicity is unachievable.

Avidya (ignorance) keeps the pure self covered and it is only by removal of that avidya can pure consciousness be attained. At that point one understands some crucial ontological axioms such as the purpose of this phenomenal world, who is God, and what is one's existential purpose when the only inevitable thing is death.

aum shanti _/|\_
Old 28-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Suspended
Hi sakredkow,

I read your posts and find that what's in the context is only Buddhism or Hinduism but nothing of Christianity. Am I right?
Old 29-08-2017, 03:17 AM
sakredkow

Hi Jeremy

Yoga doesn't admit the soul to be Hindu Muslim Christian Jewish Buddhist Agnostic et al. Throughout human history humanity has devised religions when in the beginning only yoga existed. It is simply "dharma" or the way.

The Christian influence of the COTLMOC is we understand Christ is the Messiah the chosen one. But he isn't the only one and at any given moment we are given the opportunity to meet with the Messiah in his physical incarnation. Guruji is the current incarnation. We must learn to recognise what to look for in the Chosen One. Is he free from lust anger greed pride avarice etc? Is he beyond sensual experience and desire? Does he have the ability to purge sins? All these are harbingers that God has sent us our saviour.

Namaste I bow to you.
Old 29-08-2017, 02:09 PM
sakredkow

Namaste

The Self is as mentioned the only permanent thing. Flesh will return to dust as will the attachments the flesh accrues throughout a lifetime including material possessions and family members. The Self then is one's apogee of ontological enquiry. What constitutes the Self?

Vedanta reveals that consciousness is immaterial, it cannot be quantified nor reduced to anything composed of matter. Consciousness pervades the flesh as the observer of activity, yet remains indifferent to pleasure and pain, happiness and distress and the pursuit of the individual's never satiated desires. The Self is described as sat-chid-ananda in Sanskrit, or eternity-knowledge-bliss.

By meditation on God, one begins to clean the mind which is covered by a veil of ignorance termed avidya. That avidya prevents one from ending the wheel of samsara as the individual reincarnates ad infinitum on a never ending treadmill of suffering punctuated by birth, death, old-age and disease.

Aum shanti
Old 30-08-2017, 04:37 AM
sakredkow

Namaste

When one questions their existential purpose and begins to perceive the cultural engineering they are subjected to since birth that is the beginning of the awakening. Capitalist driven society is horrendous oppression and the individual is hammered into a submissive life of never-ending consumerism. Struggling daily to make ends meet the individual remains oblivious to consciousness and thus their salvation is nullified by the burden of materialistic life.

The very easy way to enlightenment and freedom from the architects of one's oppression is by yoga and meditation on God. That will trigger the individual's path of dharma that will end their perpetual suffering on the wheel of samsara.

aum shanti
Old 18-09-2017, 10:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakredkow
Namaste

When one questions their existential purpose and begins to perceive the cultural engineering they are subjected to since birth that is the beginning of the awakening. Capitalist driven society is horrendous oppression and the individual is hammered into a submissive life of never-ending consumerism. Struggling daily to make ends meet the individual remains oblivious to consciousness and thus their salvation is nullified by the burden of materialistic life.

The very easy way to enlightenment and freedom from the architects of one's oppression is by yoga and meditation on God. That will trigger the individual's path of dharma that will end their perpetual suffering on the wheel of samsara.

aum shanti

What is the point of making your own religion?

These ideas you are bringing have been brought up before, and by people who are more influential, charismatic, and wiser than you. What makes you think you are fit to be a leader in the spiritual field?

and by the way, I'm not fond of your pessimistic view of capitalism. It has it's negatives, like all things, but it also has helped the world in many ways and you are ignoring those.
Old 18-09-2017, 10:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
What is the point of making your own religion?

These ideas you are bringing have been brought up before, and by people who are more influential, charismatic, and wiser than you. What makes you think you are fit to be a leader in the spiritual field?

and by the way, I'm not fond of your pessimistic view of capitalism. It has it's negatives, like all things, but it also has helped the world in many ways and you are ignoring those.

Religion should be like Judo dojos - you can teach your own style

It's only the same as Judaism/Christianity/Islam (sunni,shia,wahabi)/ Baptist, Presbyterian, and Lutheran Churches/Mormons/Jehovah's Witnesses/Catholics/Baptist, Presbyterian, and Lutheran Churches.

Who founded those? We'd probably say the same to them - why can't someone do it in modern times?

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 18-09-2017, 11:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
Religion should be like Judo dojos - you can teach your own style

It's only the same as Judaism/Christianity/Islam (sunni,shia,wahabi)/ Baptist, Presbyterian, and Lutheran Churches/Mormons/Jehovah's Witnesses/Catholics/Baptist, Presbyterian, and Lutheran Churches.

Who founded those? We'd probably say the same to them - why can't someone do it in modern times?

There is nothing against it. However there should be, for the same reason people don't walk into a hospital and begin operating on patients without experience and knowledge. Serious damage can be done to both people. This guy could be leading himself down a path that will drop off very rapidly in 3-6 months and leave him reeling for the next 10 years.

the "I hurt someone I was trying my very best to help" trauma is a DEEP pain and it doesn't come out easily. Encouraging this person to charge blindly ahead can potentially lead them to experience it. Not to mention the damage they can potentially do to others. Having good intentions isn't enough, it takes more than that to lead people spiritually. And when it comes to the human mind and spirituality... it's just that it's basically the most difficult thing human beings do. It's not something we should jump into because we had a feeling or a craving, or because we have been around it all our lives. It takes a massive amount of dedication, discipline, practice, knowledge, wisdom, etc etc, it takes a lot to do it right. And that lot includes certain life experiences as well as internal attributes like honor, honesty, courage, etc. Sure we can have the attributes from youth, but many of the experiences don't come until mid 30's and early 40's.

Encouraging everybody to teach their own religion is selfish and foolish.

The truth is not everyone is worthy. We all have the potential, that is to say we all are worthy deep down at the most absolute level, but that is not enough merit to justify the position of spiritual leader. The most cold blooded killers are worthy deep down, they are God at some level, however we all know what happens when they preach. It becomes a cult. It's the far end of the spectrum, sure, however we can reason that infinite variations exist from the cold blooded to the most saintly. From this example we can say "yes everyone has potential, but not everyone is worthy to lead".

That's not to say that only saints should lead. But to be honest, the best people would be led by saints. The people who are still lost in their troubles will seek a troubled leader. As a troubled person, how are they going to react when they are surrounded by troubled people? Are their problems going to suddenly vanish? or get bigger? Nobody knows to be honest, there is so much variation based on individual experiences, however its playing with fire if you ask me.

It's like saying "only saints will be able to preach a religion that will catch on and become a widespread force for spreading love and positivity". Everybody else will fall short and probably give up quickly, or possibly resort to underhanded tactics to keep followers like manipulation or deceit. Fall short in being able to achieve the goal of raising consciousness worldwide.

If the goal is to simply orate our beliefs to people who will listen, well that's not really a goal. That is giving up a goal and settling for what we can easily achieve.