Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 14-04-2006, 12:58 PM
eogz

Spiritual Development Block

Hi,

I'm new, not so much to spirituality, but to sites like this.

I have always held stong spiritual beliefs. Not so much reincarnation, more along the lines of the spiritualist church but without a basis in Christianity.
I'm not really sure if this properly describes myself, or makes sense.

However the older I have become (and the more cynical and battle scarred i am) I find myself at a place where, I'm not really moving forward in anyway.

I still hold my beliefs,

Life is eternal, We grow on earth, We are spiritual as well as physical beings, What we reap is what we sow.

But i'm going nowhere, spiritually I mean. I don't feel closer to my spiritual side, in some ways i forget what I really believe (at times for years at a time!), where do i go from here.

I joined this site to join a community, of like minded people. I know you all quite open, hold similar to very different beliefs, yet the aims are the same ultimately.

I'm just stuck....

However what i am going to do, is spend sometime reading what you allhave to say, in other forums etc, mediatate on how I feel myself and try to live in accordance with my beliefs.

Any more advice would be appreciated.

Hello to you all and thanks for listening.
Old 14-04-2006, 03:28 PM
silver swan

Welcome to the forum. I think your post was very moving and honest.
xxx
Old 14-04-2006, 04:45 PM
eyeyavak

Lost

Hey Eogz,
I'm new as well... funny enough... your entry is for the most part, the same reason I searched and joined this forum. And, funny enough, your post was the first I read.

I think I'm in the same boat. I'm 35, starting to question things; spiritual, but also relateing to life in general. I think I'm kind of lost. Starting to ask, why are we here? I want to believe it's to better myself spiritually, but I find the "earthly" things are getting the best of me... job, money, etc. I know these are not what we're here for, but I find myself worrying about these materialistic things. I'm not materialistic, but find myself worrying about these things that I feel should not be so important.. instead of concerning myself with Love, being good, getting more in touch spiritually with myself and others... But in the back of my mind, I suppose I'm worried how financially secure I am, or what is the real purpose of my job, am I making a difference...

I wouldn't mind some feedback from anyone on this site, but in the meantime, I think I'll do as you stated, read through the forums and see what insight I can gain.

Thanks for your post Eogz... as I was reading it, I felt a little better, as if I'm not the only one that feels a little lost right now.

Thanks!
Old 14-04-2006, 06:53 PM
TheTreeLady

Hello EOGZ I'm new to this forum too.
It sounds to me as if your on the awakening path, from what I've experienced you go a little bit cukoo.

A good tip I picked up the other day was to stop going by the book and enjoy life the best way you possibly can. Go with the flow and follow your intuition, don't beat yourself up. We are all open to the power, it is just that some of us percieve energy more than others which makes us feel anxiou and sometimes desperate. Contact your inner spirit, you'll feel much less anxious.

TheTreeLady
xxx
Old 15-04-2006, 01:51 AM
Glorymist

To all of you - -

There is an old principle on the Path. All you have done has gotten you to "here." If you keep on doing what has gotten you to "here" - - then this is where you'll stay.

In other words - - if all you do is what you're doing, then all you'll get is what you're getting.

This is where things get "interesting" on the Path. Somewhere - - somehow - - by your choice - - you might heavily consider taking on something new. To broaden a viewpoint. Allow a new concept to work for you. Read a book that will stretch you. Get into some techniques that will help you face yourself and consider what limitations you hold of yourself. Journals and paying attention to one's dreams are two of the better ones. Simply writeing to "know and understand Self" can show you a *lot.*

You might consider taking all of this lightly. If you intensely press forward - - you can really throw yourself out of balance. If you just begin to drift and not care - - apathy / complacency can result. If you really begin to look deeply into yourself - - I mean - - *really* deeply - - you can become quite introverted and become even worse. So - - the trick is - - to take it lightly. More of a focused interest.

If you are taking any *real* interest in all of this to any extent - - then you are doing just fine. Look around. Most do not care at all. They just want to get by and accumulate goodies. That is the way of the world. If you are in a place where you are desiring to learn and to grow - - then you are in the right place.

Ask yourself this easy question ??

What is it you want to know ??

I mean - - specifically. What interests you ?? What questions do you have about Life ?? What intrigues you about it all ?? What puzzle pieces haven't fallen into place for you yet ??

Pick one or two or three - - and go for it. Ask ! !
Old 15-04-2006, 10:09 AM
DASA

quest for enlightenment

Want to find a way to enlightenment?

Find an enlightened person, and ask them how they got there.

Just don't expect it to be an easy answer. I'm still 'fighting' with my one ...

Best Wishes,

Das
Old 15-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Glorymist

Exactly ! !

In today's world - - there are a number of ways that one can go about finding "enlightenment." One - - thru books. A necessary start. Two - - thru reports of out of body experiences, near death experiences, etc. At least - - one begins to broaden and become aware of all that is involved. Three - - find someone who has been where you want to go and ask for hints / techniques / advice.

Answers can often seem easy. Discovering the depths of the answer and employing it all within ones life is tough ! !

And the farther one goes on the Path, the less one is able to actually give straightforward / verbal / mental / defineable "answers." True teachers at that level can only point out a direction, leaving all else up to the individual - - which - - is the Path anyway.

To couch answers in mystery and double-talk is one thing. A favorite ploy.

To get an answer of "go do this and do it *this*way - - can lead all sorts of "places." All to discover oneself.
Old 15-04-2006, 08:13 PM
eogz

Thankyou all very much

Thanks again everyone,

Your comments helped alot, I read them over just now.

After I wrote the post, I trawled a bit on the net, had a laugh, read a few conspiricy theories and went to bed.

I did however feel much better, I know in one way or another I'm on the right path, I guess being on it doesn't mean you always move along it, with every high there's a low and sometimes you just need a plateau.

Yes i am looking again, hence the post in the first place, also probably being 35 makes a difference (too old to be young, too young to be old!).

My main problem is that i haven't really been practising what i preach to myself, and I am my own worst judge, jury and executioner.

What a lovely introduction from you all to this site, I'm going to carry on practising what I preach but with the acceptence of myself as an imperfect being.

I will also write down what I believe and want, I think this will help. As to what I want...... Just Grow.

Thanks again

Eogz
Old 17-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Glorymist

Egoz - - way to go ! !

But just consider - - to say "just grow" - - is incredibly broad. Huge. General.

It's like saying - - "I just want to learn math" Or "I just want to learn to read."

Which - - is kewl - - but it really helps if someone knows where they "are" in it all and where their interests would tend to lead. Like - - do you want to understand basic math so you can head into geometry or to just balance your checkbook ?? Or - - do you want to learn to read so you can share story time with a younger child or do you want to be able to read complex medical books / philosophy books / etc.

See ??

I'm not trying to be picky. It is easier to learn what it is you have an interest in rather than trying to "learn it all." Since you want to move forward - - all of this might help a bit.
Closed Thread