Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-02-2015, 12:57 PM
Guide

Revenge; message of peace.

Sharing my findings today.

Unsourcefull revenge has nothing to do with getting back. Its only creating seperate karma from the event ur looking to get revenge for.
Committing blind revenge is very harmfull to oneself and to the world. Because it tells u are on the same page as perp. U will become bonded. Almost lovers. U chose to be on the same level as perp. Together it causes more rage and war. Because the original action is now strenghtened by revengeseeking acts which is violence. Not to mention it spreads negativity and darkness in its surroundings

True revenge can only be gathered by accepting what happened. And transform the event in a oppurtunity to rise higher. Because u have right to take power from perpetuator. The perp will allways be benaeth u, they will become ur slave in a way. The perp is forced to rise higher as well to break the spell. In a way a prison is created for them and u r the lockkeeper. When they want to be free they will have to pass u, but not without undergoing ur pain, not without letting them know what they have done to you. U kan kill the perp-identity. Litterally. Now, how is this not true revenge?
Old 22-02-2015, 03:57 PM
Lorelyen

Revenge can be dangerous when mishandled. It can escalate.

Old 22-02-2015, 05:37 PM
Deactivated Account

Gem-this really resonated with me

-"And transform the event in a opportunity to rise higher"

So instead of thinking up ways to hurt the person that hurt me-take the event and create something positive out of it-just thinking about it created a positive flow inside of me and weakened the negative feelins.

My all time favorite thing to not engage in revenge is to "pray for the sob" lol
seriousy though before I pray I am honest with God in that I tell him I don't really mean it but am doing it as an act of your will bc I know that revenge only begets revenge and it leaves me I a viscious cycle of resentment and bitterness.
Old 22-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Ivy

I'm not sure if I get the way you've put it, but there is something I see in what you say, that I have found to be so.

First there was a time when I took all responsibility for violence against me. Even years afterwards I would make excuses for it. Whilst I had no anger in me, it was lack of acceptance for what had happened, rather than rising above it.

Next time I experienced violence against me, I was told not to speak about it. But I found I couldn't, I needed to speak out and drove myself nuts by not doing so. In the end I had to walk away from everyone that knew the perpetrators - but I'd mad a promise to the man wanting me to keep quiet that if I walked away I would do it with dignity. His response stook in my head, he said "there's no such thing as dignity". He was soooo wrong.

By the time I came to walking away point, I was quite ill and no doubt to those that had no understanding, I looked foolish and undignified. But I found my dignity in not playing his game. I drew on the deep sense of love and healing within myself and stood firm in my integrity and resolve to stay true to me. I have been angry and at times I've wanted the world to see what those man are inside. But my guidance has always been to leave it in their hands.

I am not responsible for other peoples actions, that is theirs to walk with alone - I do allow myself a wry smile at the thought, I wouldn't want to be a person who attacks or those that did nothing. I am responsible only for the way I choose to walk - and I feel light and dignified in my integrity.
Old 22-02-2015, 06:37 PM
Guide
I must say that I agree with what you said here: "transform the event in a opportunity to rise higher."

We can do that many times throughout each and everyday. By using things that are done against us to rise above it, we grow as an individual. Staying true to ourselves and our spiritual journey means not allow others to bring us down into the negativity that most of the world exist in.

Ivy,

I really liked what you said, :"I am not responsible for other peoples actions, that is theirs to walk with alone....I am responsible only for the way I choose to walk."

That is so true. Knowing that we have to answer for our own actions helps keep us on the path that we need to walk. Helps keep us positive. It also helps us know that those who exist in negativity and try to bring us down have to answer for their actions as well. I am with you Ivy, I would not want to be them.

Thanks for the great topic and all the wonderful, insightful comments.

Peace and Light,
SC
Old 22-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Revenge?
Oh my God...this word should be banished from our vocabulary...
and that thing in us that wants it.

I joked about it in a previous thread...but, I'm more serious
in this post, go figure.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-02-2015, 10:04 PM
Master
For me it depends on the circumstance. Though for the most part i feel a lot more liberated when i can put something past me without worrying about retaliation.

Quote:
In a way a prison is created for them and u r the lockkeeper. When they want to be free they will have to pass u, but not without undergoing ur pain, not without letting them know what they have done to you. U kan kill the perp-identity. Litterally. Now, how is this not true revenge?

Justice isn't always served. And sometimes the best way to stop someone from causing further harm to you or your family is to get even.
Old 22-02-2015, 10:47 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
For me it depends on the circumstance. Though for the most part i feel a lot more liberated when i can put something past me without worrying about retaliation.

Justice isn't always served. And sometimes the best way to stop someone from causing further harm to you or your family is to get even.

in which cases and how? In spirit justice is allways settled.

Quote:
Oh my God...this word should be banished from our vocabulary...

Well many words have two meanings and if u arent willing to look at one side u will never know the other.

@Ivy , i think u can be very proud of urself.
Old 22-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Master
Lets say a neighbor rapes a family member of yours. The courts didn't find any evidence to convict him so he gets off free. Since he lives next door he continues to taunt and harass you and your family. The police can't do much as there is very little to no evidence of his harassment.

Sometimes you need to take matters into your own hands.
Old 22-02-2015, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Lets say a neighbor rapes a family member of yours.
The courts didn't find any evidence to convict him so he gets off free.
Since he lives next door he continues to taunt and harass you and your family.
The police can't do much as there is very little to no evidence of his harassment.

Sometimes you need to take matters into your own hands.
I happen to know where this gets you.
and it truly is no place good.
I was young and stupid and impulsive once... knew very little except
that which was in front of my face....didn't understand God and how this
Universe works. ...
taking matters into your own hands is asking for the 'Boomerang Effect".

There is wisdom in the words...Vengeance is mine, so saith the Lord.
(in Romans 12)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru