Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 30-10-2016, 01:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Native America Tarot

I was wondering at what point in history the Native American tarot came to life.Did the Natives have tarot or is it made up?
Old 30-10-2016, 05:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Come on,

No one?
Old 30-10-2016, 08:57 PM
Lepus

Hello,

Are you asking when did Native American tarots became a thing? Not sure, there are many influnces that led to inspire artists create Native American tarots.

Blessed be,,
Lepus
Old 30-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Master
The tarot was not invented as divination item. They were playing cards that were found as effective tools for divination later. It started around mid 18th century in Europe.
The native american did not have tarot. But there are modern decks that have the native american inscription/ illustration around them.
Old 30-10-2016, 09:50 PM
Administrator
I have the Native American Medicine Cards they are shown as Animals it depends on what type you get but some only give an interpretation of a native symbol.there are many types you go with what feels right with yourself.

Namaste
Old 31-10-2016, 08:28 AM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
Well traditionally my people never had or used tarot decks, and they are something that as far as I know that came in with the new age movement when a lot of the new decks were designed and hit the market place.

Personally I use what my ancestors use which is totally different and far, far older.

I know other NDN who do use tarot decks but they are the mass produced ones anyone can buy.

Here's where we go off the map.
Out past the power lines,
up that little side road without a sign.
Hidden from the mainstream.

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!
Old 01-11-2016, 03:47 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoiyi
Well traditionally my people never had or used tarot decks, and they are something that as far as I know that came in with the new age movement when a lot of the new decks were designed and hit the market place.

Personally I use what my ancestors use which is totally different and far, far older.

I know other NDN who do use tarot decks but they are the mass produced ones anyone can buy.

Thank you, that info makes things a bit more clear.