Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 06-06-2015, 03:29 AM
Reela

No, it doesn't.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:34 AM
Deactivated Account
I think that atheism helps us to see the beauty of life, the science of life with its many wonders, where as religion reduces us to a belief in a god that made it all, and in that the mystery of life is dead.
Old 24-06-2015, 01:47 PM
Deactivated Account
"Head, or intellectual belief, is not fundamental and causative, but it is superficial and consequent, and that it has no power in the moulding of a man's character, the most superficial observer may easily see. Take, for instance, half a dozen men from any creed. They not only hold the same theological belief, but confess the same articles of faith in every particular, and yet their characters are vastly different. One will be just as noble as another ignoble; one will be mild and gentle, another coarse and irascible; one will be honest, another dishonest; one will indulge certain habits which another will rigidly abjure, and so on, plainly indicating that theological belief is not an influential factor in a man's life. A man's theological belief is merely his intellectual opinion or view of the universe; God, the bible, etc, and behind and underneath this head-belief there lies, deeply rooted in his innermost being, the hidden, silent, secret belief of his heart, and it is this belief which moulds and makes his whole life. It is this which makes those six men who, whilst holding the same theology, are yet so vastly at variance in their deeds - they differ in the vital belief of the heart." ~ James Allen
Old 24-06-2015, 10:14 PM
Master

I don't need God to tell me (through others) how to be a good person.
I want to discover that and learn and grow by myself.

I only need God because I need a heavenly Parent who will always be there for me and with whom I can talk about everything.
Old 27-06-2015, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator
It's strange, but the atheists I have known are those people with very strong moral values. Neither do they believe in 'life after death' -so they're not doing what they do for 'karma points' either. Just because they are following their hearts. "Belief and disbelief" will all melt away into the light of knowing one day....
Old 23-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Pathfinder

Atheism does not mean you don't have values, there are plenty of people who believe in God or Gods, that have done very horrible things to other people, and not just in the past.