Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 18-03-2018, 03:41 AM
Master
I repeated this answer in another thread.....but because it sort of sums up my argument I would like to put it here too:-

I was asked several questions about WHO is I, and where does the I come from. In a nutshell here is how I see it.

The "I" is something which God can say or state. If God does not say or state "I" then it simply does not manifest. In a sense there is no "I" until God says so.

You could argue that it is the "I" which states God. If the "I" does not state God then does God exist? It is sort of a chicken and egg argument.

My personal preference is that God comes first and does not need the "I" in order to exist. Others seem to see it as the "I" comes first and does not need the God in order to exist.

I see these two possibilities as the two paths by which one can travel. Either God first or "I" first. My choice is that God have priority.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 18-03-2018, 05:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I repeated this answer in another thread.....but because it sort of sums up my argument I would like to put it here too:-

I was asked several questions about WHO is I, and where does the I come from. In a nutshell here is how I see it.

The "I" is something which God can say or state. If God does not say or state "I" then it simply does not manifest. In a sense there is no "I" until God says so.

You could argue that it is the "I" which states God. If the "I" does not state God then does God exist? It is sort of a chicken and egg argument.

My personal preference is that God comes first and does not need the "I" in order to exist. Others seem to see it as the "I" comes first and does not need the God in order to exist.

I see these two possibilities as the two paths by which one can travel. Either God first or "I" first. My choice is that God have priority.

As long as your happy with your choice
Old 18-03-2018, 07:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
As long as your happy with your choice

But I'm still curious about the other choice......

Old 18-03-2018, 08:38 AM
Master
[quote=Honza]But I'm still curious about the other choice......[/QUOTE

It's sensible to keep an open mind as everything is in flux.
I don't think it's a choice to say I am God but a feeling, I think from reading all your recent posts you are still very unsure and are looking outside for clarification when the answer is inside. Just let things be.... when the time is right it all comes together
Old 18-03-2018, 01:28 PM
Master

Quote:
But I'm still curious about the other choice......

my understanding is, if you make the other choice you are very likely to get lost and die.
Old 18-03-2018, 01:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
my understanding is, if you make the other choice you are very likely to get lost and die.

You mean if you choose the path of "I"?

That is how I used to see it......hence my apprehension.

Old 20-03-2018, 05:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Here is how spirituality settles itself into two distinct camps.

On the one hand you have those people who live the life of I AM. To them God and the "I" are essentially the same being. To them God lies within and is ones very own self. So much so that the statement "I Am God" is truth.

On the other hand you have those people who live the life of "God is". To them God is not definable as I AM. He is greater than that. He is greater than any inner "I" or inner self. God lies above and beyond what we generally accept as reality. The statement "I Am God" is not true to these people.
Can't both statements be true? As, I AM God, pure unconditional love, I AM the source and creator in a way... while, on the other hand, I am just a sparkle of them while being in this body. Like, everything is connected, there is a sparkle of God in each of us. Thus, we are all equal. And all connected.
I have to admit, that I am having trouble with "I am God", too.
Especially when it comes to expressing my gratitude. Whom do I thank for all the "good" things in my life, whom do I thank for all I have "accomplished"? I rather thank other people or a higher being beyond our human perception than just thanking myself... would feel like being a megalomaniac or narcissist otherwise, lol...
I AM God, yet I am not.
I might be the God of my own universe, but not the God of any other living being's universe.
As a God, I will take on the responsibility to make my own universe the best possible world to live in, but without denying any soul their free will.
Old 20-03-2018, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge
Can't both statements be true? As, I AM God, pure unconditional love, I AM the source and creator in a way... while, on the other hand, I am just a sparkle of them while being in this body. Like, everything is connected, there is a sparkle of God in each of us. Thus, we are all equal. And all connected.
I have to admit, that I am having trouble with "I am God", too.
Especially when it comes to expressing my gratitude. Whom do I thank for all the "good" things in my life, whom do I thank for all I have "accomplished"? I rather thank other people or a higher being beyond our human perception than just thanking myself... would feel like being a megalomaniac or narcissist otherwise, lol...
I AM God, yet I am not.
I might be the God of my own universe, but not the God of any other living being's universe.
As a God, I will take on the responsibility to make my own universe the best possible world to live in, but without denying any soul their free will.

You can thank ' cause and effect ' for all the goodys.....
Old 20-03-2018, 06:44 PM
Master
Yes I think there is truth to both statements. I practice both I AM and God is. However I tend to give God priority. God is the macro and I AM the micro.

I think Christ was both. He believed in God The Father yet He was I AM too. That is a good measure to go by.

Old 25-03-2018, 12:49 PM
Master
Where are you guys when I need some humor & reason in the other threads?

Much respect for the tone of the thread so far.

For me:

I am God essentially says that God is energy & we can connect with it.
The other presumes God to be separate from us. A being to be worshipped & adored.

Both camps don't seem to need anything beyond simple belief in establishing which is true.

Often both are guided or dictated by another persons book.

Anyone who claims to know for certain is fooling themselves as far as I'm concerned.

~

I do warn you that I might be followed here as my opinions aren't popular - time will tell

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain