Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Space_Man

Re: can of worms

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashwah
Interesting theory about jesus being Adam reincarnate, may i ask why you think this? I'll have to wait for your thread... :)
Here you go! :)
Old 08-01-2006, 11:51 PM
Poppies

Re: Religion

[quote=Space_Man]
Quote:
I have come across some literature that supports that jesus did not die but actually went to india and was in fact a buddhist.
I have a passing familiarity with that, myself
Old 09-01-2006, 09:30 AM
DASA

The Lost Years of Jesus

Here's a link about that one Poppies:

http://reluctant-messenger.com/issa.htm

:-)

Das
Old 09-01-2006, 10:50 AM
sashwah

Good link Dasa, thank you.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Poppies

Re: The Lost Years of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASA
Here's a link about that one Poppies:

http://reluctant-messenger.com/issa.htm

:-)

Das

Thanks Dasa! I meant to ask if anyone had more information on this! It looks very interesting! I shall go and have a good look at it! :)
Old 09-01-2006, 12:32 PM
DASA

Jesus in India

And another one (from a different angle):

http://www.atmajyoti.org/spirwrit-th...t_of_india.asp

P.S - That 9.29 Gita quote is really sweet. It's like the whole essence of religion in a few small words.
Old 15-01-2006, 07:24 PM
sashwah

I know, when i read it I thought, "well, that say's it all really"......

Like there should only be one commandment... Do unto others as thou would have done unto yourself....

KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid...

:)
Old 16-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Elen0Sila

[quote]Oh, but just think what a potential can of worms just this can be (like with the
Old 17-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Space_Man

Quote:
Like there should only be one commandment... Do unto others as thou would have done unto yourself....
Ah, but if you and I had a religion together, there would already be splintering
Old 18-01-2006, 09:14 AM
sashwah

What get's me, is for the most part, we are idolising the same deity. The arguments spring forth about HOW that deity should be idolised. Talk about splitting **** hairs...!!!

I liked your commandment better space man... and for the most part i believe correct regarding religion being sociology. A lot of people who go to church for example actually feel duty bound to do it, the don't do it because they want to show their love to god.
I worked with some children with learning difficulties at my local catholic church as a volunteer once a week. I got to know Father Kelly quite well. He was a lovely chap who before the end of his seven years in the parish, applied to work in hll, working on the docks, helping people there. Not a very nice place to be by the way for those of you outside the U.K. Just before easter, i was on the bus, on my way into town when i overheard two irish ladies sat behind me. They were being rather disrespectful about Father Kelly's dissapearance and the new Father "have you noticed how the collection has gone right down since the new father started" said one woman to the other... "oh yes" she replied " Marjorie put
Closed Thread