Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 28-09-2016, 09:44 AM
Master

Chi is the Force of Life

Chi is the force of life, which comes and goes, is replenished and expended. It is the circle of Being which has no beginning and no end. I was wondering this morning if our purpose is first to align ourselves or harmonise with Nature, therefore, life, and this will increase chi, much like a current of electricity is switched on, We can increase physical stamina etc. .but isn't this just the same as saying we can increase the battery size in a circuit of electricity for example ? Without the connection and alignment there is no power no matter what size antennae is channeling that power ? Thanks. Just a couple of observations and questions i felt inspired to write.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 28-09-2016, 12:51 PM
I just found out that chi, prana and orgone all mean the same thing.
(Why Wilhelm Reich had to create a new word 'orgone' beats me, lol,
just complicated things for a while trying to understand what orgone was!)

So, speaking in orgone terms ... I bought some orgonite to
aid in my continuing alignment with chi...to harmonize my 'frequency'.
And so far, 3 weeks now, it is going great!

There is a website on this blueprint frequency we all have ...as in
it is outside our aura, so not our aura...I'm still learning...
but I feel the difference and feel more clarity and overall physical stamina!
Using orgonite on my chakras to clear and open them.
Orgone and orgonite can be googled.

I read David Hawkins, MD's book also 'Power vs Force'...speaks of this frequency.
I'm thinking frequency as it is being used and measured is also another word for chi.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-09-2016, 03:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Chi is the force of life, which comes and goes, is replenished and expended. It is the circle of Being which has no beginning and no end. I was wondering this morning if our purpose is first to align ourselves or harmonise with Nature, therefore, life, and this will increase chi, much like a current of electricity is switched on, We can increase physical stamina etc. .but isn't this just the same as saying we can increase the battery size in a circuit of electricity for example ? Without the connection and alignment there is no power no matter what size antennae is channeling that power ? Thanks. Just a couple of observations and questions i felt inspired to write.

Chi is ' Life force ', you are born with chi, it never comes or goes but can decrease when you are ill. You can strengthen your Chi by exercise like Qigong/Tai Chi and by eating good food. Air is full of Chi so a good walk in nature helps to build it up.
It is said that Chi runs behind the blood in your veins, it is always there and you can sometimes feel it running around your body like electricity. It is stored in your Dantiens, which are like energy centers. True Chi is from your parents, Chi of the breath comes from heaven and Chi from the earth comes from food and water.
Old 29-09-2016, 06:42 AM
Master

Chi is the force of life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I just found out that chi, prana and orgone all mean the same thing.
(Why Wilhelm Reich had to create a new word 'orgone' beats me, lol,
just complicated things for a while trying to understand what orgone was!)

So, speaking in orgone terms ... I bought some orgonite to
aid in my continuing alignment with chi...to harmonize my 'frequency'.
And so far, 3 weeks now, it is going great!

There is a website on this blueprint frequency we all have ...as in
it is outside our aura, so not our aura...I'm still learning...
but I feel the difference and feel more clarity and overall physical stamina!
Using orgonite on my chakras to clear and open them.
Orgone and orgonite can be googled.

I read David Hawkins, MD's book also 'Power vs Force'...speaks of this frequency.
I'm thinking frequency as it is being used and measured is also another word for chi.

Hi Miss H, Yes , I believe those 3 terms, prana, chi and orgone are all synonymous. Orgone ! lol, Weilheim had to get in on the act. What a striking word. How's your Orgone today ? lol, just joking. Its easy to see why something like a crystal could resonate with our subtle body, when i pass mountains, anytime i do, i worship them and on one certain occasion i pulled into a layby, and when i got out of the car there was a force, like a magnetism, which i felt very strongly, the force existed between a small cliff and a lake, divided by that road which ran around the lake. I am just telling this as ive never really used crystals in any meaningful way and to feel that force of energy was quite something. On another occasion i was driving past some small mountains along the West coast of ireland and my friend said we are driving past some quartz now i think it was. She could feel it prickling her skin. So i guess its attunement ? Glad to hear that everything is going well for you with your alignments.

One of the things i was trying to bring up in my question and observation was that even when chi is not felt so strongly it is still there ? Even when your not shaking like a copper cattle on a firey hob lol ..your chi is still there. So i suppose i was trying to explore the chi at its most subtlest levels, at its rest levels where it probably vibrates at a different frequency to when the body is in full flow. It's so subtle .at least for me and the story of the emperors new clothes came to mind, of course he is sitting there with the orgone in his hand lol, if i may be so graphic. I'm just about to answer Sky123 who misunderstood me when i said it comes and goes, what i meant it comes and goes much as a wave in the sea comes and goes, or the moon comes and goes etc.

Thank you for bringing up that very interesting concept too of 'power vs force' that is a profound one and one i hope to explore more. I think with chi, at least my observations so far which are not exactly disciplined lol. is that chi generates, accumulates and is stored through alignment to power not through force, the whole reason why the distinction between hard and soft martial arts is made for example in the martial aspect of it. ..thank you for your very stimulating and thoughtful writing.

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 29-09-2016, 06:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Chi is ' Life force ', you are born with chi, it never comes or goes but can decrease when you are ill. You can strengthen your Chi by exercise like Qigong/Tai Chi and by eating good food. Air is full of Chi so a good walk in nature helps to build it up.
It is said that Chi runs behind the blood in your veins, it is always there and you can sometimes feel it running around your body like electricity. It is stored in your Dantiens, which are like energy centers. True Chi is from your parents, Chi of the breath comes from heaven and Chi from the earth comes from food and water.

Here's something remarkable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn3h2WRW05c
Old 29-09-2016, 06:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

Yes all ways to generate, observe and acknowledge Qi. Thank you. When i said it comes and goes, what i really meant was it comes and goes much like a wave on the sea which ebbs and flows, and yes it can be felt like electricity but also it has an aspect where it can't be felt so strongly in the body at certain times ? I think there are levels of chi too it seems, subtle and gross if i may say so, i mean the gross level is very subtle too where you can feel a small or large current of energy moving, and the subtle level is often accompanied by a profound feeling of connection and happiness ?

Old 05-10-2016, 01:19 PM
Master
Joe MC - I don't know a whole lot about matters related to this sub-forum other than when I think of chi I think of Feng Shui. Arrangement of rooms, de-cluttering, placement of uplifting objects, plants and just letting in fresh new sunlight into a room all represent positive chi.

Living environments can make or break the level of positive chi that enters ones body. Nature restores positive chi, whereas living in a big crowded city too long can be draining because for one, the level of noise can contribute to negative chi as well as other people's energy can deplete ones chi.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Joe MC - I don't know a whole lot about matters related to this sub-forum other than when I think of chi I think of Feng Shui. Arrangement of rooms, de-cluttering, placement of uplifting objects, plants and just letting in fresh new sunlight into a room all represent positive chi.

Living environments can make or break the level of positive chi that enters ones body. Nature restores positive chi, whereas living in a big crowded city too long can be draining because for one, the level of noise can contribute to negative chi as well as other people's energy can deplete ones chi.

What your saying seems obvious in a way but it far from so. Thanks for the insight, this is what i meant by alignment, aligning with life and letting it express itself in wholesome and friendly things and environments, as in feng shui. I lived in a fast moving and big City and it was difficult to keep up at times. Then just before i returned to Ireland I had an interview with Chime Rinpoche who was David Bowie's teacher at one time and I said i was thinking of leaving the 'Big Smoke' but i also said to him, (There's a Starman waiting in the sky lol, only joking of course),I can meditate easily in the city, its my cave, and he said no it's not easy. But on the other hand, you have that thing that the teacher Alan Watts said, " if you can't meditate in a boiler room you can't meditate.." So both these views seem contradictory in a sense ? What do you think ?

Last edited by Joe Mc : 06-10-2016 at 08:23 AM.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
What your saying seems obvious in a way but it far from so. Thanks for the insight, this is what i meant by alignment, aligning with life and letting it express itself in wholesome and friendly things and environments, as in feng shui. I lived in a fast moving and big City and it was difficult to keep up at times. Then just before i returned to Ireland I had an interview with Chime Rinpoche who was David Bowie's teacher at one time and I said i was thinking of leaving the 'Big Smoke' but i also said to him, (There's a Starman waiting in the sky lol, only joking of course),I can meditate easily in the city, its my cave, and he said no it's not easy. But on the other hand, you have that thing that the teacher Alan Watts said, " if you can't meditate in a boiler room you can't meditate.." So both these views seem contradictory in a sense ? What do you think ?

Jo Mc - Chime Rinpoche was saying it’s not easy to mediate among distractions such as city noise. I think that’s true that it’s not easy, but not impossible. If you have learned the skill of drowning out noise in order to concentrate on your breath, thoughts, meditation music or what have you then what Alan Watts said is true.

I think of a boiler room being loud and uncomfortably hot and yet if you can’t meditate in there, than I suppose the sentiment is one is not doing it well.

I used to live in a very crowded city neighborhood not far from busy cross streets and a nearby expressway. I found it very difficult to meditate among the neighborhood noise, construction noise and road noise around me. But then again, I’m not very skilled at meditation and I admit that. I would always put on headphones and listen to guided meditation music. After a while I would think I was ready to take the headphones off and just observe my breath and tune out all the outside distractions, but I couldn’t.

So I guess my comment was derived from personal experience and if you are able to meditate in a big city, you’ve indeed mastered meditation!
Old 06-10-2016, 08:22 PM
Master
How to meditate in a noisy environment.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G5Z_EoyO_F8: