Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 23-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Newbie ;)

How many lifetimes?

How many lifetimes does the average spirit take in the human body?
1?4?15? I am just curious... Thank you.
Old 23-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Angelstar

l don't think anyone really knows,we may have been through thousands of life times as we evolve and develop the inner self,untill we become so advanced and have reached Illumination then we know longer need to come back to the earth plane.
Old 25-05-2013, 12:32 AM
Iseke

Depends. I personally believe that we can incarnate as any available lifeform (and many forms we wouldn't think of as "life" in the traditional sense) so this doesn't limit us to the human form. We may have had only a handful of lives as a human but many as different kinds of plants, animals or off planet ETs. I can't say how many lifetimes overall I've had but the amount of human lifetimes I can remember is about in the teens somewhere.
Old 25-05-2013, 01:25 AM
Guide
I asked this question to my spirit/higher self, and I got the number 7,000 or 70,000. While I've been incarnated on the Earth since the beginning, my soul is not of this plane.

Another thing that spirit did tell me was that it gets to the point where we stop measuring in years/lifetimes. When our soul evolves past the necessity of linear time.
Old 25-05-2013, 01:46 AM
Juanita

Probably thousands,... My understanding is that we are constantly evolving, so would never regress to being a rock or a tree.....
Old 25-05-2013, 02:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Probably thousands,... My understanding is that we are constantly evolving, so would never regress to being a rock or a tree.....

Who says that's regression? Just puttin' it out there. No heirarchies--all consciousness is equal. All capable of choices.
Old 25-05-2013, 02:38 AM
Yogi Palooza

It's all about perspective, we are all here to learn different perspectives so the Universe can understand what it is from as many different points of view as possible. You've had so many different lives you can't even count how many, I don't think there is a certain number on how many times each on of us has came into human form.
Old 25-05-2013, 03:10 AM
Master
I agree with the posters above, it appears to a high number. If I'd had to guess I would have thought it was a number under 100 or under 50, but based on blips I've seen of my own souls past lives it looks like something I wouldn't want to count.
And that's just on earth based lives .
Like immortal coil I've seen a life pre-earth and in great antiquity from before colonization of earth and maybe even the Milky Way.
Whatever our spirits have experienced its in the nearly incomprehensible category for our minds to grasp. Or at least mine LOL =D
Old 25-05-2013, 03:12 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Who says that's regression? Just puttin' it out there. No heirarchies--all consciousness is equal. All capable of choices.

I believe spirit called it regression, but don't remember if it was Emmanuel or Silver Birch...No, no heirachies, but all consciousness is not equal, but yes free will is always there to be used. Spirit is always progressing--that is the goal--so they would not choose to reincarnate as a rock--it would be more likely be learning how to create a rock....
Old 25-05-2013, 03:21 AM
Master
Juanita--

I'm referring to the basic "particles" of consciousness. My "new" favorite old book The Lazy Man's Guide to Enlightenment says it best:

"We are equal beings and the universe is our relations with each other. The universe is made of one kind of entity: each one is alive, each determines the course of his own existence."

"The universe is made of one kind of whatever-it-is, which cannot be defined. For our purpose, it isn't necessary to try to define it. All we need to do is assume that there is only one kind of whatever-it-is, and see if it leads to a reasonable explanation for the world as we know it."

"The basic function of each being is expanding and contracting. Expanded beings are permeative; contracted beings are dense and impermeative. Therefore, each of us, alone or in combination, may appear as space, energy or mass, depending on the ratio of expansion to contraction chosen, and what kind of vibrations each of us expresses by alternating expansion and contraction. Each being controls his own vibrations."

He goes on to explain that we, as humans, are more like collectives of beings--like being the mayor of New York City!! But the point is that (a) all beings are equal, all capable of the same as "God" and (b) each is capable of choice.

SO--seems we could choose to go back as a rock if we found benefit in it. Growth is in the eye of beholder.

Lora