Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 25-11-2017, 06:07 PM
Master
All,

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/lao_tzu_103462

"To see things in the seed, that is genius".
Lao Tzu

This saying has always confused me.

Who can see anything IN a seed, unless you have a microscope? And what "thing" are you going to see even then? Something that makes sense? Are you going to find "genius" in the seed with your eyes, or with a microscope? Even if you could look at the individual quanta comprising every single atom comprising the seed....still the question remains: Where is the genius in the seed?

Then it occurred to me that this quote is a metaphor for what a thought is....which is a "seed-pattern".

Considering my experience with planting seeds in the ground, I realized that this is only partially what Lao Tzu is using this "seed-pattern" metaphor for.

The metaphor not only includes the seed, but also the medium into which it is planted, and the bloom that usually results. I say "usually" because not all planted seeds grow into blooms. Lao Tzu's metaphor is really about the Creative ability, Itself. The "genius" of the Creative ability is perfection.

Why is that? Success and failure are already determined in the seed.....perfectly!

Sow the seed. Reap the bloom....perfectly. You'll see HOW this applies to any endeavor that occurs within the Garden of You, as the excellent example referenced below from Frederick Dodson's site entitled "Reality Creation" shows so well.

Reference: https://www.realitycreation.org/success-and-failure/ (BTW: the great majority of the treasure trove of information on this site is available as "Free Stuff" in the menu).

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...91&postcount=4 (This post expands on why "letting go" of the seed is so important)

However, it is the very last paragraph in the 3rd reference, that provides the WHY we even have this ability, at all. Hint: Therein lies the "Genius" waiting to be seen...within the Garden of You.

Reference: http://www.thechristmind.org/ye-must.htm
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 25-11-2017 at 10:12 PM.
Old 23-12-2017, 02:28 AM
Master
All,

Today, I discovered that I am not some "body".

What a surprise to encounter such a fundamental Truth!

How did I come to this conclusion? I saw the scientific proof, illustrated in the video referenced, below.

You'll see what I mean....and will wonder, as well, "if that is true, what else about ourselves, have we gotten so wrong for so long?"

What does this mean for scientists who believe they are charting new and fascinating discoveries in vast cosmic expanses or infinitesimal spaces?

What does this mean for theologians who maintain that God is unknowable and separate from Creation?

What does this mean for how we are supposed to perceive our neighbors on the Earth or in "outer" space (if recently "unhushed" news is any indication)?

For me, this is the beginning of a whole new journey of understanding.

Perhaps it will sow a new path of discovery for you to reap, as well.....in the Garden of You.

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...36&postcount=9
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 31-12-2017, 11:13 PM
Master
All,

Fertilizer for Thought in the Garden of You. Enjoy!

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...9&postcount=14
Old 01-01-2018, 01:29 AM
Experiencer
I'm not sure if this is related but 4 or 5 years ago I made a memory tree with like all many branches with all different memories to help me remember everything I had done In my life.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal.Vibe
I'm not sure if this is related but 4 or 5 years ago I made a memory tree with like all many branches with all different memories to help me remember everything I had done In my life.

Universal.Vibe,

Thanks for the info. You must have a prodigious memory. Were you successful, considering all the memories you have amassed since then? I'm curious why you were building your memory tree. This is the first I've heard of this...
Old 01-01-2018, 10:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
All,

Fertilizer for Thought in the Garden of You. Enjoy!

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...9&postcount=14

Thanks for the fertilizer, Guthrio, that was a very kind answer to an earnest question and very clearly put, too.

Possibly the clearest I've read til now, in that kind of concentrated form - while still accessible to even a rookie (except I'd then edit out the references, to make it smoother to read).

Wonderful message to reflect on on the first day of a new year, too, why do I chose this reality at this moment - what keeps me here, what calls on me from elsewhere of one.

Happy New Year!

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3
Old 01-01-2018, 02:31 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Universal.Vibe,

Thanks for the info. You must have a prodigious memory. Were you successful, considering all the memories you have amassed since then? I'm curious why you were building your memory tree. This is the first I've heard of this...

I was looking for signs, synchronicities, trends etc across the span of my life to find hidden treasure or something?
I found a lot of stuff!
I mostly did it for entertainment.
In the end however I kind of got bored of the whole thing as I feel I found what I needed to find and after that it lost its novelty.
I prefer to live in the moment than in the past and look to a brighter future!

As for memory I wasn't gifted with a good memory, in fact I think its naturally lazy I did however find that the more I used my memory the more vivid everything became as if I was growing into a more 4th dimensional being connecting my soul across both the past and future (looking into the past let's me see patterns that will manifest again in the future? like some sort of symmetry? So in a way looking into the past is like driving in reverse and looking at the road ahead to see how the road behind me might turn? and the more natural it felt the more I felt time was a part of me than a prison I lived in)
Old 01-01-2018, 05:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm Ki
Thanks for the fertilizer, Guthrio, that was a very kind answer to an earnest question and very clearly put, too.

Possibly the clearest I've read til now, in that kind of concentrated form - while still accessible to even a rookie (except I'd then edit out the references, to make it smoother to read).

Wonderful message to reflect on on the first day of a new year, too, why do I chose this reality at this moment - what keeps me here, what calls on me from elsewhere of one.

Happy New Year!

Thanks Realm Ki,

Happy New Year to you as well.

.... I'm hoping that plowing in the fertile fields of imagination will yield an awesome harvest of ideas to maturity this year.... though I'm thinking that seeds never seem to mind if the field looks a little choppy. Ever seen a perfectly smooth Field of Dreams? (Heh,heh)

Strange! Saying that just now caused me to answer the question...Yes. Reflecting in a mirror!
Old 01-01-2018, 05:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal.Vibe
I was looking for signs, synchronicities, trends etc across the span of my life to find hidden treasure or something?
I found a lot of stuff!
I mostly did it for entertainment.
In the end however I kind of got bored of the whole thing as I feel I found what I needed to find and after that it lost its novelty.
I prefer to live in the moment than in the past and look to a brighter future!

As for memory I wasn't gifted with a good memory, in fact I think its naturally lazy I did however find that the more I used my memory the more vivid everything became as if I was growing into a more 4th dimensional being connecting my soul across both the past and future (looking into the past let's me see patterns that will manifest again in the future? like some sort of symmetry? So in a way looking into the past is like driving in reverse and looking at the road ahead to see how the road behind me might turn? and the more natural it felt the more I felt time was a part of me than a prison I lived in)

Thanks again Vibe,

.... And welcome to the Forum. It just occurred to me that we all are given the opportunity to review our lifetimes during the interregnum between incarnations....in "cosmic technicolor", so to speak.

....which information is even available to us from concurrently-lived lifetimes, erroneously called "past lives" , experienced while we are yet HERE, if the lore is any indication! There are no "past" lives because there is no "time" in the Omnipresent NOW, not even in this "physical" realm. There is ONLY the present, without beginning or end.

I found an exceptional account in the "Autobiography of a Yogi", written by Paramahansa Yogananda, that may give you some equally intriguing avenues for thought. You'll see why when you read Chapter 43, of this book, referenced below. It certainly opened my eyes.

Here's a taste, where Yogananda poses this question to his former Master, Sri Yukteswar:

“Beloved Master,” I asked, “will you please describe more in detail the difference between rebirth on the earth and in the astral and causal spheres?"

I think you'll very much appreciate the 1st-hand knowledgeable detail of this answer.

Reference: https://www.ananda.org/autobiography/#chap43
Old 10-01-2018, 01:40 AM
Master
A questioner here on Spiritual Forums sparked me to consider something I'd never thought of before, but after thinking about it, made sense: "Do Fictional Realities Exist"?

I answered, yes!

How did I come to this conclusion?

I had to honestly ask myself whether an idea is fictional.

How would you answer that question?

This is how I did: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...9&postcount=14

Last edited by guthrio : 10-01-2018 at 04:19 AM.