Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 12-03-2018, 04:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I don't think there is a spiritual world and a physical world. That doesn't make any sense to me. I think there is one world. One thing I see happening is we tend to think the physical is mundane and unspiritual. I sense the opposite. The physical seems more spiritual to me than anything people usually call spiritual. We just don't see it because we're used to it and also are taught not to see it. Science is a breakthrough in human evolution because it sees the value in validating instead of assuming. This is the true path to finding answers, as well as understanding and experiencing spirituality imo.

Yes, that's how it is for me too. We have underestimated the strength of our imagination(s) up until now. But it is imagination that has brought the world those things which exist today in all forms. There is no such a thing which can be defined as spirituality - there are only two things: Mind and Matter. In my book evolution shows the workings of mind on matter, forming it and testing it to achieve betterment. Always and forever.

Apart from nature everything else which exists; countries, borders, wars, town squares, cities, swings, roads, spoons ... are the result of the human imagination.
Old 13-03-2018, 02:17 AM
Master
Do you see science and religion in conflict?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satorimind
I think they are complementary. One is the book of nature, the other is the book of faith.

I like Rabbi Jonathan Sacks quote from his great book, "The Great Partnership":

"Science takes things apart to see how they work; religion puts things together to see what they mean."

xx

Satorimind,

When the respective practitioners of what is semantically designated as "science" and "religion" are able to understand WHY the following statement is irrefutable Truth in either perspective....there will be no conflict:

"Perfection does not come from projecting our own ideas but from awakening to the knowledge that it is already the established order of things."

If this were not so, science would not know that 2+2 cannot equal 5. We can choose to believe that 2+2=5 for eternity until we have acquired FOR OURSELVES the necessary knowledge of the immutable principle that correctly sums the answer. But understand: using the knowledge INCORRECTLY will not change the Truth one whit !! Why ? Discovering that ALL the principles of Life operate perfectly, without variation, deviation, attenuation, OR exception for anyone, at anytime, anywhere is about as scientific an experience about Reality as you can have, isn't it?

If this were not so, religion would not know that ignorance of immutable Truth acts PRECISELY like ignorance of the perfect operation of a mathematical equation ALWAYS and INVARIABLY produces incorrect results. The solution can only be experienced when we recognize AND apply the Truth to ourselves or to the equation. And the CORRECT APPLICATION of the Truth results in a LIFE LIVED ABUNDANTLY...PRECISELY like the correct application of the perfect operation of a mathematical equation ALWAYS and INVARIABLY produces CORRECT results. The solution can only be experienced when we recognize AND apply the Truth to ourselves (just as in an equation).

THAT'S HOW you personally experience the immutable Truth of YOURSELF..... by direct experience OF IT. Then YOU KNOW the Truth, not merely believe "in" the Truth or have "faith" in the Truth, or have to be told "about" the Truth second-handedly. As indicated in the last reference: "We already live in a Perfect Universe, but It needs to be mentally seen before It can become a part of our experience."

Hope this, and the references, below helps you see why, again....

"Perfection does not come from projecting our own ideas but from awakening to the knowledge that it is already the established order of things."

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...44&postcount=1 See Volume 4, page 28/86, last sentence in paragraph 6.

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...2&postcount=42

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...5&postcount=18

Reference: http://www.newthoughtlibrary.com/hol...tm#Treatment33
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 13-03-2018 at 03:13 PM.