Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-12-2014, 09:55 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic
I dont get it, so there is a hell but for invited evil people. What evidence do you for this seeing as your are ironically making fun of another belief set.

Oh, and just to clarify one thing. I am not making fun of other belief sets, or religions if you will. I have not seen one religion that I did not find something good in, or one that did not have devout and kind followers. And I also respect that people are free to have whatever faiths they want. Btw it would be nice if more people in this world actually did have a freedom of faith. I have rather less sympathy with some of the preachers and leaders and how they practice what they preach - based on the known international criminal statistics - and the way some of these religions and churches completely rehash their definitions from one decade to the next. I could make a long list of what was canon before ww2 and completely different now, for a long number of religions.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
I am not making fun of other belief sets, or religions if you will. I have not seen one religion that I did not find something good in, or one that did not have devout and kind followers. And I also respect that people are free to have whatever faiths they want. Btw it would be nice if more people in this world actually did have a freedom of faith. I have rather less sympathy with some of the preachers and leaders and how they practice what they preach - based on the known international criminal statistics - and the way some of these religions and churches completely rehash their definitions from one decade to the next.

Quoting because what White Warrior wrote is important. Criticism is not, not, not the same thing as ridicule. I, too, have found something valuable and wonderful in all religions and traditions. I take what's good and leave the rest.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:12 AM
Master

There is evil in the world , and some nasty astral critters , but I believe the devil was made up by the church , to keep its members in line . Kinda like you tell a kid to behave or the monster will get them .
p.s. there is a guy that does remote viewing , he remote viewed an evil being he thought was the devil , so who knows .
Old 06-12-2014, 04:18 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
There is evil in the world , and some nasty astral critters , but I believe the devil was made up by the church , to keep its members in line . Kinda like you tell a kid to behave or the monster will get them .
p.s. there is a guy that does remote viewing , he remote viewed an evil being he thought was the devil , so who knows .
So who or what created "evil" then? What is the purpose of beings who cause only suffering and anguish? Who is responsible?
Old 06-12-2014, 12:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Does the devil exist in the afterlife? Will he have reign over certain evil souls or is just whomever comes within his way? Just curious

nope. he doesn't even exist at all.

kk
Old 12-12-2014, 07:06 AM
Newbie ;)

It's not as fun as you would think

Actually, I've meet him. And he's not one to be trusted.
To him, life is a big game that he plays with to his own leisure.

DO NOT TRUST HIM!

He took control of a friend of mine and almost got him killed.

So yes, he does exsist, but hell, not quite.

The devil does have a realm of his own, but as to my own knowledge, you don't simply go there cause your a sinner.
Hell, if he can trick into trusting him he can drag your soul there himself or his demons can. The ones that follow him anyway. so keep your eye out.

He may be a damned man, but he's a crafty damned man.
Old 17-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Master
This is a great question, but honestly I don't think anyone has a definite answer.
Truly the bible says there are fallen angels (which have been renamed as Satan or the Devil)
These fallen angels, actually do coincide with history (Giants etc)

That being said, I believe the EGO has alot to do with it. Do I believe in hell? I don't think so. Read the book LOVE WINS by rob bell.
I believe hell can be here on earth and I believe hell is a frame of mind.

If you live a life of selfish desires, greed, a hunger for power and with ulterior motives and cruel intentions.. then I believe you live in your own hell. You can never truly find happiness. This is a choice, this would be the devils way if there is one.

But living a life of selflessness, compassion, love, giving .. these are all the opposite, these are what bring true happiness.

Like Ms Hepburn says alot of it has to do with fear and doubt.

I hope you find your answers, you have to figure out what YOU Believe to be true.
Old 17-12-2014, 03:41 PM
Deactivated Account

No, the devil doesn't exist. Though I'm sure there's some 'devilish' type beings in the lower realms.
Old 17-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
So who or what created "evil" then? What is the purpose of beings who cause only suffering and anguish? Who is responsible?

We all create our own evil.
Old 17-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Experiencer
Quote:

It could be that evil is like darkness and love is light. Darkness is the absence of light. Evil is the absence of love.

There can be many reasons someone causes anguish and suffering. I think the main root causes of evil are fear and ignorance. Fear makes people intolerant against others, quick to condemn, uncharitable, disconnected. Ignorance of what we truly are and what it all means... This ignorance makes people place their priorities on things of this physical world, which won't do them any good once they go back to the spirit world. No one is stuck in fear and ignorance, though. Everyone has the capacity to gain knowledge and evolve. At least, that's what I believe is just and fair. So in this sense, there is no eternal hell, unless a person is eternally stubborn!