Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 15-01-2018, 05:39 PM
Master
I recall multiple times in the Bible when Jesus would go into the desert to pray and meditate for 3 days or so and leave his disciples to hold space for him while he went, sometimes instructing them to also be in prayer.
Sort of a Silent Solo Spiritual Retreat.
Old 15-01-2018, 07:41 PM
Ascender

There are lots of reasons to meditate. I have had a lot of profound experiences while meditating, such as connecting to spirit guides, other's consciousness or Higher Self, or other entities. I have been shown important experiences from past lives while meditating. The other day I was given a word while meditating, the word was pathema. I had never heard it before, but googled it and it is a Greek or Hebrew word for suffering. It has to do with the suffering of the Christ. That's pretty profound to me to get a word I never heard before and have it actually mean something.

It makes total sense to me that Jesus would have studied in India. Tibetan Buddhist monks meditate with the goal of achieving light body, some people believe this is what Jesus achieved. The Nag Hammadi texts apparently states that this was man's true form, before the fall, we existed in light body.
Old 15-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
It makes total sense to me that Jesus would have studied in India. Tibetan Buddhist monks meditate with the goal of achieving light body, some people believe this is what Jesus achieved. The Nag Hammadi texts apparently states that this was man's true form, before the fall, we existed in light body.

I was told this numerous times but didnt want to say it myself.

during the 12 yrs no one talks about....
Old 16-01-2018, 03:53 AM
Master
If Jesus was the "true son" of God,... ie the trinity? Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost... I don't think he needed instruction form anyone but the source, his father and the holy spirit. You know... the prayers he kept saying from his heart.

Go figure, pray over it, he did not meditate on "his" temple, but the fathers! His Fathers will he was determined to fulfill, eh.

God and Jesus are one through the workings of the Holy Spirit. And that's the spirit I want too, but my will is an abominable disgrace... Ah!

Anyway, God bless you all.

I love the Buddha, good head on his shoulders and a good heart too!

I think Jesus would have enjoyed his company.

Pray for me... I know there are some good angels here,!
Old 16-01-2018, 10:18 AM
Master
If it is true that Jesus went to India (Hindu) and Tibet (Buddhasim) which I believe he did, then he meditated.
Old 16-01-2018, 11:41 AM
Seeker

Hello everyone,

It’s been great reading everyone’s responses, very interesting and enlightening!
Old 16-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gar81
I came across something very interesting yesterday and it was about how Jesus spent time in India in his youth for 6 years, learning a lot of Buddhist and Hindu teachings and meditations. He apparently spent time in a monastery near the Himalayas. Then in the early 1900s a Russian explorer in the Himalayas Nicholas Notovich broke his leg and spent time recovering in this monastery and an old monk began telling him the story of Jesus staying there, the explorer was shown manuscripts which were wrote at the time Jesus stayed there and documented his life. When Nicholas Notovich recovered and got the manuscript translated he showed it to the world but much of the catholic and Indian faith said he and the manuscript was a fake. A famous Indian swami and critic of the manuscript actually went out to the monastery to examine it himself, he changed his mind and he agreed it was real , followed later by a scientist who also said it was real. Basically most of the manuscript said Jesus mediated intenseiy and taught it to others. If anyone is interested in reading this google Nicholas Notovich. I’m also wondering why in the catholic faith meditation is frowned upon and not a lot of mentioned in the bible, but I’m no expert either!
Thanks, that's interesting because I've heard the same thing that Jesus did some meditations that people call Kundalini Yoga today. I think anyone would have to do lots of practice like that to have the same powers, but they don't see the powers as great, just motivations to believe in a loving higher power and that we're connected to it. A guy went around looking for a teacher, and some showed him great powers like levitating, but he wasn't impressed, he was looking for someone who had something real that he could feel in his heart. He told the levitating guy, "that's not a big deal, planes can fly faster than you can." LOL

It's interesting that Jesus did meditations to gain powers, it means any of us can do the same. We're not worms and Jesus is far above us.. or any other prophet, guru, saint.. they're just people like us but who did a lot of meditations. For me it's like showering. If I miss a day I start to feel icky.
Old 16-01-2018, 04:57 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Thanks, that's interesting because I've heard the same thing that Jesus did some meditations that people call Kundalini Yoga today. I think anyone would have to do lots of practice like that to have the same powers, but they don't see the powers as great, just motivations to believe in a loving higher power and that we're connected to it. A guy went around looking for a teacher, and some showed him great powers like levitating, but he wasn't impressed, he was looking for someone who had something real that he could feel in his heart. He told the levitating guy, "that's not a big deal, planes can fly faster than you can." LOL

It's interesting that Jesus did meditations to gain powers, it means any of us can do the same. We're not worms and Jesus is far above us.. or any other prophet, guru, saint.. they're just people like us but who did a lot of meditations. For me it's like showering. If I miss a day I start to feel icky.

I believe Buddha and Jesus both stated that we're just as capable of everything they did. and they weren't any different than us.

May be mistaken though.
Old 16-01-2018, 07:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
I believe Buddha and Jesus both stated that we're just as capable of everything they did. and they weren't any different than us.

May be mistaken though.
I think you're right. If I'm not mistaken, Jesus said we can be even more powerful than him. That makes sense to me, because I think a good teacher desires his students to be better than himself.
Old 16-01-2018, 08:55 PM
Master

To expand on Gar81's comments, this is from reluctant-messenger.com in relation to Issa (as Jesus was known in the East):

In 1894 Nicolas Notovitch published a book called The Unknown Life of Christ. He was a Russian doctor who journeyed extensively throughout Afghanistan, India, and Tibet. Notovitch journeyed through the lovely passes of Bolan, over the Punjab, down into the arid rocky land of Ladak, and into the majestic Vale of Kashmir of the Himalayas. During one of his jouneys he was visiting Leh, the capital of Ladak, near where the buddhist convent Himis is. He had an accident that resulted in his leg being broken. This gave him the unscheduled opportunity to stay awhile at the Himis convent.

Notovitch learned, while he was there, that there existed ancient records of the life of Jesus Christ. In the course of his visit at the great convent, he located a Tibetan translation of the legend and carefully noted in his carnet de voyage over two hundred verses from the curious document known as "The Life of St. Issa."

He was shown two large yellowed volumes containing the biography of St. Issa. Notovitch enlisted a member of his party to translate the Tibetan volumes while he carefully noted each verse in the back pages of his journal.

When he returned to the western world there was much controversy as to the authenticity of the document. He was accused of creating a hoax and was ridiculed as an imposter. In his defense he encouraged a scientific expedition to prove the original tibetan documents existed.

One of his skeptics was Swami Abhedananda. Abhedananda journeyed into the arctic region of the Himalayas, determined to find a copy of the Himis manuscript or to expose the fraud. His book of travels, entitled Kashmir O Tibetti, tells of a visit to the Himis gonpa and includes a Bengali translation of two hundred twenty-four verses essentially the same as the Notovitch text. Abhedananda was thereby convinced of the authenticity of the Issa legend.

In 1925, another Russian named Nicholas Roerich arrived at Himis. Roerich, was a philosopher and a distinguished scientist. He apparently saw the same documents as Notovitch and Abhedananda. And he recorded in his own travel diary the same legend of St. Issa. Speaking of Issa, Roerich quotes legends which have the estimated antiquity of many centuries.

Further information is available in "The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ" written by Levi Dowling, published around 1908. Levi supposedly spent years learning to tune in to the Akashic records, before writing this book. Obviously the source is open to question, but Levi describes the activities of Jesus in India, Tibet and Ladakh.

The following is from the Aquarian Gospel:

1. Now, in the early morning Jesus came again to teach and heal. A light not comprehended shown about, as though some mighty spirit overshadowed him.
2. A magus noted this and asked him privately to tell from whence his wisdom came, and what the meaning of the light.
3. And Jesus said, There is a Silence where the soul may meet its God, and there the fount of wisdom is, and all who enter are immersed in light, and filled with wisdom, love and power.
4. The magus said, Tell me about this Silence and this light, that I may go and there abide.
5. And Jesus said, The Silence is not circumscribed; is not a place closed in with wall, or rocky steeps, nor guarded by the sword of man.
6. Men carry with them all the time the secret place where they might meet their God.
7. It matters not where men abide, on mountain top, in deepest vale, in marts of trade, or in the quiet home; they may at once, at any time, fling wide the door, and find the Silence, find the house of God; it is within the soul.
8. One may not be so much disturbed by noise of business, and the words and thoughts of men if he goes all alone into the valley or the mountain pass.
9. And when life's heavy load is pressing hard, it is far better to go out and seek a quiet place to pray and meditate.
10. The Silence is the kingdom of the soul which is not seen by human eyes.
11. When in the Silence, phantom forms mat flit before the mind; but they are all subservient to the will; the master soul may speak and they are gone.
12. If you would find this Silence of the soul you must yourself prepare the way. None but the pure in heart may enter here.
13. And you must lay aside all tenseness of the mind, all business cares, all fears, all doubts and troubled thoughts.
14. Your human will must be absorbed by the divine; then you will come into a consciousness of holiness.
15. You are in the Holy Place, and you will see upon a living shrine the candle of the Lord aflame.
16. And when you see it burning there, look deep into the temple of your brain, and you will see it all aglow.
17. In every part, from head to foot. are candles all in place, just waiting to be lighted by the flaming torch of love.
18. And when you see the candles all aflame, just look, and you will see, with eyes of soul, the waters of the fount of wisdom rushing on; and you may drink, and there abide.
19. And then the curtains part, and you are in the Holiest of All, where rests the Arc of God, whose covering is the Mercy Seat.

Peace.