Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 22-01-2015, 01:13 PM
TexasGirl888

First session of reiki

Hi --
I had my first reiki appointment yesterday. I wasn't sure what to expect at all, but I just felt like it might be the right thing to do.

Going backwards for a second -- in a Kundalini yoga class on Sunday, the kriya lead to a sensation that nerves were going off in my face, zinging along, zig zagging all around my face, and my eyes were twitching quickly.

Ok, back to yesterday's reiki. The practioner started at my head, and the very second she touched me, my face went back into the exact same firing off with zig zagging nerves and eye twitching. She asked if I was ok, and I murmured yes.

Afterwards, she said when I touched your head, I saw a lot of smoke come from your abdominal area. She said I released a lot, and the smoke was the reason she'd asked if I was ok.

I'm not new to yoga, but I am new to reiki and also really understanding energy. Does that sound like a normal occurrence? Any relationship to the similar sensation in my kundalini yoga class days before? And the smoke?
Old 24-01-2015, 03:56 AM
Pathfinder
The smoke emanating does signify release of pent up emotions at navel chakra.I got initiated in August 2014 .I feel intense heat and pulse at my navel because of my kundalini energy overload.Mine was a case of spiritual emergency.
Old 28-01-2015, 10:41 PM
4everLove

I do reiki and a friend and I will do energy trades. I have had smoke come off of me when she does it or it will come off of someone else when I do it on them. Like what anand said, it is a lot of pent of up energy that needed to be released. Did you like the experience? Sometimes it's nice to get those tune-ups now and then if you ever go again.

Best wishes!