Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 16-11-2010, 09:21 PM
hdizzy

Isnt law of attraction contradicting other spiritual concepts/promoting denial?

Hi,

Im 22, male, and trying to get my head around the law of attraction. Ive only recently discovered it by reading into spirituality and watching the movie, 'The Secret'.

Apperently, you are meant to pretend you already have the thing you want (so it can be attracted to you) and not focus on what you dont have (otherwise that will be attracted to you instead)

Well, say someone breaks up with a long term partner of 10 years. The law of attraction would surely be telling this person NOT to focus on the break up or the lonliness (otherwise this will attract more of it). Instead, the law of attraction would ask that the person pretend that they are happy and still have a partner (so that happiness and a new partner can be attracted to them)

But isnt that abit silly? If people walk around in denial and not express feelings when hurt/angry (which by the way, spirituality says to WELCOME these emotions and NOT push them away), then wont this cause 'blockages' in the body and repressed emotions and lead to physical illnesses (another concept of spirituality)

Seems some spiritual concepts seem conflicting!

Any insight?
Old 16-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Gerryh

You don't pretend anything really with the LOA.It is about manifesting what it is that you want in your life.It is about realising that you have the ability to attract whatever it is that you want.IF you wish to have a relationship then you use your imagination to find what that would feel like.(That is the essence of what it is.)Then because you are sending out a certain frequency to the universe or god (whatever you want to call it) you will get the corresponding frequency in return.You don't pretend to be happy, you have actually got to feel happy.There is a big difference between the two.You work your way up the emotional scale.You can't jump from resentment,anger etc to happiness because the leap is too far.You are at hurt/angry ,soon you will start moving to accepting and be able to move forward.Takes time.!0 yrs is a long time to be with someone.Just know when you are ready the right person for you will be waiting.
Best wishes Gerry
Old 16-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Deactivated Account

hi hdizzy,

I have read the book and seen the movie " the Secret ". At the time I thought this was the "secret to manifesting " what it is you want. Since then I have read a variety of other manifestation books and the latest one I read, I believe is the best of the group. It is called " Write it Down, Make it Happen " by Henriette Klauser. I know your question wasn't asking for another book to read, but I have used the suggestions in this book and I do believe it works ! Just something you , or the person who just broke up from the 10 yr relationship, might want to read.

I think the law of attraction is asking you to focus on what it is that you want to manifest/ attract ~ such as positive thoughts create positive results. Yet, at the same time it is logical that one might first need to deal with the emotions resulting from the breakup, so these thoughts don't carry over to the attracting what it is you do want.

Confusing a bit, not knowing who to address, you or the person with the breakup ~ anyways, if you read the book I mentioned above, there is an example in there of a person writing a letter to the person she wants to meet, she is writing as if it is happening in the now, and she is looking forward to meeting this person, she even writes down what it is she is looking for in her soulmate / husband to be.... and would you believe ? yes, she does meet him exactly as she asks for, and they meet, get married and so far are living happily ever after.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 17-11-2010, 12:46 AM
hdizzy

Hi,

Thanks Gerryh and Dream Angel for the info. Im only recently getting into spirituality after years of being depressed and unhappy. Its all abit confusing, im glad people are answering my questions on this forum, makes it all abit clearer.

Dream Angel, I will have a look for that book. The relationship break up was just an example, it wasnt me or anyone i know.

My own problem is that I have acne and it has controlled my life. I dont leave the house for months on end because of it and also have never formed a relationship or lasting friendships because of lack of confidence and hating the way i look.

So according to the law of attraction, what should i be doing? Should I be visualising that I have perfect acne-free clear skin? Be picturing in my mind that I am walking in public with my head held high?

My main concern is whether the sub-conscious mind can really be that easily fooled? Il give you an example, Ive had acne for 5 years and its depressed me for the whole time. If i start visualising clear skin, The Secret says I will only send those vibrations and attract clear skin if i REALLY BELIEVE in it. But how can i REALLY BELIEVE I have clear skin, when I dont? I can say 'i have clear skin'......i can also picture it, but i can surely no way fool my mind (conscious or sub conscious) that ive got clear skin when i actually havnt. My mind knows ive had acne for 5 years and is surely sophisticated enough to know that it hasnt gone away in this 5 minutes of me doing visualisations. So, how can i really send out the right vibrations?

Also, when i look in the mirror, isnt my subconscious (as well as conscious) mind going to undo the work of my visualisations when it then sees that i have acne and not the clear skin that ive been visualising?

aaaaaargggggghhhhhh, its so confusing! Maybe im overthinking it and should just do it, Dream Angel, any suggestion as to what 'Write it down, Make it happen' would suggest for this particular problem (of my acne, and me wanting it to go away)?

Thanks! :)
Old 17-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Deactivated Account

hi hdizzy,

I was thinking you are a little young, if that 10 yr relationship breakup was you

I can now understand your questioning regarding the law of attraction and the Secret and the book I suggested, in regards to your acne problem. I am not sure exactly how this would work, but one can only give it a try. There is another area of the forum with health topics, and natural remedies, not sure if there is anything in there that might be of help.

I will see if I can find any other suggestions for you.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

ps I just saw your post, haven't read it yet, that you posted in the Auras section.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 17-11-2010, 09:10 AM
eternaLight

Lightbulb ~*~

My understanding of the law of attraction is that positive thoughts and feelings will manifest positive realities and negative thoughts and feelings will manifest negative realities. And the 'Secret' is just one interpretation of this 'law'... it is basically cause and effect on a non-physical level...

Last edited by eternaLight : 17-11-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 17-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Master
it's true, live "as if" it already exists, believe it possible, then go beyond that and KNOW it is possible, daydream about it, think about it, keep hope alive man~! in that way you make an agreement with the desired state, and lead yourself to it, and likewise, it to you, if interested i can give links to some books about it, you can read them online for free...
Old 17-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Osian

Those were my exact thoughts hen i stumbled upon THE SECRET and louise hay etc. I thought i would just be kidding myself aand setting myself up for massive dissapointment you understand. I recently done a 12 step porogramme which clears any negative thinking and enables me to ask, believe and recieve not through means of selfishness and not to come from fear or resentment, by doing this following the secret becomes easy so i'm not kidding myself, i am simply trusting in life and knowing that i deserve all good that the universe has to offer me as long as i believe in myself the world will believe in me etc.
Old 17-11-2010, 04:14 PM
hdizzy

Thanks for the info everyone,

I think the key is to maybe clear the negative emotions first then, like you did Horse Lover, and then i guess its easier to think positive. Im glad im not the only one that has had trouble with this law of attraction then.

Shabda, I know you say 'live as if it already exists' but thats the problem. Isnt that easy to say but impossible to do? The Secret says those same kind of phrases as well, they make it seem so simple. 'Live as if you are already rich' 'believe that you have the perfect partner'....'it will only work if you truly believe it'.......it says those kind of statements, but how is this really possible. We cant live like we are already rich, because at the back of our mind we know that we cant go out and buy a new ferrari or move house to a mansion etc. And if we were to live like we were already really rich then we would quit our boring 9-5 jobs, but obviously we still carry on going to our 9-5 jobs, which we wouldnt do if we were rich, so how can we 'really believe' and 'live like it alreaddy exists' when our everyday actions are contradicting it?!

Yes please Shabda, some links would be helpful! thanks

Thanks everyone
Old 17-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Gerryh

To change your subconscious mind you can use subliminal affirmations(available on cd's) NLP or EFT anyone of them work provided you use them continously for a period of 30 days.Once you are free from the pattern things happen very fast.
Best wishes Gerry