Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Knower

Learning about runes

I would like to start learning about runes. I have no clue where to start though lol. Can anyone give me some tips? I really don't know anything about them other than the obvious that they are a divination tool.
Thanks!!!

Also should I make my own or buy them? :)
Old 22-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Knower
Smile

Hi Little Wolf. I'm making my own at the moment - using soft rocks that I handpick on walks in the mountain, and carving the rune symbols into them. I've done some internet research, but I really find that books are the best way to learn for me. Have a look whether your local library might have a book about Runes, otherwise go to the nearest large/city library to you to find one. Rather than buying a book, use the library book/s to make notes for yourself about each of the runes - I have notes that are the size of 'speech notes' -you know, those cue cards you use when you have to do public speaking, about 7cm x 7cm each - drawing the symbol and then writing its associations and meanings. You could also buy yourself a little notebook and dedicate one or two pages to each Rune symbol.

If you have a smart phone, download the Galaxy Runes app, it gives you a Rune each day, with its interpretation, element, polarity and associated plant. Every day you read about a different symbol, and eventually you start knowing the symbols.

Here's your first rune to learn:
Kenaz = TORCH

Vision, creativity, inspiration, revelation, illumination

Rebirth through sacrifice -- Creation through fire. This is the rune of the artisan, and often will frequently appear in readings for those engaged in artistic ventures or seeking creative solutions. New ideas shine brightly in the darkness. What was once gloomy is now brilliantly lit by the introduction of creativity, light-giving energy and radiant warmth. The torch of Kenaz represents illumination and an immense store of divine knowledge.

The ability to create your own reality. You do not need to live in the reality manufactured by others or society; you are your own reality artist and engineer.

Element: FIRE
Polarity: Female

Very thorough explanation here: runesecrets.com/rune-meanings/kenaz

.................................................. ..................................

Right click and save this image - set as your desktop background or print it out and keep it somewhere where you'll see it often:

Another good link: www.sunnyway.com/runes
When you allow yourself to flow, you allow yourself to live. When you allow yourself to be happy, you allow others to be happy around you. When you allow yourself to be whole, you help heal those around you.
Old 22-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Knower

Wow! Thank you so much for this information!! I would love to make my own and I have diamond bits as well in case I need those for my dremel. I will look into some books but when I went to the bookstore they had one book on runes which was a good book but it was like $35. Thank you again so much!!!
Old 21-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Ascender
I may also point out that Thurisaz, or Thorn, is a gateway Rune. It opens gateways, so use that one with caution, as well as Isa. Never draw Thorn on your skin, because it stays there long after you clean it off. Same with any rune really.