Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 10-12-2019, 04:22 AM
Lepus

Book1 Tree Magick

Hello

Does anyone incorporate trees into their practice?

Lepus
Old 10-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Knower

Sticks, leaves, seeds (such as pinecones), and the spirits of trees and their guardians are an important part of my practice. I feel we owe a lot to trees, and that they are some of the most benevolent and powerful nature spirits.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:59 PM
Lepus

Hi

Thank you for your input. I was inspired to make this thread from a video I've seen a while back by a witch who wanted to utilize trees for magical purposes. Surprisingly, this topic was never mentioned here under Wicca unless I've unconsciously skipped over the thread. Anyway, what kind of trees have you worked with for specific spellwork? I've seen a willow tree somewhere close to my area that I might go visit. Other than that, I am not too familiar with the trees here. I did order several books on tree magick that I can use for a quick reference. The books will include several recipes for spells, elixirs, potions, and tools using tree parts. In addition, the books include magical properties that certain trees may employ for specific workings and how to identify them. So I'm definitely looking forward to that. And if anyone would like to share their workings with specific trees or provide some ideas then don't hesitate to share.

Lepus
Old 10-12-2019, 07:43 PM
Knower

The one that I have been working with most recently, is birch, specifically paper birch. Paper birch bark is great for spells working with transformation, and birch generally is for new growth. I also happen to think they're very beautiful, they are my favorite tree since I was a child.

Oak is a common one native to most places, and elm and yew are both common in magic. I've also worked a bit with gingko leaf which is used in chinese traditional medicine.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Lepus

Hello

I can see the difference with paper birch as oppose to other papers I've seen. I've mostly used notebook paper to write my petitions. Parchment is utilized more often in spell work and goes way back in history. It's not the same parchment material witches use today than witches from the past used. But witching purist will insist on using "true" parchment (calfskin/animal skin) for spell work. I personally don't see any difference with any writing materials used. It's all about the intention and how much energy and time is conveyed.

Anyway, I am familiar with most of the tree names used for magick but I wouldn't be able to distinguish it. I'd need to view the images first and compare them to the actual tree if I ever do encounter with any of the listed trees used in witchcraft. Fortunately, certain trees have unique characteristics to tell apart from the other trees, like the witch tree. It's usually on the edge of a cliff. Funnily enough, I have a book cover of a witch tree. And I've seen the willow tree which I am certain the one closest to my area is a weeping tree.

Thanks for sharing!

Lepus
Old 11-12-2019, 08:38 PM
Knower

No problem. Since you have a book on tree magick coming, I'll give you a tip which might not be in it: To maximize the effect of your magick, consider developing a relationship with the spirits of the trees in your area, and even invoke them in your spellcraft when using materials from trees.

Also, I do not write on the paper birch bark! I use it as an ingredient.

Good day :)
Old 12-12-2019, 03:38 AM
Lepus

Hello

That makes sense. I always knew to leave an offering and asking permission before taking something from a tree. I think different trees require different offerings. The willow tree for example, would accept a silver coin with nine black beans wrapped in red cloth in exchange for its magical services. The weeping tree can heal someone from grievance from what I've read. So I thought that was interesting.

Lepus
Old 12-12-2019, 04:57 PM
Experiencer

I use them as a foundation and way to connect with Mother Earth. As their roots go deep into the ground.

I kind've picture trees in a similar way to Eywa that's represented by the colorful willow tree in the movie Avatar.
Old 13-12-2019, 12:47 AM
Lepus

Hello

Walking in the woods really does help remove unwanted negative thoughts. Especially when no one is around. I had the fortune to walk in a remote area where human eyes are rarely seen. It's quite relaxing and peaceful. I've had taken a brief moment before to place my hand on a random tree expressing my thoughts. I felt the energy shift. I was more at ease. On an unrelated note, I've had seen many blue jays and cardinals on that day. Even had the opportunity to spot a white-tailed deer. So I was pretty happy about that. Definitely felt connected with Mother Earth. I really enjoyed going into the woods. I might head out there again when the temperature starts to warm up.

I have yet to see the movie Avatar.

Lepus
Old 13-12-2019, 06:39 PM
Knower

That's exactly what I meant about developing a relationship :)