Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 07-03-2020, 08:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis Armand
Opposites attract. The idea that like attracts like is pseudo, fake news.

The law of accidents says that yes, accidents do happen, even to good people. It was an accident, nothing more.
To understand that like attracts like, you first have to understand what energy really is. And if you're gonna wait for science to catch up, then you will have to wait a few more years at least.

The foundation is already there, but it takes time for the integration into the mainstream science to happen. As all sciences come to a unified mathematical foundational understanding.
Old 22-03-2020, 02:13 AM
Seeker

In response to your post topic "I am having my doubts about like attracts like"

I have found "The Law of attraction" to not be the proper title for what it is suppose to represent, and may be the reason some can be confused in their understandings of it. It is close, but not accurate.

The proper name for this Spiritual Law is "What you put out is what you get back". We don't really attract anything outside of a magnetic personality.

If what we are thinking in any given moment is of a negative nature such as anger, fear, judgement and so on, then we will get a more negative response back from others. But if we are thinking in any given moment is of a more positive nature such as happiness, love, joy and so on, then we will get a more positive response back from others.

For example: A few years back when I first discovered this law and found it to work just as the proper name for it describes, I checked and adjusted my attitude before I left to go out and about. I held the attitude of love; joy and happiness and that everything was perfect in my world from place to place. I was at first a little surprised at the difference my maintained attitude made. People were friendlier and happier than I remembered them to be, and more willing to smile and say something nice to me and others.

Practicing this better outlook on life has helped my spiritual growth and understandings, and I hope it will help yours.

Love and kindness
namaste
Old 22-03-2020, 02:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokey
If what we are thinking in any given moment is of a negative nature such as anger, fear, judgement and so on, then we will get a more negative response back from others. But if we are thinking in any given moment is of a more positive nature such as happiness, love, joy and so on, then we will get a more positive response back from others.
Definitely better!

Although, I wouldn't go as far as to say that we're here to learn to "love", as some people believe.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 22-03-2020, 03:06 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Definitely better!

Although, I wouldn't go as far as to say that we're here to learn to "love", as some people believe.
Everyone is here for a different reason. Some might be here to learn "love", some might be here to learn to love themselves, some might be here to learn sacrifice, others to have fun, and etc., etc. That's why we can't judge what is going on with anyone but ourselves.
Old 22-03-2020, 04:36 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokey
I have found "The Law of attraction" to not be the proper title for what it is suppose to represent,
and may be the reason some can be confused in their understandings of it. It is close, but not accurate.

The proper name for this Spiritual Law is "What you put out is what you get back".
We don't really attract anything outside of a magnetic personality.
*shortened*
I enjoy your posts.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-03-2020, 05:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
Everyone is here for a different reason. Some might be here to learn "love", some might be here to learn to love themselves, some might be here to learn sacrifice, others to have fun, and etc., etc. That's why we can't judge what is going on with anyone but ourselves.
Not sure what made you say that when replying to my post. It reads as you judged me, because you believe I judge others, which you have to agree is a contradiction. Anyway, it doesn't matter.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 23-03-2020, 01:33 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
I think this is an unhealthy way of thinking

If something bad happens to you, it's NOT always your fault. This world is filled with problems. Yes sometimes bad things do happen to good people for no fault of their own. It's completely absurd to think that because something bad might have happened to you, that you attracted it.

What's worse, this idea perpetuates fear, fear of your own thoughts. It's impossible not to have negative thoughts. How are you going to deal with your own fears if you don't face them? How do you better understand something without understanding it's opposite?

Writing a positive book about a toxic person isn't going to solve their problem. Writing happy thoughts about a job you hate isn't going to make you fall in love with it. Sometimes common sense is missing in spiritual teachings.

I like your clear thinking on this topic. I usually am silent on this particular topic for several reasons including it's really personal to a lot of people and it's also a topic I don't know everything about. I guess as time progresses my view is becoming clearer to me given what I have experienced so far in life. I often say "I make my own fate." which is what I generally go with. The ingredients I use most of the time are some understandings like 'life will do what it wants', 'I trust myself and what I want', 'life is actually pretty smart', and 'what will be is what will be'. I feel that freedom is unrelenting and will not be stopped. Life will do what it wants and I don't mean we let it so it does I mean more like it's just what is going to be and if I can't deal with it I need to learn how. However I am apart of life and I am in charge of me as an individual. I may have my circumstances but I will do what I want with what I got too. For 'manifestation' and how this relates it's pretty much just life/how things come out can do anything it wants, so will I, if it wants to make things better or maybe just something fun and inspiring it can if it wants with me. If not, whatever. That's how I 'do it'. But yeah like attracting like. I think whatever life has many ways there is a natural way to be which includes not liking our jobs sometimes and it's how it's supposed to be. We are supposed to not like things about life sometimes. We are fine as we are I always think. Human. Irregular. Maybe symmetrical whatever. Not liking life is apart of things how else would we know to change it or how to evolve?
Old 23-03-2020, 08:18 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
To understand that like attracts like, you first have to understand what energy really is. And if you're gonna wait for science to catch up, then you will have to wait a few more years at least.

The foundation is already there, but it takes time for the integration into the mainstream science to happen. As all sciences come to a unified mathematical foundational understanding.
Man attracts woman, melancholic temperaments attract sanguines. Again, opposites attract.
Old 23-03-2020, 10:11 PM
Hope this helps-

"Jerry:
Abraham, there‘s a statement that doesn‘t seem to blend with what we‘ve heard from you.
And that statement is ― Opposites attract.
That seems different from what you teach, as far as ―like attracting like.

For instance, opposites do seem to attract,
like an outgoing man will marry a shy woman, or an outgoing woman will be attracted to a shy man.

Abraham: Everything you see and everyone you know is offering vibrational signals, and those signals must match
before attraction can take place.
So even in a situation where people seem to be different, there must be a dominant basis of vibrational similarity for them to be together.
It is Law.
Within all people there are vibrations of that which is wanted and vibrations of the lack of what is wanted,
and everything that comes into their experience always matches the vibrations that are dominant. No exceptions.

Let us introduce the word harmony. When two are exactly the same, then their intentions cannot be fulfilled.
In other words, one who wants to sell does not do well to attract another seller.
But the attracting of a buyer brings forth the harmony.

The shy man attracts an outgoing woman because his intention is to be more outgoing,
so he is actually attracting the subject of his intention.
The magnetized skillet, whose essence is of iron, will attract to itself another object whose essence is of iron
(that is, a bolt or a nail or another iron skillet)
but it will not attract a skillet that is made of copper or aluminum.

When you set your radio receiver to the frequency of 98.7FM, you cannot pick up the signal of 630AM being
broadcast from a radio tower.

Those frequencies must match.

There is no vibrational evidence, anywhere in the Universe,
that supports the idea that opposites attract.
They do not."

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-03-2020, 11:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hope this helps-
Interesting quote.