Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-07-2020, 09:54 PM
Suspended

King James Bible
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Douay-Rheims Bible
I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.

Mary= The Woman
Her seed= Her Church
She defends it

King James changed the last sentence to mean something else which lead to the snake hurts Jesus heel? But he goofed and forgot to change Her Church to His Church or His seed. He left is as Her seed= Her Church. Which showed she defends Her seed. And is the correct version.

Which means what is Thy Church?
Old 16-07-2020, 11:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian100
King James Bible
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Douay-Rheims Bible
I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.

Mary= The Woman
Her seed= Her Church
She defends it

King James changed the last sentence to mean something else which lead to the snake hurts Jesus heel? But he goofed and forgot to change Her Church to His Church or His seed. He left is as Her seed= Her Church. Which showed she defends Her seed. And is the correct version.

Which means what is Thy Church?

"The Church" did not come into existent less then two millenniums ago. So what "Church" are you writing about?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 17-07-2020, 12:43 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Do you have any proof to substantiate what you wrote?

Yeah these two scriptures.. one is wrong and one is right.
Old 17-07-2020, 01:54 AM
Master
King James Bible

Douay-Rheims Bible

The Hebrew Masoretic Text, which precedes the King James 1611 Bible and the Douay-Rheims Bible by about 7 centuries, is almost in agreement with the 1611 King James translations.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 17-07-2020, 02:32 AM
Suspended

I know already what it says..

Jews say him and her seed
Catholics say her seed
Prots say his seed.

But KJB said her seed.

her Church

So who is

Thy Church?

Translated to this:
I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy church and her church: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.

Last edited by Brian100 : 17-07-2020 at 04:43 AM.
Old 22-07-2020, 10:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian100
I know already what it says..

Jews say him and her seed
Catholics say her seed
Prots say his seed.

But KJB said her seed.

her Church

So who is

Thy Church?

Translated to this:
I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy church and her church: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.
I guess you did not read what I wrote.

That is okay. So lets leave it at that.... Okay?

Old 22-10-2020, 11:30 AM
Master
Jesus prophetically spoke in Matthew 7:15 that a time would come when the Word of God would be 'deliberately distorted when he said:

“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."

When we look today at key Christian Doctrines, we can notice that what is written in the Bible, has been in many cases, altered over the centuries, to mean almost the opposite of what is written. An example is Hell. People, for the most part, believe Hell is a place of torture even though Hell is not really used in most modern Bible that have properly corrected and erradicated that false teaching.

Old 17-12-2020, 05:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Jesus prophetically spoke in Matthew 7:15 that a time would come when the Word of God would be 'deliberately distorted when he said:

“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."

When we look today at key Christian Doctrines, we can notice that what is written in the Bible, has been in many cases, altered over the centuries, to mean almost the opposite of what is written. An example is Hell. People, for the most part, believe Hell is a place of torture even though Hell is not really used in most modern Bible that have properly corrected and eradicated that false teaching.

An interesting point is, HELL is not mentioned in the Hebrew Bible.

Jews did not believe in HELL...... neither did Jesus.

It should be noted that the Greeks believed in a HELL.

When the Hebrew Bible was translated from Hebrew to Greek, there were certain Hebrew words that did not have an equivalent Greek word. Instead of the word coming over as a share word, it came over, in many cases, as another Greek word which corrupted what was originally written in Hebrew.

Old 17-12-2020, 10:40 AM
Master
Quote:
An interesting point is, HELL is not mentioned in the Hebrew Bible.

Jews did not believe in HELL...... neither did Jesus.

It should be noted that the Greeks believed in a HELL.

When the Hebrew Bible was translated from Hebrew to Greek, there were certain Hebrew words that did not have an equivalent Greek word. Instead of the word coming over as a share word, it came over, in many cases, as another Greek word which corrupted what was originally written in Hebrew.

' Jews did not believe in HELL...... neither did Jesus.'

He obviously DID believe in Hell according to,

Jesus Words About Hell and Eternal Judgment
The Gospel of Matthew.....

Matt 5:22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.
Matt 5:29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
Matt 5:22, 29-30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
Mat 10:28 “And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Mat 11:23 And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to hell; for if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
Mat 16:18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 18:9 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.
Mat 23:15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.
Mat 23:33 Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell.

And many more examples in the NT. This article may help....

https://reasonsforhopejesus.com/jesus-say-hell/
Old 17-12-2020, 11:34 AM
Master
The Eternality of Hell.

Matthew 25:46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Then we have...

John 3:16-17 Eternal life is granted by believing in Him.

So pity those who didn't know of Jesus and still don't..... They are condemned for eternity. If you believe in every word written in Scripture that is.