Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 30-04-2015, 04:38 PM
Experiencer
Can negative entities disguise themselves as 'God'?

This article, about a supposed asteroid apocalypse in September, really caught my attention.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1813936/ast...t-catastrophe/

And not for the content itself - just the fact that someone claimed God sourced him with this information.

How many times have we heard something like this? 'God' warns of an impending doomsday, spreads subsequent panic/hysteria - all for nothing to ever occur? I'm not doubting this man channeled someone. I just highly doubt it was God.

Thought this was an interesting point to discuss in the safety of channeling and how you can confirm authenticity of who you're hearing from.
Old 30-04-2015, 05:26 PM
Master
this is the thing about channeling and just as concerning is the more recent "downloaded" material that some are sharing, where chunks of information are given instantly, to the person from another dimension. The info may have some truth in it but it is representative of a particular point of view that most likely isn't in the best interest of humanity. It wants us to circulate that particular agenda.

This catastrophe spin comes from the revelations doctrine. Future events can not be predicted, it is fluid, with many possibilities and many variables.
If enough people believe the prophecy, then it does become probably. This is why they are spreading their "impending doom".

this is my opinion after having researched four well known mediums, who each channel in different manners.
Old 30-04-2015, 07:53 PM
Knower
Be careful what you read from the Inquisitr, it's like an internet tabloid sometimes!

As for the end of the world predictions, they're all bogus. Every day there's a new prediction by somebody who heard from somewhere that it will be the end of the world. Like every year. Remember 2012? I don't.

People can channel messages from something negative, and it's up to that person how they identify it and the source. It can also be their own mind or "ego" wanting to spread paranoia either to the channeller and/or other people. People say "god" tells them to do or say things all of the time. Some people even think "god" wants sacrifices and all that.

I'm not saying all messages from other sources have to be all bunnies and rainbows, which it's not because that's absurd, but if it were from God then it wouldn't be to one person and wouldn't preach death and destruction all the time.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:59 AM
Ravenspirit

One of the reasons I have admittedly never felt very comfortable with channeling, automatic writing is because I think it's all too easy for this to happen. I'm a bit leery of knocking on metaphysical doors sans any real knowledge of who is on the other side. I've seen quite a few channelers over the years and read the literature of a few of the more famous ones and for the most part I'm just not very comfortable with what they have to say. I see more of ego in their writings than anything else.

Recently I ran across an old documentary on channeling on You Tube that led me to an interesting book by a guy named Joe Fisher called The Siren Song of Hungry Ghosts. I was very sad to read later that he was dead, had committed suicide poor guy, and that his experiences with channeling and negative entities might have something to do with that. Some of his friends apparently felt it did anyway. It was pretty shocking reading about it. I mean I've read something of negative experiences with channeling and the like but this was just not something I'd run across an experience so negative that it could affect someone like this?

There was a point in my life where I could have very easily gotten involved with channeling and mediumship on a personal basis. The latter is supposedly something I have a talent for. But I just wasn't comfortable with it. My gut just inevitably said "No. Stay away from that. It's not safe..." It would seem that gift comes with some kind of spiritual discernment and I'm grateful for that because I think otherwise I might have gotten into some things that ultimately might have been very bad for me.

FYI, I'm not coming from a particularly religious place. I dislike labels when it comes to my spirituality, but I do believe in angels, guides. I have personal reason to do so. I'm very careful about things like contacting spirits, angels, etc. I just feel that maybe it's unwise to do so because it's ultimately a kind of spiritual guesswork and you have to trust that whatever comes through is benign and from what I've seen and read it's often not. I've seen positive entities but I've also seen negative entities, whatever you want to call them. I've felt them, seen their negative influence in friend's lives, and I don't want something like that anywhere near my mind, playing with me, playing with my ego to get whatever it might want.

I think humans, particularly loving and spiritually inclined humans can be a little too trusting at times and I think entities like this know that and that they do try to take advantage by posing as angels of light. The few times I've had something like that try to enter my life, by the efforts of others into channeling and the like, it's always come off as a positive and usually very attractive being but at the same time looking with my inner sight it was like looking at a particularly nice piece of fruit and somehow knowing that inside that beautiful skin it was rotten and full of worms. I just knew it was not what it appeared to be and that I needed to stay far away.

I think if you are going to go there you had better be prepared for that. I'm not saying it's 100% impossible that whatever you channel might be benign, but I think it's far more likely that you're going to run into some kind of parasite entity looking for someone to latch onto to use, to fool, to take from. My gut level feeling is that most channeled entities are lower entities just looking to influence and experience things through humans. I think that letting other entities step into yourself is not just very safe in some ways. You do that you leave yourself very vulnerable. It's each person's call to make but personally I won't do that.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:08 AM
Master
Sure and they do it all the time, channeled or not.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:48 PM
Everly

As to the OP's original question.... Only if you believe those "negative entities" exist. (Not everyone believes in such things.)
Old 03-05-2015, 06:57 PM
Knower
Dark beings can and do sometimes pretend they are beneficial light beings. I have experienced this many times in the work I used to do. Archangel Michael once instructed me to remember and know how he feels to me. So I can always know if it is really him. HOWEVER it is important to not live in fear of this. Please just know that if you feel something or someone is light then they are. And you can trust that. If ever you are in question, I might suggest saying the lords prayer. It is said that there is an imprint in it that has such a high vibration that it burns those that have turned from the light. It does not burn them up. But rather it causes them to feel burning from the light of the prayer/imprint. I have seen this myself. And it is correct. I no longer do the work I once did. But I did learn a lot while I was doing it.

Again, please do not fear. Just know that you will attract those who are living and working in the light. <3
Old 03-05-2015, 11:23 PM
Experiencer

Hi Lili what work did you use to do ???
Old 03-05-2015, 11:44 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur de Frost
This article, about a supposed asteroid apocalypse in September, really caught my attention.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1813936/ast...t-catastrophe/

And not for the content itself - just the fact that someone claimed God sourced him with this information.

How many times have we heard something like this? 'God' warns of an impending doomsday, spreads subsequent panic/hysteria - all for nothing to ever occur? I'm not doubting this man channeled someone. I just highly doubt it was God.

Thought this was an interesting point to discuss in the safety of channeling and how you can confirm authenticity of who you're hearing from.

God doesn't always say nice things and God doesn't always tell you the truth. People always assume that a message from 'God' will be nice.

I think some people need to feel fear to feel alive. Maybe God was trying to do them a favour.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:38 PM
Knower
Yes. I have met several powerful entities who tried to claim they were such. When you meet god, you can just feel it.