Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-07-2015, 11:54 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
And no I didn't class you as a doubter, my focus was more on Being, not you.

To various degrees & in various ways people are stuck in the collective unconscious - the collective/shared consensus reality. imo.

That informs them of what is/isn't possible & how 'reality' is.

Think it's very debatable how many people are genuinely really free of that to any degree? As per the OP.
Old 28-07-2015, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Oh dear. Sorry to have caused you the necessity of a reply.

I know - since I can't edit/blot out my post, let's wind the tape back to the start, eh?

denilced dna dereffo gnieb saw tahw ni eulav eht ees did I .detouq snosaer lareves eht rof gniht eht dessimsid I ecnis ressimsid a naht rehtar retbuod a sa em dessalc uoy tcepsus I .yllaer toN ?eussi nA

There. That's better.
Phew!

No necessity, I wanted too, to reply that is.

Your rather amusing of late and each to there own of course.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 28-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Being
i don't know? Personally i don't see a very civilised/humane/advanced society/culture - i think it's by & large a barbaric mess.

Some days i feel more optimistic than others - & see more good than other days, but largely i don't. i think we are in an Age of Darkness. What transpires is anyone's guess - But i think it will take many decades/centuries for a more fundamental shift to something genuinely better.

I go along with you there. If you regard power as the ability to control resources, any government/leader that gets into power faces increasingly difficult problems of controlling the populace at large to favour the elite it supports so personal freedom gets increasingly curtailed.

It's highly likely that spiritual freedom will be curtailed (as is sporadically the case). If so we could enter an even darker age.

I don't hold out much hope for humanity. The tech gets higher, the toys more expensive, the killing machines more efficient - but human nature hasn't changed throughout recorded history.

Perhaps whatever succeeds humanity in the evolutionary line will fare better.... if there's an ecology left to support it.

I've encountered plenty of optimists here with the laudable aim of turning Earth into Utopia by way of love. One wishes they had the magic wand to do so. They've also been trying across recorded history but the wealthy few (the vampyrric elite that feeds off the labours of the masses) won't let them.

Old 28-07-2015, 01:50 PM
Master
Quote:
To various degrees & in various ways people are stuck in the collective unconscious - the collective/shared consensus reality. imo.

It often happens yes.

That informs them of what is/isn't possible & how 'reality' is.

Seeing it all as possibility, helps to not only see how reality is, but see the potential of how reality can be in that inclusion of how it is as one whole source

Think it's very debatable how many people are genuinely really free of that to any degree? As per the OP.

Who knows? Is it important to know these things?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 28-07-2015, 04:32 PM
Ascender

Quote:
I go along with you there. If you regard power as the ability to control resources, any government/leader that gets into power faces increasingly difficult problems of controlling the populace at large to favour the elite it supports so personal freedom gets increasingly curtailed.

It's highly likely that spiritual freedom will be curtailed (as is sporadically the case). If so we could enter an even darker age.

I don't hold out much hope for humanity. The tech gets higher, the toys more expensive, the killing machines more efficient - but human nature hasn't changed throughout recorded history.

Perhaps whatever succeeds humanity in the evolutionary line will fare better.... if there's an ecology left to support it.

I've encountered plenty of optimists here with the laudable aim of turning Earth into Utopia by way of love. One wishes they had the magic wand to do so. They've also been trying across recorded history but the wealthy few (the vampyrric elite that feeds off the labours of the masses) won't let them.

i'd debate how much/what is human nature, & how much for examples is systemic - But other than that i concur - We're f'ed as a species on this planet imo. At the very least the days of this Civilisation are numbered.
Old 29-07-2015, 02:06 AM
Master
Quote:
i'd debate how much/what is human nature, & how much for examples is systemic - But other than that i concur - We're f'ed as a species on this planet imo. At the very least the days of this Civilisation are numbered.

2106 =9 cycle which often indicates major endings/new beginnings in the greater reality.

*being* a 9 life path myself, I understand the individual nature of this and the greater as one whole source.

So hold onto your pants.

Old 30-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Knower
Quote:

Aren't you a master? Then shouldn't you understand what "love" really is and how we are all "magic wands"? And how to actually "spread" that "love"? A few people can make a difference when they understand the dynamic here. Even one person can make a difference.
Old 30-07-2015, 05:31 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenofthrees
Aren't you a master? Then shouldn't you understand what "love" really is and how we are all "magic wands"? And how to actually "spread" that "love"? A few people can make a difference when they understand the dynamic here. Even one person can make a difference.

LOL. At the time I reached my 1000th post I declared here I did not want to be called Master - because I'm not one. Sorceress, yes, master, nn-nn.

But it is the mark of an adept, to me, to comprehend the actual world situation and to work within its practicalities. The practicality is that there's one or more elites in the world that command huge resources to run the world as they want. (There was a New Scientist article somewhen back that listed 50 of the 147 "interconnected" companies that run the world. If you're interested, here's the link:)
https://www.newscientist.com/article...uns-the-world/

Ok, the study is open to much criticism but it's close to the mark.

If some spiritual movement threatens them it goes to the wall.

The adept does what he can but knows that love (which is hopelessly difficult to co-ordinate across about 8 billion people, with most westerners not in the "spiritual" scene, as Being declares, and those who are, all have personally and culturally different ideas of what "love" is).

So it's a wonderful ideal - but that's all it can be until some sudden explosion ruptures the establishment.

It could happen. Capitalism is ultimately dependent on manufactured goods (finance is just a conduit to me). But the way industry's going - automation taking over just about every field of human endeavour to increase profits/reduce costs, the amount of human work, hence earning power, diminishes by the day. If people aren't working, they can't earn, so they can't buy the goods that provide the profits. So the system could just collapse.

So perhaps there'll come a day when your hopes could be realised. Until then we, adepts or not, do our best....by avoiding materialism, planned obsolescence, avoid addiction to gadgets purveyed by profit-greedy techno firms, refuse to be served by machines, pile costs on the establishment as long as it doesn't put others under threat, show others the value of peace and freedom from money more than necessary to survive; do charitable acts. Help people find their understanding of love, when possible, and whatever that might be that isn't carnal or worship-based.

And, of course, work our magic on preternatural planes.

Last edited by Lorelyen : 30-07-2015 at 06:33 PM.
Old 17-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Ascender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b22VMuHQ3UU

Published on 19 Jul 2014

Deepak Chopra Higher States of Consciousness

Deepak Chopra is the Founder and Chairman of the Chopra Foundation, and Founder and Co-Chairman of the Chopra Center for Well Being. Known as the prolific author of over 55 books with eighteen New York Times best sellers on mind-body health, spirituality, and peace, Times Magazine heralds Chopra as one of the top 100 heroes and icons of this century. A global force in the field of human empowerment, Dr. Chopra’s books have been published in more than thirty five languages in both fiction and non fiction. His book, Peace Is the Way (Harmony Books) won a Quill award, and The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life was given a Nautilus award.