Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-01-2018, 08:10 PM
Knower
The FLOAT Experience

Me and my bestfriend finally did the float tank, it was not at all what I expected, I expected more on the lines of visuals and images, projecting and such, I didn't get any of that but I still enjoyed myself, I kept bumping the wall for the first few minutes and finally relaxed I guess you can say.

Tho I didn't get visuals I did get impressions of audio voices in my head and all around me, so I decided why not attempt what I wanted here to experience thru this, so, I told the voices I wanted to meet with my higher self (yes I'm still on that lol), the voices went wild saying no and a few he don't want to meet with you, and how he not ready to meet with me, I asked why but they kept saying he don't want to meet with you and laughing manically, at that point I begin to wonder why were he with all these beings/voices, why was he letting them speak for him, I mean he is me, he must know the condition my life is in by now.

After that I just drifted off once I notice wasn't getting anywhere. After my float was over I was refresh and less thoughtful in a good way meaning my mind wasn't clutter and running wild with thoughts. Then we headed to Brunch, and parted ways from there. I'm sort of disappointed, with the experience but love it for the mindlessness and renewal of energy.
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow

*Langston Hughes*
Old 03-01-2018, 04:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MergingWolf
Me and my bestfriend finally did the float tank, it was not at all what I expected, I expected more on the lines of visuals and images, projecting and such, I didn't get any of that but I still enjoyed myself, I kept bumping the wall for the first few minutes and finally relaxed I guess you can say.

Tho I didn't get visuals I did get impressions of audio voices in my head and all around me, so I decided why not attempt what I wanted here to experience thru this, so, I told the voices I wanted to meet with my higher self (yes I'm still on that lol), the voices went wild saying no and a few he don't want to meet with you, and how he not ready to meet with me, I asked why but they kept saying he don't want to meet with you and laughing manically, at that point I begin to wonder why were he with all these beings/voices, why was he letting them speak for him, I mean he is me, he must know the condition my life is in by now.

After that I just drifted off once I notice wasn't getting anywhere. After my float was over I was refresh and less thoughtful in a good way meaning my mind wasn't clutter and running wild with thoughts. Then we headed to Brunch, and parted ways from there. I'm sort of disappointed, with the experience but love it for the mindlessness and renewal of energy.

lol I made the mistake you made for a long time. you want for your higher self to be more than the ego that you identify with. You almost want it to pop out of thin air and give you some advice like a sage might. This comes from a feeling of "im not OK". you understand intellectually that your higher self is you, but emotionally you also wish for it to be more than you.

you are what you seek. you already have it. you have it at all times and can never lose it. Only convince yourself you've lost it.

which by the way is the point. an infinite being has no fear of death, therefore is willing to fool itself into thinking it can die, just to see how much of a thrill it can get out of the experience.

that is what we are experiencing now. First a sense of our self being separate from the universe, then much later down our path we realize we are infinite and even if we do die it won't be anything more spectacular than the blink of our infinite eyes, should we die the essence of our self will continue on. our egoic self will find a new body, and will live in its energy form until that happens. our higher self never experiences death, it only experiences the ego which experiences death.

also. the voices were playing tricks on you.

when they said he and you thought they were talking about your higher self. they meant you, the egoic you.

the voices are telling you, in a creative way, that you are not ready for the truth of your higher self. They are telling you that it will cause you great pain. too much pain for you to handle at this moment.

also they told you this in different words. but the end result was as desired. you let the idea go and decided to not pursue your higher self.

Before you can experience your higher self you must be willing to face oblivion. To have the concept of who you are be totally destroyed. You will literally feel death (usually for only a few seconds or minutes, sometimes hours but rarely). Do you think you are ready for that? or are you just chasing fuzzy feelings? I think your higher self knows the answer and gave you what you needed, not what you wanted. be patient and build your strength, you will achieve your goal someday.

(also for future reference. to break the final barrier of ego death you need one of two things but preferably both. a motivating force. or. strength. practice concentrating meditation and you will build strength of consciousness, clarity. as for motivation, you need pain. I prefer pain to love because love will cause us to attach to the material world and to our worldly bonds (career, family, etc). Love is great for after we have achieved ego death, not before (IMO, might be wrong).)

also, there are infinite doorways. This is just the one I know about. Don't be afraid to search for your own portal to the infinite.

so right now you identify with your ego. the voices are telling you something like this "he (you as your ego) is not ready to meet with you (the higher self, which is also you but a part of you that you haven't learned to identify with yet)".

it's just a trick friend. they switched the words around on you. they made you believe that your higher self is something you can talk to in the way that you can talk to a friend. Your higher self is the thing you talk to in your inner mind. the thing that carries on the other side of the conversation. the thing that sounds just like you, but seems to have a mind of its own.

it's a tricky subject to talk about. since we are both the ego and the higher self. basically we choose where we want to identify from after we have learned how to discriminate which is which. If we want to act from the ego, we can talk to our higher self. If we want to act from the higher self we can talk to our ego.

as we progress on the path we learn to discriminate which is which. keep practicing ^_^ also if you can find a local and authentic teacher your progress will increase exponentially.