Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 21-03-2016, 08:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
My favorite natural home remedy is sleep.

Haha, best home remedy around!
I'd like to share a very simple remedy which helps promote healthy, hydrated and glowing skin.
Take some olive oil (I used about 500ml) and to that, add St. John's wort, let seep for three months in a cool, dark place (cabinet) stirring from time to time assuring there is no mold. After three months, strain through cheese cloth into a jar.
You now have a wonderful face oil which is great for overnight repair and glowing skin in the morning.
Old 21-03-2016, 04:11 PM
Master
For pink eye best home remedy is to clean your eyes with black coffee. Grab a cotton ball and pour some nice warm black coffee and clean the infected area with it. No more pink eye!
Old 21-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Experiencer

Baking soda. I use it for toothpaste. I keep it in a small container by the sink, wet the brush and dip! My teeth are so clean, when I went to the dentist for the first time in 5 years, they took a picture because they could not believe the backs of my incisors were so clean. No plaque at all.
Old 23-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAPath
Baking soda. I use it for toothpaste. I keep it in a small container by the sink, wet the brush and dip! My teeth are so clean, when I went to the dentist for the first time in 5 years, they took a picture because they could not believe the backs of my incisors were so clean. No plaque at all.

I bought some just recently for this purpose. I haven't tried it yet. I get a little nervous. I use it for my homemade breads lol, so I feel a little weird when I think about it, but Ill try it soon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven
For pink eye best home remedy is to clean your eyes with black coffee. Grab a cotton ball and pour some nice warm black coffee and clean the infected area with it. No more pink eye!

I'll have to keep this in mind if my kids every bring their nasty germs to the home. I am not sure how well they will take grinned coffee on their eyes lol. Maybe their too little.

My son laughs hysterically when I put coconut oil on his sisters hair. The things women do sometimes.
Old 24-03-2016, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
I'll have to keep this in mind if my kids every bring their nasty germs to the home. I am not sure how well they will take grinned coffee on their eyes lol. Maybe their too little.

OMG!! lol poor kids if you put grinned coffee you be torturing them! It has to be the liquid coffee. Usually what I use is the left over coffee that's still warm and I clean the infected eye with it. It relieves the irritation plus it gives you a fresh feel.
Old 24-03-2016, 03:57 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven
OMG!! lol poor kids if you put grinned coffee you be torturing them! It has to be the liquid coffee. Usually what I use is the left over coffee that's still warm and I clean the infected eye with it. It relieves the irritation plus it gives you a fresh feel.

LOL! *mama what did you do to my eyes!!* I was reading that Aloe does very well with pink eye too. Aloe plant is my favorite natural remedy, especially on my face.Many great benefits. Good for men too after a shave I hear.

Old 24-03-2016, 10:04 PM
Master
Hahaha, I wouldn't even try it! lol

Aloe is great for a lot of health benefits specially for sun burns. I love to rub Aloe Vera straight from the plant all over my body after I come back from the beach. It cools down your skin.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:05 AM
Guide
Oh god, I can talk about skincare remedies for an eternity, but I'll try not to..

General remedies:
-Raw garlic for tooth infections/pain (stick a bunch in am emptied tea bag and sort of gnaw on it many times a day
-Evening primrose oil for severe menstrual cramps and/or endometriosis pain
-Buffered vitamin C in mega-doses (helps with energy and mental clarity)
-Maca root for energy and hormone-balance (warning: will make your sex drive ridiculously high)

Skin/beauty remedies-- as a long-time acne sufferer (hormonal kind; it only goes away with antibiotics), I have tried virtually everything. My favorites:
-Charcoal masks
-Egg white masks (many like to combine this with lemon juice, but, lemon juice is harmful to your skin's acid mantle)
-Coconut oil- for the body, not the face (unless you are not at all acne-prone. There are some exceptions.)
-Sea salt masks
-Pond's cold cream (not a remedy, but an oft-overlooked good product that will accomplish the exact same thing as the more time-consuming and trendy "oil-cleaning method".)
-pH-balanced cleansers
-essential oils (DILUTED!!!!) for acne spot-treatment
-For deodorant: a mix of baking soda, lemon juice, coconut oil and lavender essential oil. I had to use a concoction like this back when I was prescribed Adderall and found it made my sweat smell very odd, despite the use of regular deodorant.

Oh, and regarding skincare.. cosdna .com is a very good reference site; it lets you look up various products and see both the comodogenic rating AND irritation potential of each product (the layout is plain and simple, so I think it's better than sites like Paula's Choice and so on)
Old 09-06-2016, 09:26 PM
Master
Olive Leaf Extract!

Absolutely swear by this stuff!

Its a powerful anti-viral and anti-bacterial agent.....boosts the immune system.....lowers blood pressure as well or better as actual blood pressure meds and there's even a fair amount of evidence that it can cure herpes! Both on the mouth and ....ummm....down there!

I take a tablespoons full twice a day... every day!
Old 10-06-2016, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator
Echinacea Angustifolia tincture and Friar's Balsam!
I wouldn't be without either. So many potential infections -from deep thorn puncture wounds, cat scratches, deep flesh tears with rusty barbed wire... to bronchitis....sorted with either or both.