Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 15-11-2017, 10:54 PM
Newbie ;)

Hate people, sick of this world...

... to be honest, I hate people and I'm sick of the world. Sometimes I have this feeling more than others, sometimes it's almost nonexistant, but it's always reoccurring, and I know it's been affecting my heart chakra for a long time so I want to fix it.

I feel this is a spiritual problem, so I need some spiritual people to help me. I just really hate people and this world! The majority of people are stupid and care more about TV than things that matter, they bicker and pretend to hate conflict, but I can tell people thrive off it, and get some weird kick out of it. And on a larger scale, this world is ridiculous! It disappoints me and I'm slowly not caring. We have some of the worst people in power, the media is garbage, and people are sat on an elevator belt from the day theyre born to the day they die, just being batteries for the machine. Sometimes I don't want to be here.

People say look for the positives but really, the negatives go much deeper and are much harder hitting than the positives. What are good things in the world? The beauty of nature, the sound of rain, a random kind act, the love of a pet, seeing some rare and small amount of positive growth in this world. I'm sorry but it's not enough. These things are so shallow compared to all the negativity in this world. It's 2017 and theres a sexist president, there's child abuse and videos of it being passed around online, the world is a machine with noone ever really truly being free, theres wars, and so much more. A pretty landscape or having a loving pet doesnt make up for these things. Sometimes I wish I never came to this world, and I just want to check out.

Please help me change my views, I've felt like this for a long time and I know it's not good for me, but it seems like the truth.
Old 15-11-2017, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator
Yes SleepyWarrior, I often think of those masses of highly negative things which seem to pervade the world. The "World" seems to be run by a bunch of twerps who have little maturity! I'm not saying I am one fine example of humankind. I am a lot better than I used to be, but I have history too!
But some of the crass stuff that seems to happen in politics and the "ways of the World" are quite unbelievable. And amidst all that we have people running about with guns, and those who prey on little children and cause suffering to animals.

Now at one point I thought how can it be changed? By those who have a finer more moral outlook infiltrating themselves into mainstream politics and business, the surrender of moral qualities to financial gain, the imbalance in the judicial system, the power over the many by the few? Ha....if only it were that simple. Those ways of life might be quite hard to do for someone with a whole different vibrational pattern. Like ramming a square peg into a round hole.
So it seems those who have nothing in common with all that are either warrior-fighters who immerse themselves in it and work to: rescue, debunk, support those who need help, maintain decent standards, inform....or: those who form parallel ways of life which uphold wholly different concepts.

Maybe the trick is knowing which is right for ourselves. Even in the darkest mess in this world, there are little lights; those Souls who shine with their own light. You will find them all over the place, sometimes in most unexpected places....

So, why do they feel less strong, to you? Why do they make less of a lasting impression on you? Because they feel like small things, unable to stand against the mainstream tsunami of wrong-doing?
Even the tiniest light, if it goes right into the Heart, can be magnified and illuminate you. Illuminate your every breath and your whole being and make your life start to shine.
You may be able to affect no political change (apart from your vote). You may not be able to stop the earth being poisoned, or encourage despots to become friendly and kind. You may be able to make no discernible mark in an apparently concrete form.
But if you start to shine, then you will affect so many things as you pass through life. Who can know the extent of your influence? Who can know what little trails of loving energy you leave behind you as you pass?

You are right, it is to do with the workings of the Heart Chakra. Remember, the tiniest-seeming thing can open the gates of the Heart. And it nearly always comes gently. Not with a big fanfare or anything to do with "Kundalini awakening". It comes gently, with a smile.

If it were possible, I would put some in a tiny bottle and send it to you in the mail! So you'd get the scent of it and know what I mean....
Alas, that I can't do.

All I can possibly do is use words, and they are very limiting! So I've probably ended up rambling in my attempt to convey that by using words.

But do just try to remember that those small things which seem to carry no weight against the negativity -actually do! They change your Heart and by doing that, they change everything you touch, interact with, and your life. Try not to underestimate them.
Then try to create something with them....in whatever way you wish. It doesn't matter what.

Also it might help to spend some time each day or evening, seeking out examples of strength, love and beauty in the world...examples of self sacrifice, heroism, selflessness, generosity, kindness and compassion. Because there is a lot of it about if you spend some time looking for those things. And they are strong and real. Equally as "real" as the bad stuff, and far more enduring.
Old 16-11-2017, 12:26 AM
Badcopyinc

Don't fight the hate. Allow it to be. Don't listen to anyone else tell you that you are wrong for it. It's a part of you right now so be with it right now.

Trying to cover up poop with cologne doesn't make anything smell better. The only way to get rid of the smell is to clean up the mess. This can mean many things to you and could require a lot of self digging to find exactly why you view the world and the people in it as such. But the most important thing is to not feel wrong or try to fight what it is you're feeling.

Be present with your anger. Slow down your physical, take deep breaths with the only intent of being with your true feelings. Don't do it to relieve it or fix it. Be present with every feeling that comes to you and you will start to find where they are coming from. Why they are there. And the way to let go of them.

They say anger is a secondary emotion but to find the underlying emotion one needs to follow the surface level emotions to the root of the issue.

Only real advice I can give anyone in that state of outer and inner hatred is to remind them that they can control nothing but themselves. No matter how many things pop up in your life as "bad" it's up to you to view them as good or bad. But to gain control and take your brain off of auto pilot you need to find you. And the best way to do that is to stay present with each and every emotion that you feel.
Old 16-11-2017, 01:51 AM
Master
Think of the world as a series of radio stations on a dial. You can dial to whatever you want via controlling your emotions and reactions.

Right now your on a station that ticks you off pretty severely, so your mad at the radio. I offer that there's a lot of other stations you can put on instead of hating the radio. The next station may make you LOVE radios!

Remember - to change stations TUNE YOU.

This life really is what you make of it, heaven or hell.
Old 16-11-2017, 06:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Think of the world as a series of radio stations on a dial. You can dial to whatever you want via controlling your emotions and reactions.

Right now your on a station that ticks you off pretty severely, so your mad at the radio. I offer that there's a lot of other stations you can put on instead of hating the radio. The next station may make you LOVE radios!

Remember - to change stations TUNE YOU.

This life really is what you make of it, heaven or hell.
Very nice reply.

Dear Sleepy Warrior,

I've had this same problem myself and I'm still learning to deal with it.

Surely there are some people you like...some who don't seem as bad as all the others, yet when we view humanity as a whole, overgeneralisations tend to happen.

Would you necessarily 'like' those who agree with you? there are a lot out there...

Yes, most humans appear to do stupid and foolish things, but what can we do about that? and hating them makes no difference to their behaviour anyway.

Find out what makes you like your friends...what makes you admire those you do, because they are 'people' too...just different people.

It was said to me (by my 'Higher Self') on Tuesday, that idiots exist in this dimension only to 'test' us...and the moment we start to hate, we have failed that test. We might not necessarily have to love them either...it's not a 'one or the other' thing...but the trick is just to let them be who they are, even though you may not agree with what they do...even if it seems heartless, counterproductive and ridiculous to you.

For example, you wouldn't blame a disabled person for not being abled...or a mentally ill person for not making rational decisions...or a drug addict for acting illogical...most people are disabled and made mentally ill by a disease called 'ignorance'...this isn't their fault...it is their karma, but it doesn't have to be your karma.

In all honesty, if it boils down to hating people or just disregarding people, sheer disregard is a far better emotion than hate...like Crystal Song said, just focus on those who make you feel peaceful and happy...change your radio station, for it is your life and you get to decide those you want to be in it.
Old 16-11-2017, 09:05 AM
Experiencer

SleepyWarrior,

I can definitely relate to your qualms with the world, and I feel that many, if not most, people could as well. So know that you're not alone in your dissatisfaction with the way things are on earth. Very few people, I'm sure, if anyone at all, are pleased with the state of the world. Your sentiments echo nearly everyone's.

The following are some ideas that can help ease the burden of life on earth:

- Earth is like a school. Often people learn through pain; sometimes through joy.

- Abraham, channeled by Esther Hicks, says, 'All is well. It is, it really is.'

- Suffering is temporary. In the afterlife there will be true peace and happiness.

- Everyone is doing their best.

- Love is a light that dispels the darkness.

I hope this helps.
Old 16-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Master
No need to change your views. It seems logical to me.

I remember a few years back reading a thread titled "F*ck the World and Dare to Dream" on another forum. Just the title itself helped gave me a push.
Old 18-11-2017, 07:14 AM
Experiencer
What you feel about the world is what you feel about yourself. If you hate the world you hate yourself. It is a reflection.

You don't hate people, you hate you. Once you begin to care for you, you will begin to care for others.
Old 18-11-2017, 01:15 PM
Pathfinder

@OP: I understand, human society is corrupt in so many ways and people prefer accepting things how they are due to all this programming and most prefer doing nothing about it because nobody else does either (and I admit often falling into that too but doesn't mean I've given up). We are told to accept things how they are and forgive and forget but that isn't the whole truth. It's okay to be angry, sad and disappointed due to the things you mentioned.

Experience-based advice: I feel misanthropy very often but instead of trying to fake happiness or deny those feelings, I try focusing on those things that make me feel good regardless. Sometimes it doesn't help but screw it.
And sometimes try giving other people changes to prove they're different even while the risk of disappointment, anger (and even vindictive thinking) is always there. That isn't about becoming ignorant of flaws of humanity.. It's about helping ourselves to not become dogmatic and even more not be affected by the negative moods it generates.

In my humble opinion you don't have to change your views, you may want to expand them though. I respect you for acknowledging the negative things in the world even if it is painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyWarrior
People say look for the positives but really, the negatives go much deeper and are much harder hitting than the positives. What are good things in the world? The beauty of nature, the sound of rain, a random kind act, the love of a pet, seeing some rare and small amount of positive growth in this world.
Maybe these things still get you out of the bed in the morning. Even if the world may be doomed to fall with the human race, it doesn't mean we cannot still try protecting what we can. At the gates of death we could say we lived up to something and kept appreciating what matters to us. Live up to your nickname, SleepyWarrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyWarrior
I'm sorry but it's not enough. These things are so shallow compared to all the negativity in this world. It's 2017 and theres a sexist president, there's child abuse and videos of it being passed around online, the world is a machine with noone ever really truly being free, theres wars, and so much more. A pretty landscape or having a loving pet doesnt make up for these things. Sometimes I wish I never came to this world, and I just want to check out.
They're not shallow in my opinion but things could still be a lot better! And the world doesn't change if we accept these things having power. Fight to make the world a better place, even if we can't control things outside ourselves we can still affect, create a change and hope for success. Make your damn life count and learn from the negative you're experiencing now. That may be useful in the future.

What is the best you want to make out of your life?
Old 18-11-2017, 06:00 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoublyVenomous
@OP: I understand, human society is corrupt in so many ways and people prefer accepting things how they are due to all this programming and most prefer doing nothing about it because nobody else does either (and I admit often falling into that too but doesn't mean I've given up). We are told to accept things how they are and forgive and forget but that isn't the whole truth. It's okay to be angry, sad and disappointed due to the things you mentioned.

Experience-based advice: I feel misanthropy very often but instead of trying to fake happiness or deny those feelings, I try focusing on those things that make me feel good regardless. Sometimes it doesn't help but screw it.
And sometimes try giving other people changes to prove they're different even while the risk of disappointment, anger (and even vindictive thinking) is always there. That isn't about becoming ignorant of flaws of humanity.. It's about helping ourselves to not become dogmatic and even more not be affected by the negative moods it generates.......

You have said it very well and succinctly. It took me years to develop this perspective, to cope, to integrate into the views you've articulated here.
Thank you.
Sleepy-- so we have a sexist prez - well we narrowly avoided having a prez who was part of the human trafficking and child abuse networks, and who was responsible for not only stealing the nomination from a better candidate in the primary, but also making sure that sexist candidate was the one she would oppose because her team thought he would be so easy to beat. Instead, they saw thru her. US made the right choice - the lesser of 2 evils - for the last 3 elections.