Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 26-09-2017, 05:05 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Lowe
Looks like mediumship is not meant for self practice.

Mediumship is essentially passing information from spirit to people or in written form. Channeling is mediumship where the spirit uses your physical body to talk through. There are MANY Youtube videos on this.

I have no personal interest in channeling or to an extent passing information to people say like John Edwards does. Though developing a closer relationship with my guides is something I am interested in and those that can work with me telepathically to do what you are talking about I want to develop that also.

Whether I do the mediumship thing to pass information from them to others I am not entirely sure though. Depends.
Old 26-09-2017, 08:12 PM
Knower

Dear Wanchain

First if those spirits you called guides are really your guides they would never say "it's better for me to start out mediumship making all the possible mistakes, then to be right first, and wrong later." They should say instead: go study!!!

Below from The MediumĀ“s Book from Allan Kardec chapter XIX (you can freely download from internet in pdf file)

I strongly recomend to study also chapter XXIII item 239 Fascination!

Good study!

6. When a spirit communicates through a medium, does he transmit his thought directly, or does he use the incarnated spirit of the medium as his intermediary?
"The medium's spirit acts as the interpreter of the communicating spirit, because he is linked with the body, which, in such cases, plays the part of speaker, and also because there must be a conductor between you and the disincarnate spirits who communicate with you, just as, for the transmission of a telegraphic message, there must be a wire connecting the points of transmission and of reception, and, at the ends of the wire, an intelligent person who transmits, and another who receives, the message conveyed by the electric fluid."
7. Does the spirit of the medium exercise an influence over the communications which he transmits from other spirits ?
"Yes. If he is not in sympathy with them, he may alter their replies and assimilate them to his own ideas and propensities; but he does not influence the spirits themselves: he is only an inexact interpreter."
8. Is it for this reason that certain spirits have a preference for certain mediums?
"Yes. Spirits seek for interpreters in sympathy with themselves, and able to transmit their thought correctly. When there is no sympathy between them, the spirit of the medium becomes an antagonist and produces resistance; he is an unwilling interpreter, and, as such, is often an unfaithful one. The same thing occurs amongyourselves, when a message is conveyed through a careless, hostile, or unfaithful messenger."
Old 27-09-2017, 03:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
A couple of themes that I had to work on before learning more about mediumship were emotional vulnerability and ego (arrogance). Gabriel said that it's better for me to start out mediumship making all the possible mistakes, then to be right first, and wrong later.

So my first few readings were wrong, as a way to expose my vulnerability. I used to uptight about being right and accurate, and wouldn't venture to do anything that I thought would be wrong. But I was taught that making mistakes is part of the learning process.

They taught me discernment too. But I still have self-doubt. Not sure if I am imagining it all or not ~

This is how Spirit taught me too in all talent sets - healing, moving energy, divination, telepathy and so on. I had to really learn the long way that interceding human thinking and emotions effect things and thus how to be 'clean vessel' for the work/message to be moved through unpolluted.

Each time it is a process to get centered, clean and clear and then get out of the way so the work can be done through me.
Every time.
Repeating the process faithfully helps entrain the brain to silence so the work can be done.
Old 27-09-2017, 03:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauterb
First if those spirits you called guides are really your guides they would never say "it's better for me to start out mediumship making all the possible mistakes, then to be right first, and wrong later." They should say instead: go study!!!

"

*GRINS* Well feel free to tell the spirits and guides what they would never say and should say. LOL Let me know how that goes!

My team would be zero impressed if I started telling them how to teach me.