Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 11:20 AM
silver swan

Hi , I went to see a transfiguration medium last night at my spiritualist church. It is the first time that I have been to a transfiguration so I was unsure what to expect.

The medium began with a hymn, then a prayer. The lights were then turned off . A black screen had been placed on the back wall behind the rostrum, and two lamps were switched on, one either side of the medium.

He then sat for an hour and what happened next was amazing!

I cannot describe how amazing it was! The mediums face slowly began to change, and take on the appearance of various relatives of those present who had passed into spirit! We were encouraged to talk and if we recognised anyone, to ask if it was them. No messages were given, although the medium spoke through spirit to say whether or not it was the person in question.

My friend Starlight and myself both recognised people, and had it verified. There were two ladies in front of us who commented afterwards that they had seen nothing. This led me to wonder whether a certain level of awareness was needed by the observer, in order for them to "SEE."

I myself believe that these spirits were happy to be able to communicate with their loved ones in this way. I know that I myself would want to give comfort to those left behind. I believe that by giving this comfort, it enebles a healing to take place. The relatives on the earth plain are comforted to know that their loved ones are alright, and the relatives in spirit are freed to move on, knowing that they have comforted those still on the earth plain.

It is my opinion that mediums are healers. xxxx

with love and light x

Last edited by silver swan : 05-03-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:00 PM
silver swan

Hi Sue. I was wondering, have you ever been to a transfiguration?
Old 08-03-2006, 11:02 AM
psychic sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver swan
Hi Sue. I was wondering, have you ever been to a transfiguration?

Yes I have, and it is an amazing experience. Unfortunately, I didn't get a message but I have seen the phenomena you describe.

I did an aura reading for a friend a couple of weeks ago and she said MY face was changing! Although I didn't really feel anything at the time.

It's an interesting subject - I would like to see more demonstrations to get a balanced view.

Love and Blessings

Sue x
Old 08-03-2006, 07:33 PM
silver swan

Hi again.
You said that your friend saw your face changing. I have been told this is overshadowing, when your guide comes in very close. I think it can be the first stage of trance. I had it happen to me. I wanted to speak but stopped myself. I must admit I am a little nervous of going in to trance. Has this ever happened to you?
Old 09-03-2006, 01:08 PM
PrincessJ23

Thank you to everyone for your views. Special thanks to Sue and Silver swan. I am going to go to my local spiritualist church and ask about joining a circle. I dont want to 'disturb' the spirit world in anyway but I am of the belief that they are trying to contact us so much, so often but until we have the skills to hear them, see them or recognise the signs, we are not aware.

xxxx
Old 09-03-2006, 01:51 PM
silver swan

Hi , let us know how you get on. Good luck ! x
Old 17-03-2006, 03:07 PM
PrincessJ23

Hi guys, hope your well.

well I havnt been able to join a circle yet as my local church hasnt opened the past couple of saturdays (maintenance work!) typical!. I read your posts about the transfiguration. I have never been to see a medium who works in this way, I think it sounds a bit disturbing, not sure if I would be comfortable with it? Is it uncomfortable? how much does their face change? I cant imagine how it looks, does their face contort or actually 'become' different? I think there is a lady who does this is my area, am wondering whether I should attend a session?

xxx
Old 27-03-2006, 09:38 PM
starlite

hi princess, i hope you don't mind me butting in on this thread. i have seen a transfiguration (with my friend, Silver Swan) at a local spiritualist church. I thought it was an amazing and beautiful experience. I didn't think that it was scary at all; it was just further comfort that spirit is truely around us at all times.
However, like Silver Swan mentioned, the two ladies that sat in front of us told us that they hadn't really seen any changes in the medium's face all through the hour long session. When i came home, i was telling my partner and 15 year old step-daughter about the evening and i mentioned what these two women had said. So obviously, the two of them being sceptical to the whole world of spirit, they just said to me, 'So you just see what you want to see!' This made me doubt whether anything had really happened at the church that night and it was all in my imagination. But, honestly, i didn't doubt what i had seen when i really thought about it. I just think that you really have to believe in it to see it.

If i was you, i'd seek out that woman in your area who does that kind of thing and go and see what you think.

Also, in relation to you earlier mention of your cousin and friend, i believe loved ones will try to make contact with those that seek them out and are happy that people left on earth understand that life is eternal.

Anyway, hope the church is open again soon - i agree with Silver Swan and Sue, a development circle is good.

Love and light, Starlite x
Old 31-03-2006, 09:04 AM
psychic sue

Silver Swan - I can never let myself go that deep to get into a trance state - something holds me back. What I do get though, is a "rising" sensation in my chest when I am relaxed and my Guide is near - do you ever experience that?
Old 01-04-2006, 06:51 AM
silver swan

Hi Sue. I get a feeling of floating away in meditation and know exactly what you mean about not fully letting go. Something always stops me too, its as though I know that if I let go I will no longer be in control. The other week during meditation I felt a powerful urge to move my arm, and it did not come from me. I also wanted to say the words "its summertime" (any thoughts???)
I get a feeling when my guides are near which is like a blanket being placed round me. My friend Starlight and myself are currently learning more about trance so that we know what to do when it happens.
Closed Thread