Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-07-2019, 04:43 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Well when I was a Christian I tried very hard to build a relationship with the non cross-dressed God, even going so far as to make an utter fool of myself. And as well placing all my trust in him despite my numerous personal issues he never bothered to look at. But let me offer you some words of my own wisdom: Believing in an invisible friend and the magic of prayers is all fun and games until your life suddenly hits rock bottom and there's literally nothing you can do about it, and no amount of prayer, not even if the entire world prays for you, is gonna move a single grain of sand. That's how I got my wake up call to leave religion.

I'm not having a go at you personally SlayerOfLight. I've heard this referenced countless times from former Atheists and Ex-Catholics that have said much the same things.

The reason why many people today claim to be former Christians is simply because they were never BORN AGAIN to begin with.

To unsaved people; Christianity is nothing more than a philosophy. So when they decide to change their philosophy, they are sincere when they say, “I used to be a Christian.”

Now, they may have once been in a Christian church, and had learned Christian teachings; but they certainly never found Christ as their personal Savior. Many people join a church, listen to the Gospel message, but they have NO faith in God! This is exactly what happened to the Jews in the Wilderness during Moses time. “For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.”

Many people hear the saving Gospel message of Christ crucified, but they have no faith in what they are hearing. Today's pulpits are packed full with such Christ-rejecters. What a sad paradox!

CONCLUSION: Either you are saved now, and always will be; or else you aren't saved now, and never were to begin with! If saved, always saved! Whatever experiences you may have had in the past, or Christian teachings you held for a time, cannot qualify as having BEEN A CHRISTIAN. "Ye must be born again!"

Christianity began as a new birth in Jesus Christ. When it went to Greece it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome it became an organization. When it spread throughout Europe it became a culture. And when it hit America, it became a business.

Most of what is considered “Christian” today is nothing of the such. Without a doubt, the term “Christian” is the most abused, misused and misunderstood terminology of the word widely expressed today.

Any attempt to improve humanity that ignores the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ is religious humanism, not Christianity.
Much of the teachings that we hear these days is religious humanism, which denies the sinful nature of mankind and abandons the complete and finished work Jesus did at the cross.

So the next time someone claims “I used to be a Christian,” they've simply never been born-again to begin with, because the second birth is as irreversible as the physical birth. Salvation is NOT reformation, nor rehabilitation, nor education, nor legislation; but rather, regeneration by the Spirit of a Holy God.

(Credit to David J. Stewart)
Old 17-07-2019, 05:20 PM
ImthatIm

A.

As long as Lord means God the Creator of the universe.

My prayers are answered with every breath and every drink of water and every piece of food that sustains this life. Anything else I receive is all gravy.

God is always for me and never against me.
Old 17-07-2019, 05:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMay
The Great Goddess, God as the Divine Feminine... But I agree with No One, I didn't pray to Her for things, my intention was solely to build a relationship with Her and then when I find myself needing She is always there to aid me. I don't know if that's purely the difference between effective prayer and non-effective prayer. I'd like to say so but then I see some Christian's praying to their God much the same way without success. I have wondered if prayer is more linked to our evolution of ability to manifest our own desires. I became a witch and started practising magick when I found the Goddess. It may not be Her specifically answering me but my own desires in prayer coming to life and creating themselves around me...

maybe you have a more whole understanding of God through the divine feminine that is helpful. I do see God and within and beyond gender and not unlike your beautiful goddess. i'm not into magick unless there is a kind that is for the divine will, but I get what your basically saying. your not so far from Jesus (based on feelings not that i'm speaking for him!)
Old 17-07-2019, 05:23 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Determined
I'm not having a go at you personally SlayerOfLight. I've heard this referenced countless times from former Atheists and Ex-Catholics that have said much the same things.

The reason why many people today claim to be former Christians is simply because they were never BORN AGAIN to begin with.

To unsaved people; Christianity is nothing more than a philosophy. So when they decide to change their philosophy, they are sincere when they say, “I used to be a Christian.”

Now, they may have once been in a Christian church, and had learned Christian teachings; but they certainly never found Christ as their personal Savior. Many people join a church, listen to the Gospel message, but they have NO faith in God! This is exactly what happened to the Jews in the Wilderness during Moses time. “For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.”

Many people hear the saving Gospel message of Christ crucified, but they have no faith in what they are hearing. Today's pulpits are packed full with such Christ-rejecters. What a sad paradox!

CONCLUSION: Either you are saved now, and always will be; or else you aren't saved now, and never were to begin with! If saved, always saved! Whatever experiences you may have had in the past, or Christian teachings you held for a time, cannot qualify as having BEEN A CHRISTIAN. "Ye must be born again!"

Christianity began as a new birth in Jesus Christ. When it went to Greece it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome it became an organization. When it spread throughout Europe it became a culture. And when it hit America, it became a business.

Most of what is considered “Christian” today is nothing of the such. Without a doubt, the term “Christian” is the most abused, misused and misunderstood terminology of the word widely expressed today.

Any attempt to improve humanity that ignores the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ is religious humanism, not Christianity.
Much of the teachings that we hear these days is religious humanism, which denies the sinful nature of mankind and abandons the complete and finished work Jesus did at the cross.

So the next time someone claims “I used to be a Christian,” they've simply never been born-again to begin with, because the second birth is as irreversible as the physical birth. Salvation is NOT reformation, nor rehabilitation, nor education, nor legislation; but rather, regeneration by the Spirit of a Holy God.

(Credit to David J. Stewart)

Typically fundamentalistic logic against someone who left religion: ''They were never born-again to begin with''. Well for your information, you know nothing about me. I actually did accept Christ as my Lord and savior and literally tried very hard to get close to God. But you know what? If what you say is true and I were never born-again despite all the great lengths I've went through as a Christian, then your God is an evil, backstabbing, manipulative maniac unworthy of my love. It's as simple as that.
Old 17-07-2019, 05:32 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
A.

As long as Lord means God the Creator of the universe.

My prayers are answered with every breath and every drink of water and every piece of food that sustains this life. Anything else I receive is all gravy.

God is always for me and never against me.

There are more things to sustain your life than just food and water. For example, it's scientifically proven that loneliness CAN kill you in a slow, agonising way that may take years up to decades. So, do you really consider it an answer to your prayers if your only purpose is to eat, drink, and sleep? I don't know about you, but I'd rather pray for death if that was the case.
Old 17-07-2019, 05:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Did it work?

A: Yes, praise the Lord!

B: No, but God works in mysterious ways that can't be explained.

C: No, but God is testing your faith and takes great delight in your suffering.

D: No, God is punishing you for your sins or karma. It's your own fault.

E: No, because God doesn't exist. Otherwise he wouldn't answer one person's prayer while ignoring the other person and treating them like worthless trash.

---

So is it A, B, C, D, or E for you? Which one of these makes the most sense?
It's not about prayers at all.

It's about your connection with your subconsious mind and your higher self.
Consider a prayer something like 'a call' based on speech.
There's no difference between a prayer,a mantra,or an affirmation.They're all triggers,based on your vocal chords.
Once you find how to transfer your voice to the inner worlds,all the above will become avaliable for you.

(If i had to choose,i would go for the B)

So instead of wasting your time with the christian egregore,why don't you try to do the same with your subconsious self?
Old 17-07-2019, 06:12 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax

There's no difference between a prayer,a mantra,or an affirmation.They're all triggers,based on your vocal chords.
Once you find how to transfer your voice to the inner worlds,all the above will become avaliable for you.

I have a subconscious, but I don't have a higher self. At least, if by that you mean some perfected and 'enlightened' version of myself up there taking great delight in all the misfortunes of his 'lesser' self on Earth. I also hate to disappoint you that I don't know about any of that new age sorcery stuff such as vocal cords. But fair enough, B it is for you then.
Old 17-07-2019, 06:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax

So instead of wasting your time with the christian egregore,why don't you try to do the same with your subconsious self?

" Once you find how to transfer your voice to the inner worlds,all the above will become avaliable for you."

And how do you do that?
Old 17-07-2019, 06:21 PM
Master

Quote:
I have a subconscious, but I don't have a higher self. At least, if by that you mean some perfected and 'enlightened' version of myself up there taking great delight in all the misfortunes of his 'lesser' self on Earth. I also hate to disappoint you that I don't know about any of that new age sorcery stuff such as vocal cords. But fair enough, B it is for you then.

Slayer I find your pessimism rather uplifting, I can tell you've been around monks. I find your posts are honest but behind the veil there is something that would answer your every question
Old 17-07-2019, 06:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
" Once you find how to transfer your voice to the inner worlds,all the above will become avaliable for you."

And how do you do that?
By training.

That's a very clever question sky123,but it's a topic that doesn't fit here.
I feel uncomfortable to talk about my training,and i don't want to wreck slayer's thread.
(But i stand for what i said).