Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-07-2019, 01:12 PM
Deactivated Account
Power of Prayer...

Did it work?

A: Yes, praise the Lord!

B: No, but God works in mysterious ways that can't be explained.

C: No, but God is testing your faith and takes great delight in your suffering.

D: No, God is punishing you for your sins or karma. It's your own fault.

E: No, because God doesn't exist. Otherwise he wouldn't answer one person's prayer while ignoring the other person and treating them like worthless trash.

---

So is it A, B, C, D, or E for you? Which one of these makes the most sense?
Old 17-07-2019, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Did it work?

A: Yes, praise the Lord!

B: No, but God works in mysterious ways that can't be explained.

C: No, but God is testing your faith and takes great delight in your suffering.

D: No, God is punishing you for your sins or karma. It's your own fault.

E: No, because God doesn't exist. Otherwise he wouldn't answer one person's prayer while ignoring the other person and treating them like worthless trash.

---

So is it A, B, C, D, or E for you? Which one of these makes the most sense?

What about F
As everything is cause and effect, what will be will be regardless. Praying will make no difference but it does seem to help some feel more in control of situations.
Old 17-07-2019, 02:15 PM
Deactivated Account

I don't know about anyone else, but when I started praying to the Goddess I had much more luck.
Old 17-07-2019, 02:17 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What about F
As everything is cause and effect, what will be will be regardless. Praying will make no difference but it does seem to help some feel more in control of situations.

True. Although I don't think prayers are meant to feel control over a situation, however. It's basically the same like talking to an imaginary friend and literally does nothing.
Old 17-07-2019, 02:21 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMay
I don't know about anyone else, but when I started praying to the Goddess I had much more luck.

Which goddess?
Old 17-07-2019, 02:36 PM
Master

The part that most people miss, is that you actually need to invoke a deity and they need to be present. Then you need to build a relationship with them, which is basically a form of friendship. Then, when you are really in need, they might help you out. However, just praying randomly to some vague, nondescript "God" is not going to do anything.

I have personally been helped by deities a number of times, but that was only after I learnt how to actually invoke and communicate with them. They're not in the habit of listening in on people's private thoughts and granting wishes to all and sundry. Even if you build up a relationship with them, you are asking a friend for a favour and there are limits to how often you can call upon a friend and what they will be willing to do for you.

This may sound ridiculous, but deities are people too. They have their own personalities, idiosyncracies, likes and dislikes. They can take offence and disappear for a while, or ignore you, if you have wronged them in some way.

They really don't like people who are pushy and egotistic. They are much happier to help if you are also helping someone selflessly. They are more evolved than us and exist on a higher plane, but they're not omnipotent and omniscient, there are limits to what they can do, though to us, their actions may appear miraculous. Also, I'm sorry to say, that Deities are limited in number, whereas there are billions of people, so it's best to adjust your expectations accordingly, even if their relationship to time is very different from ours. They are not interested in showing off or showing up for frivolous reasons, if you invoke a deity, you'd better have a damn good reason for it.
Old 17-07-2019, 02:37 PM
Master
Quote:
True. Although I don't think prayers are meant to feel control over a situation, however. It's basically the same like talking to an imaginary friend and literally does nothing.

Control as is ' mind over matter '
Old 17-07-2019, 03:12 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Which goddess?

The Great Goddess, God as the Divine Feminine... But I agree with No One, I didn't pray to Her for things, my intention was solely to build a relationship with Her and then when I find myself needing She is always there to aid me. I don't know if that's purely the difference between effective prayer and non-effective prayer. I'd like to say so but then I see some Christian's praying to their God much the same way without success. I have wondered if prayer is more linked to our evolution of ability to manifest our own desires. I became a witch and started practising magick when I found the Goddess. It may not be Her specifically answering me but my own desires in prayer coming to life and creating themselves around me...
Old 17-07-2019, 03:23 PM
Master
Quote:
The Great Goddess, God as the Divine Feminine... But I agree with No One, I didn't pray to Her for things, my intention was solely to build a relationship with Her and then when I find myself needing She is always there to aid me. I don't know if that's purely the difference between effective prayer and non-effective prayer. I'd like to say so but then I see some Christian's praying to their God much the same way without success. I have wondered if prayer is more linked to our evolution of ability to manifest our own desires. I became a witch and started practising magick when I found the Goddess. It may not be Her specifically answering me but my own desires in prayer coming to life and creating themselves around me...

What is Magick and how does it work?
Old 17-07-2019, 03:36 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Well when I was a Christian I tried very hard to build a relationship with the non cross-dressed God, even going so far as to make an utter fool of myself. And as well placing all my trust in him despite my numerous personal issues he never bothered to look at. But let me offer you some words of my own wisdom: Believing in an invisible friend and the magic of prayers is all fun and games until your life suddenly hits rock bottom and there's literally nothing you can do about it, and no amount of prayer, not even if the entire world prays for you, is gonna move a single grain of sand. That's how I got my wake up call to leave religion.