Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-07-2019, 01:11 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
Logic and reason should be universal and objective. I think it’s impossible to find truth without it. Regarding reincarnation I think it’s logic that:
If there is reincarnation, then there has to be something that stores memories, experiences,.... from one life and overlasting this life.

Having reincarnated can’t mean anything else than:
The thing that gives rise to my conscious experience now also existed before my current incarnation and experienced itself in other worlds too. So there necessarily has to be something (able to store memories or experiences) that exists before, after, and independent of your current physical body/brain, if you reincarnated. This thing is what I call soul.
Logic, reason and truth are relative to one's own agenda, they are also relative to knowledge, understanding, experience, intuition....... If I know things you don't, you'll find my logic flawed but really, it's only because I have understandings you don't.

Science is coming over to the idea that memory is non-local, that the brain doesn't store memories but is more of a storage/retrieval mechanism. Your head is also quantum-capable, so in that respect you're right. All of time is happening all of the time, and all of time affects all of time all of the time. Before, after, past, present, future..... All meaningless, so from that alone we don't understand reincarnation because it's based on linear time - as is what you're saying here. So it's neither logic nor reason to ignore what science says about time in order for you to fortify your linear time-based perspective on reincarnation to suit your egioc agenda. And yes, logic and reason are relative to ones own agenda, but I am conscious of that.

What were you conscious of when you wrote the OP, and by that I mean beyond your mind?
Old 27-07-2019, 02:38 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Logic, reason and truth are relative to one's own agenda, they are also relative to knowledge, understanding, experience, intuition....... If I know things you don't, you'll find my logic flawed but really, it's only because I have understandings you don't.
Then not the laws of logic cause misunderstanding but a lack of knowledge. Logic can’t be wrong per se because logic has not content. Logic is just a mechanism to combine bits of information. The laws by which information is combined are universal. If logic conclusions are we wrong the cause are either wrong premises or an invalid application of the rules of logic.

Quote:
So it's neither logic nor reason to ignore what science says about time in order for you to fortify your linear time-based perspective on reincarnation to suit your egioc agenda.
Then let’s agree that we disagree.
Old 28-07-2019, 09:59 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Then not the laws of logic cause misunderstanding but a lack of knowledge. Logic can’t be wrong per se because logic has not content. Logic is just a mechanism to combine bits of information. The laws by which information is combined are universal. If logic conclusions are we wrong the cause are either wrong premises or an invalid application of the rules of logic.
Then again you're not conscious of what you're conscious of and all the psychological knowledge does you no good at all. Logic is not the mechanism, it's the result of the processing of the mechanism. Therefore it's subjective to whatever the mechanism contains in whatever shape or form that takes.

Quote:
Then let’s agree that we disagree.
So when does logic become egoic agenda?
Old 30-07-2019, 10:22 AM
Knower

Quote:
Logic is not the mechanism, it's the result of the processing of the mechanism. Therefore it's subjective to whatever the mechanism contains in whatever shape or form that takes
Then let’s agree that we disagree on this point either.
I do no longer waste my time with petty-minded play of words.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:00 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Then let’s agree that we disagree on this point either.
I do no longer waste my time with petty-minded play of words.
So your psychology falls over again and you have to resort to this. Sad.