Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 29-08-2014, 09:51 PM
4everLove

sore throat

Hi all!

I do reiki sessions for people and yesterday i did one for a woman. When i got to her throat chakra i felt a lump in my throat and i was trying to clear it. She did the same. The throar has been something i have been working on a lot lately for myself personally. But i felt the lump in my throat after. This morning i woke up with a tight sore throat. My throat felt like it had something constricting it like a ribbon or something. A tight feeling. I made sure before the session to put my protection bubble up. Is this from me, or from her, or both or something?
Any thoughts? Any ways to protect myself more?

Thanks!
Old 30-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Master

Asking the same questions. They say with reiki you don't get the negative energies of others because it is an intelligent energy but i can tell you several times i picked up the emotions of others and i didn't feel well for anlong time after. A healer the other day said it also stayed in my aura and she had to clean it. I have a difficult case next week and plan to wear crystals fornextea protection and essential oils. I am always a bit scared of negative entities attaching to me too.
Old 31-08-2014, 12:24 AM
4everLove

oh wow!! Well this is something I am moving my career towards to I really need to do my research on protection. It could be such a scary career because you are dealing with different worlds lol. But I love it so if you find more ways of protection let me know and I will do the same! Crystals are great I hear. I have rose quartz, but should look into some others. Essential oils is something I want to incorporate as well. Thanks for the response :)
Old 31-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Master

I do think we are protected by our guides though and have to make a note to ask for it in the beginning of a session. I read Black Tourmaline is a great stone for protection. Never read rose quartz was helpful for protection. You could try an amethyst or hematite. They are easy to get and i read they protect the aura as well.
Old 31-08-2014, 03:31 PM
MayaOhmm

Dearest One,

Let us not forget that you are an Empath (those who experience the pain of others).

When something like this happens to you, ask yourself "Whose pain is this?" If it's your pain . . . give yourself some Reiki.

If you are empathically picking up on your client's pain, Quan Yin suggests that you take the pain into your Heart Center and allow it to be Transmuted by the Christ Light.

I always do the Kanjis before a session. They are a lot more powerful that simply surrounding yourself with a protective bubble.

3 of the 4 Kanjis are really simple. They serve to assist you in Centering, Grounding, Surrounding yourself with White Light, Increasing your Intuitive abilities and Opening the Portals to other dimensions.

I have a link on one of my websites that has pictures and instructions on how to do the kanjis. All you have to do is go to the website and after the URL type /kanjis.html

Let me know if you have any questions.

Maya Ohmm
Reiki Master Teacher
Old 31-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Master

I definately can feel my clients emotions and know for sure they are not mine. The problem is that the emotions stay for a while after the session. I do protect with white light and ground but its not always enough, especially when the emotions are strong. Will check out the kanjis, thank you for the link. I am sure the crystals will help as well.