Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 19-10-2012, 01:34 PM
purplesoul

Depressed after twin hearts meditation

Hi all.

I have been using the twin hearts meditation for a few months now. It's a shortened version that lasts about 15 minutes or so. When I first started using this guided mediation I really enjoyed it but started feeling depressed about an hour or so afterwards. I persevered thinking that one was not connected to the other but it seems to happen every time. I am now finding it hard to practice this guided meditation because while I enjoy the meditation while I'm doing it, I now dread the feeling of depression afterwards. Am I doing something wrong? I do exercises before and after for grounding. I don't really look forward to it anymore which is also getting me down because I think I must be doing something wrong?

The fact that I am depressed afterwards is also depressing me because I do enjoy the mediation while I'm in it. Does any of this make sense to anyone?
Old 20-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Master
I've never heard of that method before. How does it go?
Old 20-10-2012, 12:12 PM
purplesoul

Hi Gem,

Here is the link:

http://www.innervisions-products.com...ion-audio.html
Old 20-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesoul

I'm just listening to it now.

I think it's a very visual method and I can understand how the imagery would bring happiness as it is very pleasurable to think things like that, and there is a a lot of loving kindness done there too, and that would also bring some warmth to the heart. There would be a lot of benefit in that too I would imagine. It's a lovely prayer really.

It's common that meditation reaches a bit deeper in, and when the mind is calm the past traumas come to the attention of awareness and one has to take care because it's kinda like sunburn makes the skin sensitive.

Old 20-10-2012, 05:40 PM
purplesoul

Interesting take on this, Gem. I did a little digging and found these passages:

". Releasing Excess Energy. After meditation it is very important to release all excess energy... Too much unused spiritual energy is not beneficial for the physical body, it can cause of headaches, chest pain, emotional turmoil, etc."

" Following the meditation it is important to tap or rub the areas of the liver, spleen, and kidneys to avoid any congestive energies. Also rub your head, face, arms legs and trunk and redo the physical exercises to help expel any used or diseased energies and to help assimilate the fresh and vital energy faster. And to do the set of exercises again."

I found the above information here:
http://www.pranichealingforall.com/twinhearts.htm

So I was thinking that perhaps I did not expel all the energy I generated and it was having an adverse effect on me. But I also think that your theory is possible also. This meditation does make me go deeper which is great. And it is a beautiful meditation.

Glad you are enjoying it!
Old 20-10-2012, 07:10 PM
arive nan

Have you tried other guided meditations? If so, how did you feel during and after them?
Old 21-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesoul
Interesting take on this, Gem. I did a little digging and found these passages:

". Releasing Excess Energy. After meditation it is very important to release all excess energy... Too much unused spiritual energy is not beneficial for the physical body, it can cause of headaches, chest pain, emotional turmoil, etc."

" Following the meditation it is important to tap or rub the areas of the liver, spleen, and kidneys to avoid any congestive energies. Also rub your head, face, arms legs and trunk and redo the physical exercises to help expel any used or diseased energies and to help assimilate the fresh and vital energy faster. And to do the set of exercises again."

I found the above information here:
http://www.pranichealingforall.com/twinhearts.htm

So I was thinking that perhaps I did not expel all the energy I generated and it was having an adverse effect on me. But I also think that your theory is possible also. This meditation does make me go deeper which is great. And it is a beautiful meditation.

Glad you are enjoying it!

I think people assume that meditation will be all happiness, but experience shows that unpleasant feelings are a part of healing processes. In this case you describe, when an unpleasant feeling occurs, it's like 'what went wrong?', must be excess energy or incorrect practice, however, meditation brings up hard feelings because when the mind is calm and balanced, things begin to float to the surface.
Old 21-10-2012, 03:07 PM
purplesoul

Arive Nan, I don't think I have tried any other guided meditation that I can recall. When I have tried to practice in the past, I have just closed my eyes and try to quiet the mind. It has always been difficult for me using that method. I enjoy the twin hearts meditation because it makes me remember that we are all connected. The meditation sends out blessings to the earth using the heart and crown chakra. I have noticed a difference in myself since I've been practicing it. I am more content in myself.

I take your point, Gem, that meditation isn't supposed to be all beauty and bliss and that it may bring up old stuff. I think in this case, I was not finishing my meditation properly and I underestimated the power I was creating because I really didn't feel it. Before each meditation, you are to do gentle exercises to waken the chakras. Likewise, you do this after the meditation to release any excess energy. One thing that was recommended that I wasn't doing was to gently rub down your body from head to toe: arms, legs, back, torso, etc. Also to eat something small right after. Today I did this and have felt fine--no depression afterwards and it's been about 3 hours since I meditated. I really enjoy the sensations I feel when I use this meditation.
Old 21-10-2012, 07:30 PM
arive nan

Well, it could be that other guided meditations would result in the same after-affects. If you tried a few others, you could know if the feelings you experience afterwards are because of that specific meditation or something that you would feel after other guided meditations as well. If the same thing happens after trying other ones, then the specific nature of the twin hearts meditation might not be the cause.
Old 21-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Master
purplesoul... In my experience,
breathing consciously in my belly or heart center with any meditation practice
(and in ordinary life)
helps me relax into the inner quiet space beyond the mind
stay present and open with the good stuff
and ease on through with any difficult energies that may arise.

Xan