Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 13-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Ascender

I have my first Reiki I & II classes this weekend but my hands perspire

I have hyperhydrosis where my hands will pretty much perspire all the time and I'm somewhat nervous and feel disadvantaged to perform Reiki because don't you have to touch people? I guess I just need some reassurance or tips here. It saddens me that my wet hands gross people out and they really bother me.

I think several years ago it was Reiki that a woman was performing on me at an event and she told me that she said she saw a vision that my ancestors hands where constantly washing things so they were always wet, and this is why my hands are like this. Maybe she didn't want to scare me and actually meant that I had a past life where my hands were always in water?
Old 13-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Administrator
Hello

Reiki can be done "hands off" where one just holds the energy above the surface of the body so no worried on the touch.

It comes down to the healer's preference on to touch or not to touch, for me I prefer no touch as I pick up on the full energies of a person and in that can bring on the stress and the hands will sweat.

I would not worry on the hands we all have our personal issues we struggle with its the intent one has as a healer that matters.

It is possible there is a past life connection and in meditation one can ask on that and who knows maybe clear the issues some. What I pick up on is the energy of working with clay.

Lynn
Old 13-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Ascender

Lynn, thank you, what a relieft to know I don't need to do actual touching.

Regarding working with clay in a past life, I can see that possbility as I noticed that I'm good with molding things out of Play-Dough. lol.
Old 13-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
Lynn, thank you, what a relieft to know I don't need to do actual touching.

Regarding working with clay in a past life, I can see that possbility as I noticed that I'm good with molding things out of Play-Dough. lol.

Hello

Your most welcome, I too had that worry when I took mine. As I am so highly empathic I pick up on everyone's (well junk) at times and its drainning. When the pure intention is to give them some posstive energy to where they need it most.

I just have intuition flashes at times to what one's have done. I say wet clay hands and while its great for the skin the hands are always wet. Might want to explore doing some pottery wheel work I have the feeling you might be rather good with it.

Lynn